Lifting an F-150 Lightning: Suspension, Wheels, Tires, Rooftop Tent Install

Laura
Jul 06, 2022
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Jul 06, 2022

Nope, not a Bronco. But Garrett from Dirt Tires & Donuts Garage (our partner on GRT Offroad Bronco lift kits -- members, save 10%) took delivery of his Lightning, and we couldn't help but stop by while it was getting some mods.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
Marmot, Shoresy
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 06, 2022

GASQUATCH

Jul 06, 2022

Interesting taking a full electric "off the grid" to camp....
I have a powerboost, which is Ford's hybrid truck, and if the lightning is similar, they are very capable off road vehicles.
2022 Badlands / Sasquatch / 2.7 / Auto / 2DR / MIC / Bestop Trektop / LUX / 12000# Badland winch / in Hot Pepper Red
Mal, Laura
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Jul 06, 2022

Interesting taking a full electric "off the grid" to camp....
I have a powerboost, which is Ford's hybrid truck, and if the lightning is similar, they are very capable off road vehicles.
That's cool! Do you use your F150 off road often, or is that what the Bronco is going to be for you?
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s

GASQUATCH

Jul 06, 2022

That's cool! Do you use your F150 off road often, or is that what the Bronco is going to be for you?
The bronco is primary tool for offroad....bought the powerboost for economy and/or towing duty as needed. And its just plain luxury! I can power my house from my truck for 72 hours straight as needed.
When the bronco goes hybrid, its going to be very interesting. If they utilize the battery for power ports similar to the powerboost, it is 7.2kw 240/120volts, which would make it a killer camping rig...welders, grinders, refrigerators, or even RVs just by plugging in....
2022 Badlands / Sasquatch / 2.7 / Auto / 2DR / MIC / Bestop Trektop / LUX / 12000# Badland winch / in Hot Pepper Red
Mal, Deano Bronc

Trusted and Carefree

Jul 07, 2022

The bronco is primary tool for offroad....bought the powerboost for economy and/or towing duty as needed. And its just plain luxury! I can power my house from my truck for 72 hours straight as needed.
When the bronco goes hybrid, its going to be very interesting. If they utilize the battery for power ports similar to the powerboost, it is 7.2kw 240/120volts, which would make it a killer camping rig...welders, grinders, refrigerators, or even RVs just by plugging in....
A hybrid bronco set up like the powerboost F-150 will be a game changer for the overlanding crowd. I sweat out the battery on the Camper everytime we do dispersed camping with it and something like that would really take the edge of my anxiety. And I bet it would get better than 16mpg. I bet we see one when they refresh the design.
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco
Laura, Xpathf1nderX

Rank VI

Jul 07, 2022

which would make it a killer camping rig...welders, grinders, refrigerators, or even RVs just by plugging in....

What kind of camping do you do that you bring along welders and grinders??!?!?
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
Shoresy, Mal