How to Take the End Caps Off the Bronco Heavy Duty Modular Front Bumper

David
Dec 11, 2020

Rank VI

Dec 11, 2020

The Ford Performance Heavy Duty Modular Front Bumper could produce several How-To videos just in and of itself. This week though, we have a short walkthrough of removing the endcaps for some extra clearance while you're on the trail. It's really easy, so this video is really short.

Our goal with our How-To videos is that they are helpful, first and foremost. So, while you might want longer videos that cover more subjects right now, we're going with videos about specific subjects that don't require you to sit through subjects that you don't need in that moment. At some point, Broncos will be in our driveways and people will be looking for how-to content to accomplish a specific task. That's what we're going for here.

Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
SlashRacer, Hobgoblin
Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2020

Rank VI

Dec 11, 2020

The Ford Performance Heavy Duty Modular Front Bumper could produce several How-To videos just in and of itself. This week though, we have a short walkthrough of removing the endcaps for some extra clearance while you're on the trail. It's really easy, so this video is really short.

Our goal with our How-To videos is that they are helpful, first and foremost. So, while you might want longer videos that cover more subjects right now, we're going with videos about specific subjects that don't require you to sit through subjects that you don't need in that moment. At some point, Broncos will be in our driveways and people will be looking for how-to content to accomplish a specific task. That's what we're going for here.

Great idea, thank you!
Maybe at some point, the online owner's manual will be ready and the section/page can be included in the material you prepare?
bdawson24, D190065

Rank VI

Dec 11, 2020

Could be, however, as an accessory, this might not be in the owner’s manual. Might have it’s own manual though.
bdawson24, Cooppierce

Rank 0

Dec 11, 2020

Where is this video to which you refer?

Rank VI

Dec 11, 2020

Where is this video to which you refer?
It will will be going live tonight. We're uploading and scheduling it soon. Once it's up we'll provide a link from here.
bdawson24, Cooppierce

Rank VI

Dec 12, 2020

Cap on and Cap off (Curtesy of Utah.Bronco):
Cap on and cap off.jpg
bdawson24, D190065

Rank VI

Dec 12, 2020

While we're on the front end, there were some questions about the tow points for the Bronco. Here's where they are, as recommended by Ford.
Bronc Tow points.jpg
bdawson24, D190065

Rank VI

Dec 12, 2020

Could be, however, as an accessory, this might not be in the owner’s manual. Might have it’s own manual though.

David,

Any chance we might be able to get our eyes on the Owner’s Manual before we get our Bronco?
2021 4-door; Adv. 4x4; 2.3L; 10spd Auto; Area 51; Black Diamond; Mid pkg; door bags.
BuzzyBud, Bronc96

Rank V

Dec 12, 2020

While we're on the front end, there were some questions about the tow points for the Bronco. Here's where they are, as recommended by Ford.
View attachment 6345
Is there some more info on the capable bumper forthcoming?

Rank VI

Dec 12, 2020

Looks very easy. But what do the 2 end bolts go into? It does not look like anything is there for them to bolt onto. Is there a bracket there that was not shown?
2022 Bronco BadSquatch, 1974 Bronco Ranger, 1976 Bronco Crawler, 1978 Bronco Custom
BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Dec 12, 2020

Love the vids! Very interested in the "modularity", as Ford calls it, of the front bumper. Would love to see all the configuration for accessory attachment options we will have. @David, have you heard how thick the steel is on the front bumper? Was just curious how robust it was to take off road abuse.
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
bdawson24, BuzzyBud

Moab or bust!!!

Dec 12, 2020

I would think the aftermarket will have a field day with that especially with auxiliary lighting.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
SlashRacer, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Dec 12, 2020

I would think the aftermarket will have a field day with that especially with auxiliary lighting.
Indeed, it will be exciting to see what they come up with!
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
SlashRacer, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Dec 12, 2020

I almost just want to ride without these. Kind of like the look without.
Raptor w/ lux package, orange belts. Code Orange.
BN #306
SlashRacer, Hobgoblin

Rank VI

Dec 12, 2020

So, what size bit do I need to spin these bolts?

Rank VI

Dec 12, 2020

So, what size bit do I need to spin these bolts?
We note in the video that you need a T30 Torx Bit for these Bronco bolts.
HoosierDaddy, SlashRacer

Rank VI

Dec 12, 2020

Looks very easy. But what do the 2 end bolts go into? It does not look like anything is there for them to bolt onto. Is there a bracket there that was not shown?
This is a very good question. Those might not be required to take it off.
gibsBRonCO, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Dec 12, 2020

This is a very good question. Those might not be required to take it off.
Maybe they are accessory attachment points.
2022 Bronco BadSquatch, 1974 Bronco Ranger, 1976 Bronco Crawler, 1978 Bronco Custom

Rank V

Dec 12, 2020

I believe the 2 end bolts screw into a part inside the bumper end plate that pinches to the top bumper piece that remains. I should have covered that better in the video, but in the picture below you can see where the two screws would go, there is a thicker piece in the middle. *I think* (it's been a couple days since I did it) that when those two side bolts are tightened, it secures the end plate to the top piece of the bumper.

Attachments

SlashRacer, Bronc96

Rank III

Dec 12, 2020

View attachment 6345

To confirm these are the D rings on the “Capable” front bumper and this is where Ford is recommended attaching for FLAT towing the Bronco?