Just returned from NH off-rodeo

J.bell
Oct 18, 2021

Rank VI

Oct 18, 2021

The rain storm Saturday night created the perfect conditions for a true test of a Bronco. My son and I selected a cyber orange 4dr 2.7 badlands non sas with 33 ATs. My first time driving the bronco and my sons seeing it. The venue was perfect. Incredible mountain vistas, plenty of rocks, and mud to play in. I’m usually not a gaget guy , but I like the trail assist and absolutely love trail turn assist! Plenty of torque. Great traction both with and without lockers and sway bar disconnect. Seats are comfortable , controls are well within reach all in all a very capable off-road vehicle. What I didn’t like: visibility over the hood just plain sucks. The rear engine bracket on the 2.7 engine hangs low and seems to contact rocks ever chance it gets. Also in the way is the rear lower link mounts. What the hell were Ford engineers thinking. Too bad they didn’t protect the lowest things with bash plates. I didn’t like the tpms lights constantly on. I know the tires are low, l’m off road. The passenger grab handles are just in the wrong place. My last complaint, the cyber orange hood got old really fast. Although I like the color, a full day looking over the hood was rough on the eyes. Otherwise I like the Bronco very much. I still haven’t driven on road.
Deano Bronc, Rhiostatic
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2021

Road trip!!!

Oct 19, 2021

The rain storm Saturday night created the perfect conditions for a true test of a Bronco. My son and I selected a cyber orange 4dr 2.7 badlands non sas with 33 ATs. My first time driving the bronco and my sons seeing it. The venue was perfect. Incredible mountain vistas, plenty of rocks, and mud to play in. I’m usually not a gaget guy , but I like the trail assist and absolutely love trail turn assist! Plenty of torque. Great traction both with and without lockers and sway bar disconnect. Seats are comfortable , controls are well within reach all in all a very capable off-road vehicle. What I didn’t like: visibility over the hood just plain sucks. The rear engine bracket on the 2.7 engine hangs low and seems to contact rocks ever chance it gets. Also in the way is the rear lower link mounts. What the hell were Ford engineers thinking. Too bad they didn’t protect the lowest things with bash plates. I didn’t like the tpms lights constantly on. I know the tires are low, l’m off road. The passenger grab handles are just in the wrong place. My last complaint, the cyber orange hood got old really fast. Although I like the color, a full day looking over the hood was rough on the eyes. Otherwise I like the Bronco very much. I still haven’t driven on road.
Nice honest review! There is a company that already has guarding for the lower link mounts. I think it’s Fun Haver.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
the poacher, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Oct 19, 2021

I couldn't agree more on the tpms warnings, that should be disabled in certain driving modes or any 4 wheel drive. And an a pillar grab handle at least for the passenger would be 10 times more helpful. Like @SlashRacer said, the AM lower mount guards may be necessary for my rig, not sure on the engine mount yet.
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow
SlashRacer, Bschurr

Rank VI

Oct 19, 2021

I concur on the critiques, I wonder if the TPMS issue could be fixed with a simple software update, while they're at it maybe they can fix the crappy tachometer. I asked about the grab handles and was told they couldn't be in the normal places due to the side curtain air bags.
Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Oct 19, 2021

I concur on the critiques, I wonder if the TPMS issue could be fixed with a simple software update, while they're at it maybe they can fix the crappy tachometer. I asked about the grab handles and was told they couldn't be in the normal places due to the side curtain air bags.
[/QUOTE
Ford wanted to go head to head with the Jeep ? Maybe someone on the design staff should have looked at a Jeep . What’s wrong with a bar right in front of the passenger right where it says Bronco ? I would rather my passenger grab a bar in a natural spot than they’re arm going out the window. I can shut the Jeep tpms off with a programmer. And the lower link is above the frame rail. Come on ford , step it up!

Rank VI

Oct 19, 2021

Crappy tach? I didn’t even see it lost in the sea of useless information on the dash. It looks cool but just a bunch of electronic masturbation. I need info at a glance . I need to put on reading glasses for this. I might as well be texting while driving.( maybe that’s why it needs side curtain air bags)?
KennyMac, the poacher

Rank V

Oct 19, 2021

So with the color issue. is there a brightness to the paint that shines more than other colors your saying? Yes I know inherently its brighter but trying to get more specifics as that is the color mine is going to be.

Rank VI

Oct 19, 2021

I don’t know if it shines more than the others. My eyes felt fatigued at the end of the day. Maybe too much contrast to natural colors. It could just be me.
Rhiostatic

Life is a Highway

Oct 19, 2021

From what I observed at OR when I was hitting anything, which wasn’t very often, I personally was taking a bad line or carrying to much speed over obstacles. My daughter was with me so she had no problem telling me I was doing it wrong! I did drive a badsquatch but only a mid package so no cameras. The hood is long and I was definitely using the hood sights. I also found myself leaning out the window quite a bit
KennyMac

Rank VI

Oct 19, 2021

Nh was technical. Having experience, I purposely chose challenging lines. My son also has rock crawling experience said the same. It needs more clearance. If you’re going to do that. The badsqatch with us just cleared where we didn’t but just. My Jk with 33s and a 2” lift would not have been close.
KennyMac, TK1215

Life is a Highway

Oct 19, 2021

A lot of technical in Moab also. My daughter would yell at me whenever I went really technical. I told her if I don’t try it here i may never try it out there
KennyMac, the poacher

Rank VI

Oct 19, 2021

A lot of technical in Moab also. My daughter would yell at me whenever I went really technical. I told her if I don’t try it here i may never try it out there
I figured “hey it’s a rental lets see what this thing can really do.” For an out of the box off roader , outstanding! A trd would have been getting dragged out . Probably by a bronco!
the poacher

Life is a Highway

Oct 19, 2021

I figured “hey it’s a rental lets see what this thing can really do.” For an out of the box off roader , outstanding! A trd would have been getting dragged out . Probably by a bronco!
My daughter has a Tacoma and she told me hers would have been banging and dragging its ass all over the place. She is now considering…..A Bronco…in a few years when this settles down
the poacher, Deano Bronc