How much for a complete, non-runner?

Commodore
Aug 14, 2020

Rank VI

Aug 14, 2020

Got a chance at 2. One is an 86. The other is an 87.
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2020

Rank VI

Aug 14, 2020

It is all about the rust.

Rust free, decent interior, decent tires, non-runner 2,000 to 4,000. depending on receipts provided for repairs completed.
Rust bucket $500 to $1,000

You can score a decent running... rust free... bullnose in Arizona for about $5000 to $8,000. Couple grand to ship.... and you have a solid base to build on. If you drop 3,000 on a rust bucket plan on doing another 3,000 in rust repair to keep it from turning to dust. At 6,000 you just fixed the body rust and more than likely every bolt is rusted. Every part you pull will be a nightmare. The Arizona Bronco will save you blood, sweat, and tears in the long run.

Unless you are an experienced restoration expert and plan on doing a frame off... but then we would be asking you.

If you just plan to trail drive the hell out of it until it falls apart... then go for it. Parts are cheap and readily available. Maybe use it for a learning experience and don't sink too much into her... while you save for a rust free restoration queen.

The 1986 is a bullnose and non-EFI. I actually think the bullnose are the best and the 1986 is the best year for bullnose.
The 1987 is the first year of EFI and a brick nose... and it has the issues of a first production run.
ExploreAZ, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Aug 14, 2020

Thanks Paul

That is the best explanation I’ve ever seen.

You’ve answered all my questions, all of them!

Rank VI

Aug 14, 2020

Thanks Paul

That is the best explanation I’ve ever seen.

You’ve answered all my questions, all of them!

I actually screwed this up. I did not look at where this was posted and the information above is for a Full size Broncos and not the BII. I do not believe the body style ever changed on the Bronco 2 so the whole bullnose and brick nose is irrelevant. Prices are probably a little high for a Bronco 2 compared to a Full size. Since you already have a 1996 full size this will probably be a project.. try and get a decent starter. Don't worry too much about the motor and transmission... because they are toast... or soon will be. You can get a explorer very cheap at a yard and the 4.0l is a great upgrade.... and very reliable.
Commodore

Rank VI

Aug 14, 2020

I actually screwed this up. I did not look at where this was posted and the information above is for a Full size Broncos and not the BII. I do not believe the body style ever changed on the Bronco 2 so the whole bullnose and brick nose is irrelevant. Prices are probably a little high for a Bronco 2 compared to a Full size. Since you already have a 1996 full size this will probably be a project.. try and get a decent starter. Don't worry too much about the motor and transmission... because they are toast... or soon will be. You can get a explorer very cheap at a yard and the 4.0l is a great upgrade.... and very reliable.
Thanks Paul
The bullnose part just went over my head!

I am now focusing on a rust-free example, FIRST!

Rank I

Aug 23, 2020

I got my bronco ii for 500 it’s rust free and pretty clean needed paint and some interior work and it didn’t run
Commodore

Rank I

Aug 23, 2020

there is a running and driving one in rust free shape for 1,750 in my area
Commodore

Rank VI

Aug 23, 2020

Also the 2021 has increased demand for the earlier models.
Build week of 7/26....still....no its 8/16 now
Commodore

Rank VI

Aug 23, 2020

Also the 2021 has increased demand for the earlier models.
For sure!
Bronco II is now collectible
Fstfrd00, Big Mike