JBL Sound Bar does not work on 2022

22BlackDiamondGreen
Feb 17, 2022

Rank 0

Feb 17, 2022

I had a JBL soundbar installed at my dealer in my 2022 Bronco -- when i picked it up it sounded like crap - after a week of calls the dealership was told by Ford that the software does not work on the 2022 -- after trying to call myself (transferred 7 times then hung up on) I finally used this forum to reach out -- Just got a call from ford regarding the JBL Soundbar -- They have no idea when they will be able to make it work -- I'm out over $1000 not to mention my time -- DO NOT BUY if you have a 2022
country roads, the poacher
Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2022

Burrito Connoisseur

Feb 17, 2022

Well… I was afraid of that once I realized the part numbers on the infotainment system was different for 2022. But I was hoping I was just being paranoid.

Looks like my paranoia was well-founded. Good to know. Thanks for the report.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
the poacher, Slownstddy

Rank 0

Feb 28, 2022

I just placed my order for one, thanks for posting on the forum, mine is a 2022 and you saved me some headache. I’ll refund the sound bar and just upgrade the stock speakers until Ford can get it together.

Rank 0

Mar 31, 2022

I have a 2021 and they gave me the same answer, non b and o system

Rank VI

Mar 31, 2022

I have a 2021 and they gave me the same answer, non b and o system
My BIL got his soundbar a couple weeks ago. Had flash done and it's working fine. MY21.
Though honestly, not that impressed with it. It's better than stock, but no wow factor.
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.
Se7en7Se7en

Rank IV

Jun 19, 2022

I had a JBL soundbar installed at my dealer in my 2022 Bronco -- when i picked it up it sounded like crap - after a week of calls the dealership was told by Ford that the software does not work on the 2022 -- after trying to call myself (transferred 7 times then hung up on) I finally used this forum to reach out -- Just got a call from ford regarding the JBL Soundbar -- They have no idea when they will be able to make it work -- I'm out over $1000 not to mention my time -- DO NOT BUY if you have a 2022

I unfortunately already bought this and had it installed by the dealer. It works but like another person mentioned, not a wow factor.

Has this been resolved for yours?

Rank V

Jun 19, 2022

I “pre-delivery” ordered it along with other accessories from my dealer. Parts guy called me back and said “don’t waste your money”. I took it off my list.
Se7en7Se7en, etmccaus

Rank IV

Jun 19, 2022

It also looks (from photos) as though it blocks sight from rearview mirror through back window.
Badlands Sasquatch Eruption Green 4 Door Hard Top 2.7 Lux Leather
Reservation 2/12/21 Order 4/2/21
Delivered 1/6/23

Rank VI

Jun 19, 2022

It also looks (from photos) as though it blocks sight from rearview mirror through back window.
It does.

Evan

Jun 20, 2022

So, you might want to talk to your dealer about this once again - really seems as if Ford is aware of the issue and has updated the programming software?

1655699803102.png
TEEDEE, RagnarKon

Burrito Connoisseur

Jun 20, 2022

So, you might want to talk to your dealer about this once again - really seems as if Ford is aware of the issue and has updated the programming software?

View attachment 38151
Yeah to @etmccaus point this issue has been fixed (it was not fixed at the time this post was originally created back in February).

The JBL soundbar still isn’t worth it in my opinion. If you have a ton of FordPass points and nothing to spend it on… then yeah… sure… why not. But definitely isn’t worth the $1000 by itself. Blocks you rear view, and if you have a 4-door it prevents you from storing your doors in your vehicle.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
Bronco 202?

Rank IV

Jun 20, 2022

It definitely does. (Speaking from experience…)

Rank IV

Jun 20, 2022

View attachment 38151
Yeah to @etmccaus point this issue has been fixed (it was not fixed at the time this post was originally created back in February).

The JBL soundbar still isn’t worth it in my opinion. If you have a ton of FordPass points and nothing to spend it on… then yeah… sure… why not. But definitely isn’t worth the $1000 by itself. Blocks you rear view, and if you have a 4-door it prevents you from storing your doors in your vehicle.

I unfortunately agree.

I haven’t tried to store my doors in the back since having it installed, but for the cost of the soundbar you can definitely find better speaker upgrades.

I reported my discontent to the dealer and am having push back about undoing the install and returning the soundbar. I don’t expect the installation cost back as the work was done, but for $1,000 you should be happy with the product.
Bronco 202?

Rank IV

Dec 07, 2022

I spent many years in the car audio industry, I just purchased the amplified version of the JBL sound bar. Spent quite a bit on it. Will install it in the next few days. I believe if you spent a little extra and think outside the box and change out speakers and add the amplifier you will enjoy the sound you get. Keep it well balance. The amplified JBL is 300 watts of power. It has Hi-level inputs (speaker level) and low level inputs (RCA). I understand the rear factory speakers do not have hardly any base and seems to have some sort of sound limiting capacitors. I will be tapping into the front kick panel speaker wires for this input on the JBL. I will keep you all posted, the amplified sound-bar is a JBL UB4100. I'm most certain it will be plenty enough power.

Rank VI

Dec 07, 2022

I am constantly amazed at all of the crap that you have to get into the computer for on this thing, every light or bell and whistle (I know its the way of the future but still you have to get a subscription to their software to play with it too). I’m a computer geek so that’s not what bugs me. What bugs me is that it’s what I consider a weakness in the vehicle overall.
I mean this is just a speaker change why do you have to get into the computer, should just be two wires.

I’m amazed at how disappointed everyone is with the sound, labeling it “garbage” or “crap”. Now maybe I’m tone deaf or the 24 years in the Navy killed my hearing I guess I only hear in 16 bit audio because I’m perfectly happy with the B&O system heck and probably would be the stock too but who knows. I’m happy for my lack of audio aficionado skills, I guess it saves me money :-)

Guess I just needed to rant, good morning all! :-)
22 | Badlands | Cyber | NonSAS | MIC | 2.7 Auto | Lux | Leather | Tow |
Res: 07/27/2020, Order: 11/04/2021, Sched: 8/8, Re-Sched: 8/15, In-Prod: 8/15, Blend: 8/19, Mods: 8/23, Chip Hold: 9/29, Built: 10/3, Ship: 10/4, Train #: 10/5, Delivered: 10/20.
TK1215, SlashRacer

Rank IV

Dec 07, 2022

Its ok to rant and range. You absolutely right. No reason for computer system to have control over system. The JBL UB4100 is also blue tooth. When you're parked, you can open the back and rotate the the soundbar facing the back. And presto……use your phone and not the vehicle for your sound. 🇺🇸