In the planning stages right now........

jbp-ohio
Dec 06, 2021

Rank II

Dec 06, 2021

I haven't pulled the trigger yet on a new Bronco. Just planning now. Want to see what's what.

Dealer near me has ALMOST what I want (it 's a 4 door and I want two door). A carbonized grey base model with with Big Bend rims and BFG T/A's. Curious to find out if you can get remote start on a Base? Difficult to add the Ford remote start? And is there an aftermarket rear limited slip diff? I think the 3.73's are good. They want to add the 4.7's with a locker......
1Five1 Garage
Last edited by a moderator: Dec 06, 2021

Rank III

Dec 06, 2021

I haven't pulled the trigger yet on a new Bronco. Just planning now. Want to see what's what.

Dealer near me has ALMOST what I want (it 's a 4 door and I want two door). A carbonized grey base model with with Big Bend rims and BFG T/A's. Curious to find out if you can get remote start on a Base? Difficult to add the Ford remote start? And is there an aftermarket rear limited slip diff? I think the 3.73's are good. They want to add the 4.7's with a locker......

Remote start not a factory option on base, not sure about difficulty to add OEM after. How much is your dealer asking for that base? Any pics?

Rank II

Dec 06, 2021

Remote start not a factory option on base, not sure about difficulty to add OEM after. How much is your dealer asking for that base? Any pics?

$34,900

Screenshot_20211205-214558_Gallery.jpg

Rank IV

Dec 06, 2021

$34,000

View attachment 23147

Is that a matte wrap they put on it?

Rank II

Dec 06, 2021

Yep. Shadow Black underneath..... This is what I want exactly. Just a 2 door hardtop...... with remote start..... and rear limited slip.

Rank VI

Dec 06, 2021

Yep. Shadow Black underneath..... This is what I want exactly. Just a 2 door hardtop...... with remote start..... and rear limited slip.

Remote start on the remote is not there on base but you can start it from the app for free.
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.
Bschurr

Rank II

Dec 06, 2021

Remote start on the remote is not there on base but you can start it from the app for free.
Can the dealer program a key then?

Rank VI

Dec 06, 2021

Can the dealer program a key then?

I'm sure you could have the dealer add remote start but would need a new fob. The cheaper route is use your phone which also works any distance unlike the remote. It's relatively fast in response too

Burrito Connoisseur

Dec 06, 2021

Bronco doesn't come with a rear limited slip. You either get an open diff or you get rear lockers, there isn't a limited slip option.

And do @DRWright's point... I believe all automatic transmission Broncos come with remote start via the Ford Sync app. The downside is it is somewhat slow and requires AT&T cell service. But it's free.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon

Rank II

Dec 06, 2021

I'm sure you could have the dealer add remote start but would need a new fob. The cheaper route is use your phone which also works any distance unlike the remote. It's relatively fast in response too
My wifes Range Rover has that. Doesn't work for crap where we live.... in the Boonies

Rank II

Dec 06, 2021

Bronco doesn't come with a rear limited slip. You either get an open diff or you get rear lockers, there isn't a limited slip option.

And do @DRWright's point... I believe all automatic transmission Broncos come with remote start via the Ford Sync app. The downside is it is somewhat slow and requires AT&T cell service. But it's free.
The locker also only comes with the 4.7 gears. I'd rather keep the 3.73's

Rank VI

Dec 06, 2021

The response from my Ford pass is about 15 seconds. Time I wouldn't care about if I wanted to start my vehicle leaving a store. Also you can schedule starts on the app. Like if you go to work at a certain time it can start and warm up for you

Burrito Connoisseur

Dec 06, 2021

The locker also only comes with the 4.7 gears. I'd rather keep the 3.73's
Yeah that's fine if you want to keep the 3.73 axle. Just be aware that the 3.73 axle doesn't come a limited slip differential. It's a completely open differential, and there is no limited slip option.

Also you can get a locker on a 4.27, 4.46, and 4.7 axle. Not sure how important the 3.73 axle is to you, but 4.27 with a locker may be a good middle ground. Obviously doesn't really help you in this exact situation though.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
DRWright

Rank II

Dec 06, 2021

Yeah that's fine if you want to keep the 3.73 axle. Just be aware that the 3.73 axle doesn't come a limited slip differential. It's a completely open differential, and there is no limited slip option.

Also you can get a locker on a 4.27, 4.46, and 4.7 axle. Not sure how important the 3.73 axle is to you, but 4.27 with a locker may be a good middle ground. Obviously doesn't really help you in this exact situation though.

4.27 isn't bad. 4.7 is a bit much for 32" tires. Don't see 4.27 available on a base. If the rear Dana is the same as a Wrangler, should be plenty of limited slip options after market.

Rank III

Dec 06, 2021

I've got the 4.27 on my OBX.
2023 Bronco 4Dr Wildtrak

Rank II

Dec 07, 2021

The window sticker was laying in backseat..... I stopped there today...... all are MSRP +++++

Rank III

Dec 07, 2021

The window sticker was laying in backseat..... I stopped there today...... all are MSRP +++++
What dealership is this? Just curious what the asking price is.

Rank II

Dec 11, 2021

Placed an order for a black base 2 door. Only option was 10 speed automatic. Should only take a month or.......... twelve