Live & learn: a case of mistaken identity

VoodooLounge13
Apr 29, 2021

Rank 0

Apr 29, 2021

Having now started to see these pop up around town and at the dealerships, I must say all my excitement for this vehicle has completely dissipated!!! First of all, it's much smaller than I'd expected, and I got to thinking that maybe that is the Baby Bronco?? I don't really know, but I do know it is nowhere near the size of the Wrangler! The Bronco was a big truck back in the 80's, and I'd hoped it would be something of substantial size this time around again. With its classic look, I guess Ford went more for the original size as well as look. Can't go after the Wrangler market though if only half the size!!!! Having seen it in person, I must admit I no longer have this vehicle on my list to purchase. Ford had a chance to really do something huge with this vehicle and finally get their stock performing better, but I fear they've badly missed the mark and will not cut into Wrangler's following at all. Having just purchased (literally this past weekend) a gently used 2011 Jeep Liberty - my first Jeep - I remain firmly entrenched in one day owning a Gladiator (I prefer pickups and had always wanted a Wrangler....until the Gladiator arrived). I was stoked that Ford was bringing back the Bronco and loved the look and options of it online................in person, to me, it is a phenomenal disappointment!!!! And this is coming from both a stock holder and a person who has had 3 Ford's previously. Ford was actually my domestic brand of choice....
Commodore, Grooticus
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2021

Road trip!!!

Apr 29, 2021

Having now started to see these pop up around town and at the dealerships, I must say all my excitement for this vehicle has completely dissipated!!! First of all, it's much smaller than I'd expected, and I got to thinking that maybe that is the Baby Bronco?? I don't really know, but I do know it is nowhere near the size of the Wrangler! The Bronco was a big truck back in the 80's, and I'd hoped it would be something of substantial size this time around again. With its classic look, I guess Ford went more for the original size as well as look. Can't go after the Wrangler market though if only half the size!!!! Having seen it in person, I must admit I no longer have this vehicle on my list to purchase. Ford had a chance to really do something huge with this vehicle and finally get their stock performing better, but I fear they've badly missed the mark and will not cut into Wrangler's following at all. Having just purchased (literally this past weekend) a gently used 2011 Jeep Liberty - my first Jeep - I remain firmly entrenched in one day owning a Gladiator (I prefer pickups and had always wanted a Wrangler....until the Gladiator arrived). I was stoked that Ford was bringing back the Bronco and loved the look and options of it online................in person, to me, it is a phenomenal disappointment!!!! And this is coming from both a stock holder and a person who has had 3 Ford's previously. Ford was actually my domestic brand of choice....
Only thing at the dealerships right now is the Bronco Sport.

The Bronco is the same size as the wrangler.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
Soupcook, GaryB2220
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Apr 29, 2021

I'm almost certain you've been seeing the Sport, as a Bronco around town is still a very rare thing. I do feel nearly all the trims (some read a little smaller) –– and especially with the Sasquatch package –– are big. Wildtrak is huge with SAS! However, no matter the size, the CAPABILITY is non refutable. I appreciate your opinion, but I think you'll be shocked at how well Ford is doing with the Bronco due to people loving it, from us average Joes to the pro racers. Enjoy your Liberty and your plans for the Gladiator, but give it a few more months for Broncos to really be in public, and you might change your mind! :)
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
D190065, tlowell01

Rank V

Apr 29, 2021

You're not looking at the bronco then....and there was a reason they quit making "full size" broncos, why would they go down that road again?

I had the driver back into the spot next to Jeep for a comparison pic at the gas station during Super Celebration.

20210423_164837.jpg
2D BL, Sas, 2.7l, High, Silver 10:22pm 7/13/20 Res, 1/31 2/7 2/14 2/28 3/7 build dates
built 3/11/22, delivered 4/16/22
D190065, srick76

Rank VI

Apr 29, 2021

You're making a statement about a vehicle that isn't out yet (pre-production units).
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
Steve777468, KingCakeKid

Rank VI

Apr 29, 2021

The actual measurements (wheelbase, track width, height, etc) are within inches of a Wrangler, some tip toward Bronco being slightly larger...but it definitely looks and 'feels' bigger.

Having had the chance to see a Bronco and being a previous Wrangler (2014) owner, I can tell you with full confidence that the Bronco definitely presents as bigger. I am 6'7" and even my Rubicon was shorter than me. A Squatched Bronco is almost the same height as I am. Inside the Bronco feels much bigger than the Wrangler and has larger factory tire sizes. I don't fit the current generation Wrangler/Gladiator as its too small inside...but fit just fine in the Bronco.
BN 0232 Bronco "Skwach" - 4 Dr FE, Lightning Blue, MIC/NP
New acquisition - Ranger Lariat Tremor, Rapid Red "Quake" (Skwach's little brother)
Other fun stuff: Honda Pioneer 1000 dirt toy (Need hitch!)
KennyMac, Steve777468

Rank V

Apr 29, 2021

... The Bronco was a big truck back in the 80's ...

My Avatar agrees with you :) If that's what you like, I suspect you'd be pleasntly surprised with the 4 door which is what I'm getting. --> Bronco proper - not the Sport <--
I had a Jeep Liberty. Loved it. The 4 door Bronco proper is bigger AND you can take the doors and roof off :) I see you're from CT. Danbury Ford is showing the full size Bronco in just a couple of weeks. Go take a look. I'd love to hear what you think then: You can sign up here:
https://thebroncofamily.com/registration/ColonialFord
Colonial Ford - May 15 126 Federal Rd. Danbury, CT 06811
KennyMac, Steve777468

Rank V

Apr 29, 2021

The actual measurements (wheelbase, track width, height, etc) are within inches of a Wrangler, some tip toward Bronco being slightly larger...but it definitely looks and 'feels' bigger.

Having had the chance to see a Bronco and being a previous Wrangler (2014) owner, I can tell you with full confidence that the Bronco definitely presents as bigger. I am 6'7" and even my Rubicon was shorter than me. A Squatched Bronco is almost the same height as I am. Inside the Bronco feels much bigger than the Wrangler and has larger factory tire sizes. I don't fit the current generation Wrangler/Gladiator as its too small inside...but fit just fine in the Bronco.
This was actually my biggest fear. I got lucky and am getting my OBX this year, but I'm 6'4" and was worried it'd feel cramped. But if you're 6'7" and feel good inside a Bronco... then I think I'll be alright :)
Bronco 4-dr Outer Banks
High Package / Sasquatch. First off-road ready vehicle, let's do this.
Steve777468, TK1215

Rank V

Apr 29, 2021

Which one did you see at the dealership? The first image is a 2021 Bronco and the second is a 2021 Bronco Sport.

Attachments

Jakob1972, Laura

Libations MOD

Apr 29, 2021

Ummm, have you seen the Bronco next to a Jeep??

You're obviously very mistaken on what the Bronco is versus the Bronco Sport that is actually at dealerships now
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
14U, DRWright

Rank IV

Apr 29, 2021

Ok I will take your early reservation
Steve777468, Jakob1972

Rank VI

Apr 29, 2021

Well, having owned a 14’ Wrangler and recently sat in a 21’ Bronco I can assure you the Bronco is not smaller than a wrangler.
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red
14U, Steve777468

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Apr 29, 2021

I went briefly today for 5 mins due to work, and gonna take my time Saturday at my dealer.

Only thing im disappointed in is the dark colors and lack of 2drs, otherwise so excited for mine.

Throws weren't bad, definitely would install a short shifter, but definitely making the most of it once I get it this summerIMG_20210429_112127.jpgIMG_20210429_112114.jpgIMG_20210429_112051.jpgIMG_20210429_112054.jpgIMG_20210429_111952.jpgIMG_20210429_111702.jpgIMG_20210429_111726.jpgIMG_20210429_111630.jpgIMG_20210429_111541.jpg
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics
Steve777468, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Apr 29, 2021

Am I on Facebook? :ROFLMAO:

There is literally one of these posts everyday.
Raptor w/ lux package, orange belts. Code Orange.
BN #306
srick76, Steve777468

Rank V

Apr 29, 2021

Am I on Facebook? :ROFLMAO:

There is literally one of these posts everyday.
Yep. I think he is what is commonly referred to as C O R N - F U S E D.
You can't reason someone out of a position that they didn't reason themselves into.
ResidualGenius

Rank V

Apr 29, 2021

I don't understand how someone who has been on this site since July 2020 can not know what they're looking at. I find that it takes some intentionality to stay in the dark.
srick76, Rydfree

Rank V

Apr 29, 2021

I went briefly today for 5 mins due to work, and gonna take my time Saturday at my dealer.

Only thing im disappointed in is the dark colors and lack of 2drs, otherwise so excited for mine.

Throws weren't bad, definitely would install a short shifter, but definitely making the most of it once I get it this summerView attachment 12533View attachment 12535View attachment 12536

Is spent over an hour looking at 2 of them Tuesday afternoon. Both were Badlands, non-Squatch, soft-tops - one in Race Red and the other in Rapid Red. MGV in one and Leather in the other.
I was surprised by the amount of space in the storage area! I also confirmed that I will keep the MGV on my order. I can manually adjust the seat to my liking and I'll be OK without the rear cupholder. Plus I can save $2500 to use on accessories. I'll keep my order: 4dr, CO, Badlands, Squatch, Lux, V6, Towing, & MIC.
Steve777468, ResidualGenius

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Apr 29, 2021

Is spent over an hour looking at 2 of them Tuesday afternoon. Both were Badlands, non-Squatch, soft-tops - one in Race Red and the other in Rapid Red. MGV in one and Leather in the other.
I was surprised by the amount of space in the storage area! I also confirmed that I will keep the MGV on my order. I can manually adjust the seat to my liking and I'll be OK without the rear cupholder. Plus I can save $2500 to use on accessories. I'll keep my order: 4dr, CO, Badlands, Squatch, Lux, V6, Towing, & MIC.

Nice order and hopefully my dealers got red. Definitely enjoyed the experience I did have, and excited for Saturday.

Those seats were nice, what accessories are ya gonna get?
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics
Steve777468

Rank II

Apr 29, 2021

It’s funny to watch OP speak with such authority, but not know the difference between a Bronco and the sport.

Pretty sure this was some reverse-troll post.
Rydfree, Steve777468

Rank VI

Apr 29, 2021

You should probably do some research...
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.
KingCakeKid, Steve777468