Bronco wild Outdoors
Feb 12, 2022

Rank V

Feb 12, 2022

Deano Bronc, tsmendenhall
Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2022

Life is a Highway

Feb 12, 2022

Great video and thank you for posting. I do not have mine yet but I have been thinking about this issue also.I was thinking that utilizing a flexible rubber grommet would work also. I think this is a super easy and great fix you came up with! My idea would be more work. Remove bracket, drill out slightly, place grommet and reinstall. A little silicone on grommet opening and wha la. Probably a lot easier And just as effective your way. Great job, keep us posted on how it holds up. BTW my exact build!
BuckYeah, Bronco wild Outdoors

Rank V

Feb 12, 2022

Great video and thank you for posting. I do not have mine yet but I have been thinking about this issue also.I was thinking that utilizing a flexible rubber grommet would work also. I think this is a super easy and great fix you came up with! My idea would be more work. Remove bracket, drill out slightly, place grommet and reinstall. A little silicone on grommet opening and wha la. Probably a lot easier And just as effective your way. Great job, keep us posted on how it holds up.
WILL DO, and Thanks.
I think Ford can easily source a Grommet that will fit in a bracket for the guild pins to sit in.
TK1215

Life is a Highway

Feb 12, 2022

BTW my exact build and color
Bronco wild Outdoors

Rank V

Feb 12, 2022

WILL DO, and Thanks.
I think Ford can easily source a Grommet that will fit in a bracket for the guild pins to sit in.
Question.........if plenty of backyard mechanics have come up with simple solutions to stop these subpar tops from cracking and popping, why haven't Ford's engineers come out with a simple solution?
Jboohound

Gladesmen

Feb 12, 2022

Do you think that after time, if it is rubbing that it would rub the pin enough to stop the noise altogether. Since there is evidence it is scraping material off the pin. Or do you think it would/could just widdle the pin to nothing? Thanks for the video and like your EG broncos stable mates.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery

Standing Grumpy Face

Feb 12, 2022

Is this pretty common?? I don't recall seeing it before.

But I will say this. Things like this are the reason I didn't jump in Day 1. All the controlled environment testing in the world will never uncover real world issues like this. Auto manufactures need to start putting vehicles in regular folks hands before release so they can shake them down under normal day to day driving situations. Not give them to engineers to make Starbucks runs.

Rank IV

Feb 12, 2022

Great video and solution. This is the only annoyance I have with my Badlands Bronco.
lfgonzalezh, Bronco wild Outdoors

Rank II

Feb 12, 2022

I was just about to hop on here and ask if anyone else is having this problem. Thanks for posting this video!

may want to move this thread to the Issues sub forum.
lfgonzalezh, Bronco wild Outdoors

Rank V

Feb 18, 2022

Do you think that after time, if it is rubbing that it would rub the pin enough to stop the noise altogether. Since there is evidence it is scraping material off the pin. Or do you think it would/could just widdle the pin to nothing? Thanks for the video and like your EG broncos stable mates.
I don't think it would wear the guide pin down enough to hurt anything. The noise is what I couldn't handle.
Deano Bronc, Jakob1972

Rank V

Feb 18, 2022

Great video and solution. This is the only annoyance I have with my Badlands Bronco.
We absolutely love our Broncos. The best off-road machine built.
Deano Bronc, BuckYeah

Rank V

Feb 18, 2022

Is this pretty common?? I don't recall seeing it before.

But I will say this. Things like this are the reason I didn't jump in Day 1. All the controlled environment testing in the world will never uncover real world issues like this. Auto manufactures need to start putting vehicles in regular folks hands before release so they can shake them down under normal day to day driving situations. Not give them to engineers to make Starbucks runs.
I understand. I have a different take on it. The engineers that built this Bronco have done an incredible job. Sometimes things like this only show up after thousands are built and on the road. I have had zero no real issues with either of my Broncos. if you have one on order, you will truly enjoy it.

Rank V

Feb 18, 2022

Question.........if plenty of backyard mechanics have come up with simple solutions to stop these subpar tops from cracking and popping, why haven't Ford's engineers come out with a simple solution?
Sometimes it takes time for things to show up, I believe they will take care of it. They have designed an off-road beast and we truly enjoy them.
Deano Bronc, TK1215

Rank IV

Feb 18, 2022

Rank IV

Feb 18, 2022

I guess the secret to getting my 2021 delivered (since this guy has a 2022 in his garage), is to start a Bronco themed YouTube channel. I do appreciate the video however.

Rank III

Feb 18, 2022

Did anyone ever figure out what size shrink tube is the “perfect size” or should everyone buy the same exact set of tubing and go for the “bigger one” and a “smaller one”?

Rank IV

Feb 18, 2022

Thanks for feedback, thats exactly the problem. Great Forum / Support from Bronco Nation team
Deano Bronc

Rank 0

Feb 22, 2022

Bought the part for $5 and made the fix yesterday. It worked great and took minutes. Thank you!!
Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Mar 02, 2022

I just lubed the pins with a minimal amount of vaseline. Silence.

Free.
Didn't even have to pull the tops all the way off,just lifted them enough to expose the pins.

Now I hear everything else. :mad:
:D:oops::ROFLMAO::D
Day 1 res first 3 hours, Feb 6th order; May 25th? scheduled for build, July 15th Build date, Dirt Mountain 2.5 months, delivered into my loving hands Oct. 8th
drtabick, Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Apr 08, 2022

1000 mile update on noise popping sound from the roof
Deano Bronc