How many are left?

Commodore
Oct 23, 2020

Rank VI

Oct 23, 2020

Anybody got an idea of how many Gen1 vehicles are on the road? I used to be able to find parts in junkyards. There are no longer even any old hulks around.
tasker, Jhastin4567
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2020

Rank VI

Oct 23, 2020

Anybody got an idea of how many Gen1 vehicles are on the road? I used to be able to find parts in junkyards. There are no longer even any old hulks around.
I don't know how many but I do know the ones that are in good shape are worth their weight in gold. Ive been offered 50k for my 66 and wouldn’t think of taking it.
Cooknn, SlashRacer

Rank VI

Oct 23, 2020

HAVE a good line on a few as well as some parts myself...
Have (2) 73 Broncos as well as a 2 door manual shift Velocity Blue Sasquatch in da house!!
Commodore

Rank V

Oct 24, 2020

225000 roughly were made total from 65-77. Not sure if this will hold true for all, but I've been collecting 66 u13 vins for a year now almost. I'm up to 417 and there were 4090 built. So about 10% if we were going by that info.
2D BL, Sas, 2.7l, High, Silver 10:22pm 7/13/20 Res, 1/31 2/7 2/14 2/28 3/7 build dates
built 3/11/22, delivered 4/16/22
Commodore

Rank 0

Nov 16, 2020

I have one pared in my garage, so at least one. Though I have the drivers Kick panel and rockers removed at the moment and a set of replacement front fenders that need to get put on when I am done with the Michigan rust repairs.
ATC Enthusiast, Commodore

Rank VI

Nov 16, 2020

Anyone got pics?
Bronco Nation Member #0000
Instagram: bdawson24
Commodore

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Nov 16, 2020

Slim pickins for something worth while. I had been looking for one for a long time and gave up. Got desperate and tried to buy a Series 3 Land Rover, fortunately I came to my senses.
Black&Blue, Commodore

Rank V

Dec 05, 2020

Pure accident I ended up with mine over 20 years ago... was down range when a buddy emailed me from Idaho he needed a new home for his 73... did some work on it from time to time until last summer the big upgrades happened , new drive train, went from C4 to Ax-15, full cage and the engine was pulled with a Blue Print 304 going back in with Sniper/Hyperspark system. Went body off to clean up the engine bay and frame, axels ect... The body is mostly original, so at some point will need to finish going through it, but is 90% sound as original with a floor pan repair on the drivers side; Herculined the inside of the tub and engine bay. Have spotted two Gen 1's in yards around here in NM and have pondered seeing if they would sell.
Bronc96, TorgSurv

Rank VI

Dec 05, 2020

Slim pickins for something worth while. I had been looking for one for a long time and gave up. Got desperate and tried to buy a Series 3 Land Rover, fortunately I came to my senses.
:giggle:
Bronco Nation Member #0000
Instagram: bdawson24
Commodore

Official unofficial BN Photographer

Dec 05, 2020

saw this one sitting in a driveway while I was out walking the dogs this morning... and guess what, it had a metallic gray roof, oh, the horror LMAO tempImageS3vqJz.jpgtempImagesYJj5i.jpgtempImageDswWn5.jpg

Attachments

Reservation: 7/20/20 | MY '21 order: 2/1/21 | MY '22 order: 10/22/21 | Blend 8/5, built 8/8, 'built' status 8/27, in my driveway 10/12/22
Auto Photographer in Sacramento CA:
www.instagram.com/photographybymarkbrooks
Whatheheck, BroncoPA65

Rank V

Dec 06, 2020

Very nice restoration! Nothing color correct about it but very clean. Hmmm, fancy chrome trim on top's windows and those are even (incorrectly) tinted... but hey, it is a custom ride! and... nice drip tray
Always something!!!
Commodore

Official unofficial BN Photographer

Dec 06, 2020

it's Sacramento - it gets as hot as the surface of the sun here in the summer (110 is not unusual in the summer), so window tint is required. it's the first thing I have done to every car I buy if it's not already tinted ... drip tray: it's marking it's territory
Reservation: 7/20/20 | MY '21 order: 2/1/21 | MY '22 order: 10/22/21 | Blend 8/5, built 8/8, 'built' status 8/27, in my driveway 10/12/22
Auto Photographer in Sacramento CA:
www.instagram.com/photographybymarkbrooks
Commodore, Black&Blue

Rank V

Dec 06, 2020

it's Sacramento - it gets as hot as the surface of the sun here in the summer (110 is not unusual in the summer), so window tint is required. it's the first thing I have done to every car I buy if it's not already tinted ... drip tray: it's marking it's territory
RIGHT!!! finally got mine to stop that habit with aircraft grade sealant on the Dana 20!
Calgecko, TorgSurv

Rank VI

Dec 06, 2020

Fab 40s area? Looks like it.

I think it is a nice look. Thanks for sharing.
Calgecko, Commodore

Rank VI

Dec 06, 2020

saw this one sitting in a driveway while I was out walking the dogs this morning... and guess what, it had a metallic gray roof, oh, the horror LMAO View attachment 6154View attachment 6155View attachment 6156
Black Tag!
They’ve had it a while!?!!
Hobgoblin

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Dec 08, 2020

Black Tag!
They’ve had it a while!?!!
Naw, CA has started selling the black & yellows again as special interest plates.
Screenshot_20201207-230651_Chrome.jpg
Hobgoblin, tasker

Rank VI

Dec 08, 2020

Naw, CA has started selling the black & yellows again as special interest plates.
View attachment 6229
Cool!
Finally, a reason to move to California...
TorgSurv, bdawson24

Rank XII

Jul 06, 2021

The Exhaustive Listing: The Top 5 Reasons To Move to California
1. A plethora of National Parks
2. They still let @Calgecko walk his dog and take pictures of a nice EB
3. Black & yellow license plates
4. Yellow & black licence plates
5. Black license plates with yellow digits
Commodore, Calgecko

Rank XXXXXXVVVVVIIII

Nov 30, 2021

saw this one sitting in a driveway while I was out walking the dogs this morning... and guess what, it had a metallic gray roof, oh, the horror LMAO View attachment 6154View attachment 6155View attachment 6156
gorgeous Bronco!
Calgecko

Rank VI

Nov 30, 2021

That is a hot vehicle!
Wildtrak, hot pepper red, mic, Lux, tow...Totally worth it!!
Calgecko