Invite Other Drivers Now

Soupcook
Apr 14, 2021

Rank VI

Apr 14, 2021

OK...I've officially seen 4 professional drivers in the Broncos in 100 videos (maybe that's a stretch). I think it it time to let others drive the Bronco. If Jeep allows drivers to test their Rubicon with the V-8 engine, certainly Ford can let some of us test drive and view their videos. Maybe Lite Brite since I watch them and they ordered a Bronco?
7/14: Outer Banks, Eruption Green, Lux Package, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Roof Rack, Towing Package, HD Modular front bumper, AUX switches
Deano Bronc
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2021

Rank VI

Apr 14, 2021

likely not a good idea until they are heading towards dealers.

all you need is one accident/stuck car and you have a serious corporate problem
Gutter Clown, ResidualGenius

Libations MOD

Apr 14, 2021

agreed and all these are still pre-production models too. So, Id guess that has a baring from their insurance carrier who can and can't drive right now too
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Gutter Clown

Rank VI

Apr 14, 2021

Spoken like a corporate Ford associate...but if Jeep can do it, and the announcements are going out starting tomorrow for the production of Broncos, let's let average Joes drive them. Hell, they will be delivering Broncos in a matter of weeks.
7/14: Outer Banks, Eruption Green, Lux Package, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Roof Rack, Towing Package, HD Modular front bumper, AUX switches

Rank VI

Apr 14, 2021

agreed and all these are still pre-production models too. So, Id guess that has a baring from their insurance carrier who can and can't drive right now too
I'm sure Ford is self-insured. If the Bronco (even pre-production) is so fragile that an average person can't drive it over a pre-determined course (maybe even with a Ford co-pilot), then maybe it isn't as safe and reliable as the new Jeep? Hey, they are going to crush those vehicles in the next few months, I imagine.

Moab or bust!!!

Apr 14, 2021

I'm not so sure this is a insurance type issue. It won't be long before Ford lets some of the ham fisted magazine writers have their turn in them. I've been at Ford events where they let the average Joe autocross a Fiesta ST and Focus ST which is a more of a recipe for disaster than a controlled off-road type course. I wouldn't expect them to let people take on the tough trails at Moab or the Rubicon but something fairly tame should have been acceptable.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.

Libations MOD

Apr 14, 2021

I'm sure Ford is self-insured. If the Bronco (even pre-production) is so fragile that an average person can't drive it over a pre-determined course (maybe even with a Ford co-pilot), then maybe it isn't as safe and reliable as the new Jeep? Hey, they are going to crush those vehicles in the next few months, I imagine.
Self-Insured sure for Health, but WC and liability is mandated by most states and have limitations. WC is one of the worst pieces of insurance.
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending

Home, home on the range

Apr 14, 2021

Isn't that what they're doing at off-rodeo? Letting us learn in their rigs?
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
ResidualGenius

Life is a Highway

Apr 14, 2021

How about this. Give me the keys for a test drive and they can shoot a video of me driving it away and not returning till my first service
SlashRacer, Sdakotabronco

Rank VI

Apr 14, 2021

Self-Insured sure for Health, but WC and liability is mandated by most states and have limitations. WC is one of the worst pieces of insurance.
WC is for employees of the company. Liability insurance would be closer...but, Ford is a big company and should be able to match Jeep.

Rank VI

Apr 14, 2021

How about this. Give me the keys for a test drive and they can shoot a video of me driving it away and not returning till my first service
Great Idea!