Is Ford to address pushed customers on BN

MCBronco777
Jan 20, 2022

Rank V

Jan 20, 2022

Can Bronco Nation request a new event for Ford to update our members that were pushed and still have no vin?

Early reservists who still have no vin.

commodity update.

A schedule of updates to expect from Ford.

we joke about the drinking game. Checking our inbox and seeing nothing. Can we request something better? Scheduled monthly update.

This post is meant to be constructive. Not negative. Please chime in if you have constructive ideas for a Ford update to BN.
brewdok, LR48
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2022

Rank VI

Jan 21, 2022

I’d like Ford to consider a discounted price, for original orders and owners only, to purchase MIC top. Pricing should be ~soft top+Delta at ordering time… around $2500-3000?
2021 badlands, 2.3, MT, rapid red, soft top
PC Austin, AllthePonies

Libations MOD

Jan 21, 2022

Can Bronco Nation request a new event for Ford to update our members that were pushed and still have no vin?

commodity update.

we joke about the drinking game. Checking our inbox and seeing nothing. Can we request something better? Scheduled monthly update.

This post is meant to be constructive. Not negative. Please chime in if you have constructive ideas for a Ford update to BN.
@Ford Motor Company want to answer this one??
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
LR48, Chief1301

Rank V

Jan 21, 2022

commodity update.

Wait, wut? You and the mouse in your pocket think it's a joke?
'21 AMB Basesquatch 2 Door. 2.7. 569 days from reservation to delivery
Bschurr, Poindexter_d

Standing Grumpy Face

Jan 21, 2022

I and many others have asked on numerous occasions why dealers that took reservations below MSRP and received many many orders got totally hosed on allocations for the year. Never get an answer.

I really don't think they want to answer any questions related to reservations, outstanding orders, constraints or allocations. Because the whole process is so broken there really isn't any way to fix it now.

The blanket response is "hang in there".
Bronco 202?, okie4570

Rank V

Jan 21, 2022

I and many others have asked on numerous occasions why dealers that took reservations below MSRP and received many many orders got totally hosed on allocations for the year. Never get an answer.

I really don't think they want to answer any questions related to reservations, outstanding orders, constraints or allocations. Because the whole process is so broken there really isn't any way to fix it now.

The blanket response is "hang in there".
Ford has addressed BN previously. They have had time since the push to consider their next message. It’s time to address BN again in a constructive and honest manor.
Big Papa, Hobgoblin

Rank V

Jan 21, 2022

I’d like Ford to consider a discounted price, for original orders and owners only, to purchase MIC top. Pricing should be ~soft top+Delta at ordering time… around $2500-3000?
A good point for them to address.
AllthePonies, Poindexter_d

Rank V

Jan 21, 2022

I agree but I’m not sure what you mean by “Delta”. I reserved in 10/2020 expecting to buy a dual top and I still very much want that and at the price expected in 2020. Waiting til now with not a word from the dealer or Ford warrants much much better than some Ford swag and an off road test drive.
Poindexter_d

Rank I

Jan 21, 2022

Since the whole reservation system was a fail. Customers should be refunded their $100. As well as get to keep their order. Kind of ridiculous, seeing others jump in front of everyone getting “production emails”. No hate at all, congrats to those. But those day 1 holders are getting screwed.
tbearc, Cheeselog

Rank V

Jan 21, 2022

Since the whole reservation system was a fail. Customers should be refunded their $100. As well as get to keep their order. Kind of ridiculous, seeing others jump in front of everyone getting “production emails”. No hate at all, congrats to those. But those day 1 holders are getting screwed.
The $100 reservation did not provide a benefit to those that paid unless Ford can provide a response.
14U, Mastertiger87

Rank VI

Jan 21, 2022

The title is really confusing. Thought Ford had announced something, instead just people asking questions wanting answers, the same as it has been for the last year...sigh. sometimes I can't believe I still get excited for Thursdays, the wait has been so long
john seaman, Bronco 202?

Life is a Highway

Jan 21, 2022

Any chance the OP can put the word “Is“ at the beginning of the thread title?
Bronco 202?, MCBronco777

Rank VI

Jan 21, 2022

I agree but I’m not sure what you mean by “Delta”. I reserved in 10/2020 expecting to buy a dual top and I still very much want that and at the price expected in 2020. Waiting til now with not a word from the dealer or Ford warrants much much better than some Ford swag and an off road test drive.
Been a while since I looked at build and price, and frankly as much time as I spend there agonizing over the trade offs, I am not much interested in going back!

I think the “delta” was $600 ( for the 4D to go from soft to MIC), and I think the soft alone was around $2k, so the “cost” of the hardtop at time of order was soft+delta which was around $2600. But I may be off by a few bits, but close enough?
2021 badlands, 2.3, MT, rapid red, soft top

Rank V

Jan 21, 2022

Remember it’s only been 6 months (26 weeks) in since production began and folks could actually begin taking delivery. There were 120,000 reservations and most of those were probably reserved on week 1. They had built 55,000 by December so yes there are lots of reservation holders waiting just due to sheer numbers not to mention dealer allocation and constraints. Comparison Jeep and most FCA products are showing 20-26 week average lead times so Ford isn’t the only one that is challenged. I think we know based on what we see getting built and scheduled what the constraints are. What we don’t know is what and how dealers managed their orders and allocations. What we do know that obviously many of the large dealers oversold their allocation.
HeyDobby, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Jan 21, 2022

Been a while since I looked at build and price, and frankly as much time as I spend there agonizing over the trade offs, I am not much interested in going back!

I think the “delta” was $600 ( for the 4D to go from soft to MIC), and I think the soft alone was around $2k, so the “cost” of the hardtop at time of order was soft+delta which was around $2600. But I may be off by a few bits, but close enough?
I understand now. Thank you.

Burrito Connoisseur

Jan 21, 2022

The did a live stream with Ford just a few days ago to address a lot of the questions:

Just to save you some time... we didn't really learn anything new that hasn't already been discussed ad nauseam on these forums.

BUT, if you want to watch feel free. If you are interested in something specific... I left timestamps in the YouTube comment section. Look for the overly happy Ice Age squirrel thing. ;)
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
Hobgoblin, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Jan 21, 2022

The title is really confusing. Thought Ford had announced something, instead just people asking questions wanting answers, the same as it has been for the last year...sigh. sometimes I can't believe I still get excited for Thursdays, the wait has been so long
I fixed the title, but hope the result is a positive reaction. Thursdays have been difficult the past year. If we do get an audience maybe Thursday would be a good day assuming they have optimistic news to share.

Rank V

Jan 21, 2022

Any chance the OP can put the word “Is“ at the beginning of the thread title?
Updated
TK1215

Rank V

Jan 21, 2022

Remember it’s only been 6 months (26 weeks) in since production began and folks could actually begin taking delivery. There were 120,000 reservations and most of those were probably reserved on week 1. They had built 55,000 by December so yes there are lots of reservation holders waiting just due to sheer numbers not to mention dealer allocation and constraints. Comparison Jeep and most FCA products are showing 20-26 week average lead times so Ford isn’t the only one that is challenged. I think we know based on what we see getting built and scheduled what the constraints are. What we don’t know is what and how dealers managed their orders and allocations. What we do know that obviously many of the large dealers oversold their allocation.
No. This response doesn’t help.
Bronco 202?, AndreaM

Rank V

Jan 21, 2022

@Ford Motor Company want to answer this one??
Thank you. I’m sure there’s news to share. If they agree please notify BN in an email so we can attend and don’t miss it.