Confused about tires - will 35' fit an Outer Banks properly without rubbing while cornering?

Heshion
Apr 19, 2022

Rank 0

Apr 19, 2022

Taking delivery of an Outer Banks, and would like to get any changes lined up ahead of time.
Seeing online articles that say 35's will not fit an Outer Banks due to the crash bars (which I would like to leave in place).
Anyone with knowledgeable input? Would love to hear from you.
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2022

Burrito Connoisseur

Apr 19, 2022

The articles are correct. 35" tires will not fit with the crash bars in place.

Not sure why you don't want to remove the crash bars. BUT—unlike most vehicles where you have to take a plasma torch/cutting wheel to remove them—on the Bronco they are bolt-on.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
Shawn_1121

Rank VI

Apr 19, 2022

If you're worried about crash bars, you can get the big tire crash bars from 4wp

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/2021-...F_N9bD-sAfi1mCCuRzz2ereoMttr--KxoC1joQAvD_BwE
Deano Bronc

Standing Grumpy Face

Apr 19, 2022

I honestly wouldn't worry too much about the crash bars. Ford obviously doesn't with the fact that they are removed on Sasquatch models. But if it's a big concern go with the big tire kit posted above.

And I will say this. I have seen a few cases where 35s will still rub on the inside and required a level. Even with the crash bars removed. There are other variables that come into play. What tire you go with and the offset of the wheel you choose. All tires are not created equal. A tire in the same size by one manufacturer can be bigger or smaller than the same size by a different manufacturer.
Deano Bronc, Norderwurm

Rank V

Apr 19, 2022

There are trims that do not even come with crash bars, easy to remove. 35"rs should fit after. Where you buy your tires should be able test fit them for you.
2022 4dr Badlands~Cyber Orange~MIC Top~Non Sas~2.3l MT~High Package~Roof Rails~Block Heater~Ordered 1/13/22~Build date 11/3~ In production 10/26~Window sticker 10/27~11/3 Blend date~Modules live 11/4~built email 11/6~shipped 11/14~arrived at the dealership 12/13~in the home stall 12/15
Shawn_1121