Introducing Bronco Nation Weekly Q&A *Update*

David
Dec 01, 2020

Rank VI

Dec 01, 2020

*Update*

Hey everyone,

Bronco Nation weekly Q&A is going to be evolving as we move out of the ordering phase and into the production and delivery phases of the Bronco launch. We'll still be doing Q&A with Ford and we'll be taking your questions prior to doing one, but with the release of the final order guide and more and more information being released we think that there's going to be less need for this in the future.

We're here to be a definitive source of Bronco info but a day is soon approaching when that isn't what the community will need, for 2021 Bronco at least. We already have the final order guide, the accessories list, an extensive (though incomplete) photo library, and we'll eventually have the operator manual and a mountain of YouTube videos and articles from across the Bronco internet to feast upon. Forum members have been doing a great job answering questions themselves by referencing the Bronco Order Guide, the Accessories Price List, and other information on this site and elsewhere. This is great and what the way of the future should be.

Bronco Nation staff will still be there for your questions though, just tag me (@David) in a thread if there's something that doesn't seem to have an answer released and I'll see what I can do to get it. Send me a DM if you have any questions about this.
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
ATC Enthusiast, ToddGinGA

Rank V

Dec 01, 2020

Hey everyone,

From time to time, we submit questions to Ford that come from the Bronco Nation community. We don't always get answers and we certainly don't always get the answers that we want but we'd like to get the community more involved in what we're asking. To this point, we've reviewed the conversations in the forums or what has been asked directly to us to find what we ask. We also generally have questions ourselves that we add to the mix.

We'd like to make the Bronco Nation community more directly involved in this. So, here's what we're thinking. We will post a new QA thread each Monday. It will run through Tuesday and we will then compile the questions into a poll for Wednesday. The poll will include ten questions and the top five will advance to Ford on Wednesday night. Friday we'll post the answers that we've received. This will begin next week but never fear, we've already submitted some questions for this week and are waiting for them to come back. We'll also go ahead and post the QA thread for next week so we can get a head start on some of these questions.

We're doing it this way for a couple reasons. First, there are going to be some questions asked that have either already been answered in the forums or have answers that are readily available on the Ford Bronco site. We're going to try and keep those questions out of the final ten for the week. As a community, please answer those questions in the QA thread in a respectful way that acknowledges that not everyone can live and breath Bronco as much as some of us. Second, the Ford team is pretty busy getting Bronco launched and overwhelming them with questions won't be helpful.

Please note, there will be very popular questions that Ford just won't answer. There are probably very sophisticated and highly calibrated communications plans for some of the things that are at the top of everyone's mind for Bronco. Some of these things are certainly going to be answered in official Ford communications, not in a Q&A for an independent enthusiast community.

We look forward to making this a regular part of our community rhythm and we hope that it's helpful. Post questions for next week here.

This is GREAT!
bdawson24, BroncoBoy22

Rank II

Dec 08, 2020

FANTASTIC Idea!! This no lie got me to come back to these forums. I missed y’all haha
gvanroy, TorgSurv

Rank VI

Dec 08, 2020

FANTASTIC Idea!! This no lie got me to come back to these forums. I missed y’all haha
Glad you're back!
Bronco Nation Member #0000
Instagram: bdawson24
BroncoBoy22

Rank VI

Jan 12, 2021

If you get a Badlands non-Sasquatch with the 2.7 and auto is the 4.7 diff still an option or auto instead of the 4.46? It’s showing up in the build and price tool as an option.

Check your original post. We have an answer for you there.
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
hbdcowboys, Bronc96

Rank 0

Jan 18, 2021

Has the Winch blocking the front camera been resolved? Also does it block the High Package front sensing units on the bumper?
2ndGenBroncoOwner, ResidualGenius

Rank 0

Jan 18, 2021

Also the Winch on the Overland build in your video is the 10S with a synthetic rope, but the winch on the build and price tool says it has a galvanized steel rope. Can we get some clarification?
2ndGenBroncoOwner

Rank VI

Jan 18, 2021

Has the Winch blocking the front camera been resolved? Also does it block the High Package front sensing units on the bumper?
Has not been resolved from what I have read or heard, however, does not impact the front sensors located in the bumper from what we have discussed here at BN.
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue

Rank VI

Jan 18, 2021

Also the Winch on the Overland build in your video is the 10S with a synthetic rope, but the winch on the build and price tool says it has a galvanized steel rope. Can we get some clarification?
Another good question, there is only 1 winch listed in the accessories list just released as well.
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
hbdcowboys

Rank 0

Jan 18, 2021

Has not been resolved from what I have read or heard, however, does not impact the front sensors located in the bumper from what we have discussed here at BN.

I tried to find info on that but couldn’t. Can you please provide a link?

Rank VI

Jan 18, 2021

I tried to find info on that but couldn’t. Can you please provide a link?
We discussed some in this thread:
https://community.thebronconation.com/forums/threads/additional-winch-issues.2842/post-34943
Ford also addressed the question during the Horizon Q&A Live Stream Event in November :
https://community.thebronconation.c...-q-a-live-stream-event.2460/page-4#post-28533

Seems like I have also seen a screen shot of what the camera view looks like with the winch and is partially blocked but can't find that. Maybe some of the other members have the link.
ResidualGenius, Deano Bronc

Rank 0

Jan 18, 2021

We discussed some in this thread:
https://community.thebronconation.com/forums/threads/additional-winch-issues.2842/post-34943
Ford also addressed the question during the Horizon Q&A Live Stream Event in November :
https://community.thebronconation.c...-q-a-live-stream-event.2460/page-4#post-28533

Seems like I have also seen a screen shot of what the camera view looks like with the winch and is partially blocked but can't find that. Maybe some of the other members have the link.

Thanks. I saw the screen shot, that’s why I was asking
Bronc96

Rank III

Jan 18, 2021

On Big Bend, Sandstone seated say heated. Error? Forcing Mid-Package? If standalone, how much?

Rank IV

Jan 18, 2021

On Big Bend, Sandstone seated say heated. Error? Forcing Mid-Package? If standalone, how much?

Heated seats are always tied to mid-package. They aren't a standalone option anywhere.
hbdcowboys, Bronc96

Life is a Highway

Jan 18, 2021

The winch from Ford with the steel cable weighs 98 lbs if I remember correctly. The one with the synthetic weighs 72 lbs
2ndGenBroncoOwner, hbdcowboys

Rank III

Feb 04, 2021

@David
So here is my question about security.
I plan to use sport a softtop in the summer and with the Tuffy security lid it looks like the only way to get in the cargo area is to use the swing out rear door. So if the Bronco is locked, what are the ways to unlock the rear door? If I use the key fob apparently, but what if I was just to his the unlock button inside the vehicle? Would that also unlock the doors if the key fob was not in the vicinity?

Rank I

Feb 04, 2021

Is there a singular source for Bronco events? I've submitted my reservation, but would desperately like to see one in person in the near-term.

Edit: Never mind, I found this: https://community.thebronconation.com/event/

Rank 0

Feb 07, 2021

Sasquatch suspension has been said to be very similar to badlands but with a 10mm additional lift/length and a bumpstop limiting travel 10mm. How is that 10mm extra lift achieved? Stiffer spring or ...? This got conflicting answers from Ford and it would be great to have a definitive answer.
Shadowblade

Rank 0

Feb 08, 2021

@David for above question

Rank 0

Feb 19, 2021

@David any update on this question?

Sasquatch suspension has been said to be very similar to badlands but with a 10mm additional lift/length and a bumpstop limiting travel 10mm. How is that 10mm extra lift achieved? Stiffer spring or ...? This got conflicting answers from Ford and it would be great to have a definitive answer.
TheBoss1138, ATC Enthusiast