Jul 19, 2021

I've been pestering all the dealers near me to see if they have one on the lot yet. A salesman called me today to say they had a 7 speed Badlands in. They were undressing it and it would be ready soon. My wife and I drove the 40 minutes and got to be the first to test drive it. Whoohoo! They even shot a short testimonial with me afterwards because I was so pumped. They said I was their target demographic, coming from a Jeep.

Stunning in person. Wow.
I got to sit in one before, but only for a minute. I was surprised how much I had to put the seat forward to reach the clutch. lol I'm 6'2. I liked the leather seats, but don't need them.
I haven't driven a clutch in 5 years, the last one was a 2016 WRX, and it was a struggle to start from zero smoothly. I was nervous just barely, not wanting to look like an amateur. Turned out that it was really easy and I had no issues getting used to it right away. It has a pretty short throw for a truck!
I'm still getting the 2.7, but I can testify that the 2.3 was able to accelerate and pass at 70 going up a pretty steep hill. Never saw 7th gear. 83 felt like 60. I was surprised we were going that fast.
It has some sway, but is still so smooth around corners.
I was amazed at how quiet it was in the cabin at speed. Soft top even. I'm used to my Jeep's top flapping and drowning out the music pretty much.

Did no get to play with anything 4wd. Did not get to crank the B&O, forgot. doh.

Now I wait with even more anticipation.

image1.jpegimage2.jpeg
"Just because you don't understand it don't mean it don't make no sense."
KennyMac, MDHODGES77
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2021