Indeflate + Viair 450P-RV Gear Testing

BuzzyBud
Mar 21, 2021

Rank VI

Mar 21, 2021

Another recent addition to my Bronco gear collection is the Indeflate. The goal is to use Indeflate with my Viair 450P-RV to inflate the Bronco tires after a trail run. Since Indeflate is new to me, it needed testing. Although Indeflate is not inexpensive, it appears to be well made and is amazingly easy to operate. Once my gear was all set up, it took approximately 5 minutes per pair of tires. (Going from 18psi to 32psi) I am still learning, but the entire process took about 22 minutes. With practice, I may be able to shave off a couple of minutes.

Although I see the advantage of an onboard ARB compressor, this combination seems to get the job done and maybe a keeper.

A couple of additional observations regarding Indeflate.
  • It also works very well in deflating tires. The device has a dump valve for switching to deflate tires. I can see a time when I use my Coyote Deflators to bring the pressure down to 18 psi and potentially use Indeflate to drop down to 15 psi if the situation requires that level of pressure.
  • I also like how each tire within the pair is equal in pressure. Nice.
Indeflate.jpgViair 450P-RV.jpgIndeflate and Viair.jpg
SlashRacer, BroncoPA65
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2021

Rank VI

Mar 21, 2021

Great review Buzzy! I picked up a Viair 300P recently. Need to put it through the paces yet.

Couple of quick questions: 1. Do the Coyote Deflators bring the pressure down to a pre-set level? I am not really familiar with them.
2. Was there a two and four tire set up for the InDeflate? I thought there was but the two and two set up does not sound bad. I like the idea of matching the tires at one time.

Thanks!
Steve777468, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Mar 21, 2021

Great review Buzzy! I picked up a Viair 300P recently. Need to put it through the paces yet.

Couple of quick questions: 1. Do the Coyote Deflators bring the pressure down to a pre-set level? I am not really familiar with them.
2. Was there a two and four tire set up for the InDeflate? I thought there was but the two and two set up does not sound bad. I like the idea of matching the tires at one time.

Thanks!

You can set the Coyote Deflators to a predetermined pressure and change that setting at any future point. Setting the delators is not difficult, but can be time-consuming. The video below will give you a good idea of the process.

Yes, Indeflate does make a 4 hose version. I see the day when I have a two-tire camper trailer and thought the two-hose version would work the best for me. (I bought my gear from Adventure Imports and experienced a lag in delivery time due to the global pandemic.)

Indeflate Four Hose Unit - The World's Easiest Way To Air Up and Down (adventure-imports.com)

SlashRacer, ResidualGenius

Life is a Highway

Mar 21, 2021

You can set the Coyote Deflators to a predetermined pressure and change that setting at any future point. Setting the delators is not difficult, but can be time-consuming. The video below will give you a good idea of the process.

Yes, Indeflate does make a 4 hose version. I see the day when I have a two-tire camper trailer and thought the two-hose version would work the best for me. (I bought my gear from Adventure Imports and experienced a lag in delivery time due to the global pandemic.)

Indeflate Four Hose Unit - The World's Easiest Way To Air Up and Down (adventure-imports.com)

Trailrecon is a good source of information. Solid guy been following him for a while
SlashRacer, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Mar 21, 2021

Thanks for the reviews. Looks like a good setup.
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red
Steve777468, BuzzyBud

Life is a Highway

Mar 21, 2021

I like to follow many different off road enthusiasts, and in particular TrailRecon. He covers all aspects of offroad travelin, whether it is rock crawling, trail driving, mountains, desert, woods, sand or a combo of all. A true proponent of overlanding as a lifestyle. Does great videos on mods, communications, upgrades, equipment and rig set ups. Throw in some serious offroad trailers and those set ups and it is gonna really help me with Exactly the type of traveling I am looking for. Granted he is an online entity, so he has the luxury of having gear and mods and such provided for his review and testing. ;)
Steve777468, Deano Bronc

Home, home on the range

Mar 22, 2021

Another recent addition to my Bronco gear collection is the Indeflate. The goal is to use Indeflate with my Viair 450P-RV to inflate the Bronco tires after a trail run. Since Indeflate is new to me, it needed testing. Although Indeflate is not inexpensive, it appears to be well made and is amazingly easy to operate. Once my gear was all set up, it took approximately 5 minutes per pair of tires. (Going from 18psi to 32psi) I am still learning, but the entire process took about 22 minutes. With practice, I may be able to shave off a couple of minutes.

Although I see the advantage of an onboard ARB compressor, this combination seems to get the job done and maybe a keeper.

A couple of additional observations regarding Indeflate.
  • It also works very well in deflating tires. The device has a dump valve for switching to deflate tires. I can see a time when I use my Coyote Deflators to bring the pressure down to 18 psi and potentially use Indeflate to drop down to 15 psi if the situation requires that level of pressure.
  • I also like how each tire within the pair is equal in pressure. Nice.
View attachment 10334View attachment 10335View attachment 10336
You should be the offical product tester for the Nation! Excellent reviews, very detailed posts, and well written. I look forward to reading your posts and finding out what you're going to do next!
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
BuzzyBud, TorgSurv

Rank VI

Mar 22, 2021

Another excellent review, thanks Buzzy! (y)
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
BuzzyBud, TorgSurv