How to Remove the Doors on Your 2021 Ford Bronco

David
Dec 18, 2020

Rank VI

Dec 18, 2020

The time has come. Tonight at 7PM, the doors come off. Grab your 13mm hex socket and make sure you lift with your legs, not with your back. Oh, a flannel shirt will help too, we don't really have all the "science" worked out on it but Jon swears flannel makes it easier. ;)

Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Copey23, Gutter Clown

Rank VI

Dec 18, 2020

Thank God it’s not a 10mm. I lost that socket ages ago......

looking forward to it!
Jakob1972, Deano Bronc

Moab or bust!!!

Dec 18, 2020

FarawayCrispIvorybackedwoodswallow-max-1mb.gif
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
JFord, Jakob1972

Rank VI

Dec 18, 2020

Been waiting for this one! I can't wait!

It's a good thing I plan on keeping my doors on in the summer. Flannel + PHX summer = spontaneous human combustion!
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
JFord, Jakob1972

Rank VI

Dec 18, 2020

I'm going to talk to the merch team about some Bronco Nation flannel. I think we just have to own it at this point.
WoolyGoat, Timothy

Rank VI

Dec 18, 2020

In the video, Jon talks about the door bags. We thought we'd give you a closer look at these since they're kinda cool. Putting them in the back is a little more involved than just throwing them back there. There's a harness for doing it but there's very detailed instructions on how to hook up the harness. Also, the bags tell you which door goes in that bag and where that door falls in the order for storing it in the back. The QR codes currently go to the Bronco manifesto video, but they might change for production.

There's a harness that keeps them all secured when they're in the back.
Door Bag Harness.jpg
Driver's Side Front Door Bag:
Door Bag Front Drivers Side.jpg
Driver's Side Rear Door Bag:
Door Bag Rear Drivers Side.jpg
Passenger's Side Front Door Bag:
Door Bag Front Passenger Side.jpg
Passenger's Side Rear Door Bag:
Door Bag Rear Passenger Side.jpg
Gutter Clown, DeepCreek

Rank VI

Dec 18, 2020

In the video, Jon talks about the door bags. We thought we'd give you a closer look at these since they're kinda cool. Putting them in the back is a little more involved than just throwing them back there. There's a harness for doing it but there's very detailed instructions on how to hook up the harness. Also, the bags tell you which door goes in that bag and where that door falls in the order for storing it in the back. The QR codes currently go to the Bronco manifesto video, but they might change for production.

View attachment 6556
View attachment 6559
View attachment 6560
View attachment 6557
View attachment 6558

Are these doors included in the purchase? Don’t see them in the B&P.
2021 4-door; Adv. 4x4; 2.3L; 10spd Auto; Area 51; Black Diamond; Mid pkg; door bags.
bronco11

Rank VI

Dec 18, 2020

I'm going to talk to the merch team about some Bronco Nation flannel. I think we just have to own it at this point.

Here in New England, we love our "Wicked Good" flannel shirts from LL Bean. OMG, I am wearing one now!

Flannel.jpg
DeepCreek, bdawson24

Rank V

Dec 18, 2020

When did Ford switch to metric?

Rank VI

Dec 19, 2020

Great video. Outstanding flannel shirt!
bdawson24, Jakob1972

Rank VI

Dec 19, 2020

David,

They should have made the storage order both front doors and then the rear doors. A driver might want to remove only the front doors, but not likely just the rear doors leaving front doors on.
2021 4-door; Adv. 4x4; 2.3L; 10spd Auto; Area 51; Black Diamond; Mid pkg; door bags.
WoolyGoat, Hobgoblin

Rank II

Dec 19, 2020

View attachment 6556
View attachment 6559
View attachment 6560
View attachment 6557
View attachment 6558
So,,,, When/If the slide out tailgate is available, how will that affect stashing the doors in the back? Hate to buy the bags, get the later available slide out and then not be able to stash the doors.

Rank VI

Dec 19, 2020

David,

They should have made the storage order both front doors and then the rear doors. A driver might want to remove only the front doors, but not likely just the rear doors leaving front doors on.

We know that this is a supported configuration for the front doors. The harness system can take just the front doors and still keep them secured in the back. Would have to confirm for the rear doors.
nic, RonM0710

Rank VI

Dec 19, 2020

So,,,, When/If the slide out tailgate is available, how will that affect stashing the doors in the back? Hate to buy the bags, get the later available slide out and then not be able to stash the doors.
We haven't tested it but I would doubt it. It's a tight fit vertically and probably can't take the extra ~4".
nic, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Dec 19, 2020

Thanks @David! Love the vids...keep'em coming! (y)
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
bdawson24

Rank VI

Dec 19, 2020

Here in New England, we love our "Wicked Good" flannel shirts from LL Bean. OMG, I am wearing one now!

View attachment 6562
Yep, good stuff. Their duck boots are excellent as well! :)
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
bdawson24, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Dec 19, 2020

There now truly need to be official Off Rodeo flannel shirts for those who attend. Maybe different patterns for each site?
bdawson24, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Dec 19, 2020

Anyone having early 90s flashbacks with all this talk of flannel?? Think I have an urge to listen to a little Pearl Jam this evening! :ROFLMAO:
Hobgoblin, BuzzyBud

Moab or bust!!!

Dec 19, 2020

I've got questions about the bag itself. Are they washable? Putting the bags over a dirty door is not going to be a good thing if you never clean the inside if the bag. I can see the dirt getting ground into the paint.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
jd-ford-hd, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Dec 19, 2020

When did Ford switch to metric?
In the 90s