Is there any truth about the over heating issues with the new Broncos?

Gary T.
Mar 23, 2021

Rank 0

Mar 23, 2021

Is there any truth about the over heating issue with the new Broncos?
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2021

Life is a Highway

Mar 23, 2021

I have t heard that one. What have you got for us on this topic?

Libations MOD

Mar 23, 2021

I have t heard that one. What have you got for us on this topic?
It's on the Bronco Sport supposedly. Only one tester has mentioned it. It's posted under the Sport section on here
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
bronco11, 14U

Rank VI

Mar 23, 2021

Talking about the Bronco Sport?

Not sure if it was this forum, or another, but it's in the owner's manual. I posted the text, I thought it was on this forum. The 4WD system can overheat, shut the a/c off and need a 10-minute cooling off period. Yes, the Bronco Sport (and other Ford 4WD (AWD) systems can overheat).
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
14U, Sdakotabronco

Rank V

Mar 23, 2021

Go look at the owners manual.
It is posted on a thread here on Bronco Nation.
It explains this function of the vehicle.
if you read the owners manual
Will help understand the topic.
Know what you are buying and how it works!!!

Rank V

Mar 23, 2021

My, my.
4 Door Badlands: Carbonized Gray, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Towing Package, 35" Tires ETC

Rank V

May 04, 2021

interesting following...
"The core of mans' spirit comes from new experiences."

Rank V

May 05, 2021

Indeed.
4 Door Badlands: Carbonized Gray, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Towing Package, 35" Tires ETC

Rank V

May 05, 2021

So thank you Gary for letting us know of that issue and thanks to the others for the information as to why. A few points of clarification. Either Gary was trolling and wanted to start something or he genuinely was new to Bronco, 4x4s and off-roading in general. I am guessing it was the latter. Some of us are brand new to all those things mentioned above and would have no idea to even think that was possible in today’s day and age. Some of us don’t work on cars and some of us don’t have time to read a manual before we even get our truck. Some of us are brand new to this and just need some assistance. I guess my point is if you have the knowledge be a mentor don’t be sanctimonious. Just my thoughts.
BaconBacon, Buking Bronco

Member 2541 Jerry

May 05, 2021

Is there any truth about the over heating issue with the new Broncos?
Yes, there is truth to it.
there is a drive around video of it happening on a sport model. I saw it in BN somewhere about a month ago.
But...
The overheating is a safety measure built into the vehicle to save damage to the drivetrain.
I would assume the larger Broncos will have the same programming, but higher abilities in the drivetrain, as it’s generally “more” off road worthy.
Also,
Welcome to the Bronco Nation.
2022 -2door Black Diamond
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
BaconBacon, Coldsmoke

Rank V

May 05, 2021

there is a drive around video of it happening on a sport model. I saw it in BN somewhere about a month ago.
But...
The overheating is a safety measure built into the vehicle to save damage to the drivetrain.
I would assume the larger Broncos will have the same programming, but higher abilities in the drivetrain, as it’s generally “more” off road worthy.
Also,

I recall seeing that video as well here on BN somewhere and it was a Bronco Sport Badlands. The driver was going heavy on trying to climb a slick rock trail and eventually got some kind of warning the drivetrain was over temp and he had to wait for a few minutes for it to cool down.
You can't reason someone out of a position that they didn't reason themselves into.
14U

Mud,Sweat and Gears

May 05, 2021

One reason to not get automatic tranny they pump heat into the radiator overheating tbe engine.You will never have this problem with a manual.
Sdakotabronco, Bronco_Girl

Gladesmen

May 05, 2021

But...
Also,
I don’t think the Bronco (not sport) will need this type of safety measure it has a totally different 4x4 than the sport. The sport uses clutches to engage the wheels for 4x4 it is closer to an AWD than 4x4. So heat is a big deal for their drive system the sport’s 4x4 will heat up more, and quicker than the 4x4 on its bigger brother. That said the Bronco will have parameters for the transmission and engine to keep them from overheating.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
BaconBacon, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

May 05, 2021

If the t-case is gear (not clutch)/chain driven, we're in luck (speaking big Bronco).
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
Sdakotabronco, Jakob1972

Rank IV

Jul 04, 2022

There is an overheating issue with the 2.7 bronco. One of the radiator hoses rests up against a pulley bolt and I'm assuming the heat melts the hose and leaks the fluid. Quick fix is to zie tie the hose out of the way. Sorry I don't have pictures.
BaconBacon

Life is a Highway

Jul 04, 2022

There is an overheating issue with the 2.7 bronco. One of the radiator hoses rests up against a pulley bolt and I'm assuming the heat melts the hose and leaks the fluid. Quick fix is to zie tie the hose out of the way. Sorry I don't have pictures.
Wow since the original thread was posted over a year ago regarding the Bronco Sport having the issue, I hadn’t seen anything about it. Never heard anything about hoses melting or any issue like that. If you could direct me as to where I can look up this hose issue I would like to check it out. Thanks!

Rank IV

Jul 04, 2022

Yeah i dunno how i ran into this thread, but its good info.
I found this
TK1215

Life is a Highway

Jul 04, 2022

I found this
Thanks! Taking a dive into it now(y)

Life is a Highway

Jul 04, 2022

I found this
I bet they forgot to put one on at the factory. Now I have to try and remember to inspect for this, when ever I actually get my Bronco.
Deano Bronc

Rank V

Jul 04, 2022

If I recall correctly the 2.7 coolant hose was touching the pulley and the friction from both touching rubbed a hole in the hose. Causing a big mess and engine failure. Not caused by heat.

Yes, most 2.7 owners in that batch of broncos zip tied the hose and problem solved (or better yet problem avoided).

Not heard of any big broncos overheating since taking delivery of our 2.3 MT 9 months ago. But I do recall a thread on B6G last year where a number of 2.7 engines failed because of fluid leak via hose touching pulley. Then the valve dropping issues started and we never really heard about the hose/pulley problem ever again. Until now..
2021Bronco☆2.3☆BL☆7MT☆4D☆A51☆SoftT☆ARRIVED 9/9/21☆SOLD 1/21/23☆NT Supports▪Consults▪Supply's Car Dealers, Vehicle Distributors, and Retail Customers Since 1992
Deano Bronc, TK1215