In production 6/22, delivery 10/31?

LargeLeon
Jun 28, 2021

Rank 0

Jun 28, 2021

Ordered a Badlands on March 9. It Went into production on 6/22. The current estimated delivery is 10/31.
I really hope it doesn't take four months to deliver.
Can't wait to get it dirty.
Speed Devil, OD3SSA10
Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2021

Rank 0

Jun 30, 2021

Same here, ordered on 3/17, status changed to In Production on 6/21, and now estimated delivery is 10/31.

I understand the chip shortage is affecting a lot of Ford stuff but I wish they would be better about communicating it. 7 months is too long to build a mainstream vehicle. At this point I wonder if it's better to cancel my order and either wait for the MY 2022 Sports to come out or to get a different vehicle altogether.

I'm also happy some people are finding a few starting to show up at dealer lots but I'm also a little upset Ford isn't fulfilling current orders before shipping out unclaimed ones to dealers.

Here's hoping the 10/31 date is a big overestimation and they show up much earlier...
megdavis, Mdeamon

Gladesmen

Jun 30, 2021

I think there are some Production 6/22 that have already been delivered. So you guys might be close.

Im a reserved on 7/30/20 converted to order on 1/22/21 and I have no build date yet. I would not cancel any order that has a production date.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
LR48, Sdakotabronco

Rank 0

Jul 01, 2021

Hope you're right Jakob! Also did a little investigating and I couldn't find a single Badlands model that has the brown leather interior that I ordered on my unit, every Badlands trim I could find has the blue trim. I wonder if Ford's having an issue getting some interior parts...

@LargeLeon and anyone else with a BS in Badlands trim, can you post back if you get any movement on your order?

Rank 0

Jul 01, 2021

Hope you're right Jakob! Also did a little investigating and I couldn't find a single Badlands model that has the brown leather interior that I ordered on my unit, every Badlands trim I could find has the blue trim. I wonder if Ford's having an issue getting some interior parts...

@LargeLeon and anyone else with a BS in Badlands trim, can you post back if you get any movement on your order?

Sticks918 that is interesting. I have the brown interior. Yes, i will keep this thread updated if there is any change in order status. As of now, it's in production.

Rank 0

Jul 08, 2021

I've got a BL without the BL package and active orange interior. Was built 6/14 but ship date says 10/31. Missing the RCM module due to chip shortage.

Rank 0

Jul 08, 2021

Good info Rick. How do you know it's the RCM module?
srick76

Rank V

Jul 08, 2021

I think the 10/31 date is just a BS date they put in there.
Bronco Badlands, Bronco Black Diamond, Bronco Big Bend, & Bronco Sport Badlands
www.youtube.com/1five1garage
srick76

Rank VI

Jul 08, 2021

Good info Rick. How do you know it's the RCM module?
I second that..how do you know it's the RCM?

Rank IV

Jul 08, 2021

I was a Little late to the party! Got my reservation in 3/18/21 does any member think I have a chance of getting a bronco this year ???
Dweetybyrd

Rank 0

Jul 08, 2021

I second that..how do you know it's the RCM?

Go here and input your VIN: https://www-etisorigin.app.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do
Then click "View PTI information"
Under the "PTI related Electronic Control Units Installed on this VIN" section expand the section and it shows control units installed. Only the RCM module is blank on mine.
sticks918, BC33

Rank VI

Jul 08, 2021

Go here and input your VIN: https://www-etisorigin.app.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do
Then click "View PTI information"
Under the "PTI related Electronic Control Units Installed on this VIN" section expand the section and it shows control units installed. Only the RCM module is blank on mine.
Wow interesting never heard or saw this before. Cool

Rank 0

Jul 09, 2021

So my order now has changed from 10/31 to 11/3 delivery!
Sdakotabronco, nic

Rank 0

Jul 13, 2021

Hi

Our Badlands looks like it was built on 6/17 and is waiting for the RCM (airbag control) gizmo as well. Delivery has been at 10/31 for a while now

Bob

Rank III

Jul 13, 2021

I was a Little late to the party! Got my reservation in 3/18/21 does any member think I have a chance of getting a bronco this year ???
I don’t think you have any chance at all of getting this year

Rank V

Jul 14, 2021

Ordered a Badlands on March 9. It Went into production on 6/22. The current estimated delivery is 10/31.
I really hope it doesn't take four months to deliver.
Can't wait to get it dirty.
The Badlands sport i'm waiting for has the chip hold til 10/31

Yesterday called several dealerships just checking inventories. 4 dealerships said nothing in the past 2-3 weeks. Nothing in transit.

One dealership said two arrived but were unconfirmed.

Two weeks ago a dealership had a Badlands special order for sale.
I was shocked and happy to see a Badlands appear.
Too bad it was a color i dont want.
Still glad to know it showed up at this point!
srick76

Rank II

Jul 16, 2021

Called Ford Motor Company customer service today, to get more info about my Bronco (which has been listed as 'in production' since June.)
Their CSR has no more information than their shitty website.

"It says it's in production sir"

Yes, it's said that for 3 weeks...

"There's still no delivery date listed"

I know, that's why I called you...

"Well, um..."

I thanked her and hung up before I berated her for something that was not her fault.
But I wish Ford would get their shit together and be more forthcoming with information. I understand delays post-covid, but radio silence is killing their customer relationships...

Rank VI

Jul 19, 2021

Called Ford Motor Company customer service today, to get more info about my Bronco (which has been listed as 'in production' since June.)
Their CSR has no more information than their shitty website.

"It says it's in production sir"

Yes, it's said that for 3 weeks...

"There's still no delivery date listed"

I know, that's why I called you...

"Well, um..."

I thanked her and hung up before I berated her for something that was not her fault.
But I wish Ford would get their shit together and be more forthcoming with information. I understand delays post-covid, but radio silence is killing their customer relationships...
Mine was like that too. Was in production almost 2 weeks. I knew it was done due to a chat I was having with someone at the factory. I got the built notice and then waited another 2 weeks for it to arrive. Be patient, it will finally get there lol.

Rank VI

Jul 19, 2021

I have a BS Badlands with badlands package in cactus grey with the brown leather interior. I bought it from a dealer who had a canceled order.
2021 4 door Badlands Sasquatch, Rapid red. 2.7, high package. Reserved on 07-19-2020, ordered 01-20-2021, delivered 12-05-2021

Rank II

Jul 19, 2021

Friend messaged me with this:

"Sorry—posted this as a comment but deleted this because Ford was tagged and I’d like to keep my job.

They have a terribly antiquated ordering system. Not to mention that dealers are ordering for fake “clients” just to boost their vehicle allocation on lot during this chip shortage.

With a terrible logistical system that is not exactly first-come-first-serve, the combination is a disaster for real clients waiting on their orders."