How longs the wait on 2022 Sport?

FobGoblin
Jul 02, 2022

Rank 0

Jul 02, 2022

I ordered my Bronco Sport 07JUN22, I was called by another dealership (not the one I ordered from) and that dealer told me the order banks were closed (don't know what that means). This is the first time I've ordered a vehicle and the only thing I have gotten so far is an email saying it was confirmed, anybody help with more info?
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 02, 2022

Burrito Connoisseur

Jul 02, 2022

Late summer into fall is when Ford typically switches model years. Before the switch, Ford will often close down order banks for the existing model year so people cannot place orders for vehicles that ultimately won't be built.

In the case of Bronco Sport, Ford shut down the 2022 Bronco Sport order banks a few weeks ago, meaning it is no longer possible to order a 2022 Bronco Sport. The 2023 Bronco Sport order banks will open early August (next month). Production for 2022 Bronco Sport ends the week of October 17th, with 2023 production starting on October 24th.

If you got an email saying that it was confirmed, that means your 2022 order has been submitted and is waiting to be scheduled. In the next few months, you should be getting an email from Ford that informs you what production week your vehicle is scheduled for. Shortly after that you will get a VIN number assigned for your vehicle, which will be provided to your dealer. Once you get a VIN number, your vehicle is "locked in" and your order can no longer be modified. And then about a week before your scheduled build week a window sticker will be generated for your vehicle. That window sticker will provide you with your blend date—which is effectively the date of final assembly, or the date the various components are "blended" together to complete you vehicle. Once your vehicle is built and released from the assembly plant, it'll be placed on a train and transported from Mexico to your dealer—typically takes 2-8 weeks for shipping, depending how close your dealer is to a major rail terminal, how backed up the entire logistic network is at that point in time, etc.

In terms of wait times... if you ordered a Base, Big Bend, or Outer Banks you probably will be scheduled in the next 2-4 weeks. If you order a Badlands, it may take a little longer but obviously 2022 production is coming to a close fairly quickly, so I'd expect you to be scheduled before the end of August.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
AutumnHawk, FobGoblin

Rank 0

Jul 03, 2022

I ordered my Bronco Sport 07JUN22, I was called by another dealership (not the one I ordered from) and that dealer told me the order banks were closed (don't know what that means). This is the first time I've ordered a vehicle and the only thing I have gotten so far is an email saying it was confirmed, anybody help with more info?

My dealer order a 2022 BS BL in Nov 2021, it was built May 19, and shipped... it had an ETA the week of June 20. Received an update yesterday that it's now scheduled to arrive the week of July 11.

Rank 0

Jul 10, 2022

I ordered mine on January 3 of this year and it didn't arrive to the dealership until mid-June.
TractorLife

Rank 0

Jul 11, 2022

I ordered mine on January 3 of this year and it didn't arrive to the dealership until mid-June.
Congrats! What's frustrating in my case is that I already have financing with a good rate that's only good until July 27. Rates have since gone up. I have a few choices... I can get the financing without taking possession of the vehicle, which would require me to get insurance on a vehicle I don't have yet. The issue I have with this, is that God forbid the thing arrives damaged... I'm screwed.... or get financing with a HIGHER rate... which sucks.... or just keep my 2019 Ranger and say the hell with the Bronco Sport BL.

Rank 0

Jul 12, 2022

So this happened today!
Will have my BS BL Alto Blue with ebony/active orange interior soooooon! :giggle:

Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 2.17.52 PM.pngmetacarlton.gif
TEEDEE, BoxerBronco

Moab or bust!!!

Jul 12, 2022

So this happened today!
Will have my BS BL Alto Blue with ebony/active orange interior soooooon! :giggle:

View attachment 39584View attachment 39585
Congrats! Don't forget to post some pictures.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
TractorLife

Rank 0

Jul 16, 2022

Late summer into fall is when Ford typically switches model years. Before the switch, Ford will often close down order banks for the existing model year so people cannot place orders for vehicles that ultimately won't be built.

In the case of Bronco Sport, Ford shut down the 2022 Bronco Sport order banks a few weeks ago, meaning it is no longer possible to order a 2022 Bronco Sport. The 2023 Bronco Sport order banks will open early August (next month). Production for 2022 Bronco Sport ends the week of October 17th, with 2023 production starting on October 24th.

If you got an email saying that it was confirmed, that means your 2022 order has been submitted and is waiting to be scheduled. In the next few months, you should be getting an email from Ford that informs you what production week your vehicle is scheduled for. Shortly after that you will get a VIN number assigned for your vehicle, which will be provided to your dealer. Once you get a VIN number, your vehicle is "locked in" and your order can no longer be modified. And then about a week before your scheduled build week a window sticker will be generated for your vehicle. That window sticker will provide you with your blend date—which is effectively the date of final assembly, or the date the various components are "blended" together to complete you vehicle. Once your vehicle is built and released from the assembly plant, it'll be placed on a train and transported from Mexico to your dealer—typically takes 2-8 weeks for shipping, depending how close your dealer is to a major rail terminal, how backed up the entire logistic network is at that point in time, etc.

In terms of wait times... if you ordered a Base, Big Bend, or Outer Banks you probably will be scheduled in the next 2-4 weeks. If you order a Badlands, it may take a little longer but obviously 2022 production is coming to a close fairly quickly, so I'd expect you to be scheduled before the end of August.

Attachments

TEEDEE, RagnarKon

Rank 0

Jul 17, 2022

Congrats! Don't forget to post some pictures.

The new ride!
Alto Blue with ebony/active orange. It's just perfect and pretty bad ass looking :)

Attachments

TEEDEE, BoxerBronco

Rank V

Jul 17, 2022

The new ride!
Alto Blue with ebony/active orange. It's just perfect and pretty bad ass looking :)

Hey that's awesome! Very happy for you and wishing you many happy trails ahead!
Deano Bronc, TractorLife

Rank 0

Aug 08, 2022

I had to wait for tho months to get my Bronco Sport Base. The dealer told me that I was lucky to get one "so fast"!
Enrico - Bronco Sport Base

Rank 0

Aug 13, 2022

Hi all...left deposit for custom order 3/9, dealership most likely placed order only on 4/11 date when i've received order confirmation, few days later production was confirmed for 7/4, few weeks later production postponed to 7/25, again end of June production updated to 7/4.
The vehicle was officially (as per tracker) in production as of 7/7 (got a window sticker too) estimate delivery 7/30 - 8/6. As of today it is still in Hermosillo...apparently awaiting a chip....this is so tiring

BS OB Bronze Smoke ...quite loaded except for the trailer hitch