How driveable is a Bronco Sport for short drivers?

LCshorty
Oct 13, 2021

Rank 0

Oct 13, 2021

I've currently been looking into purchasing a 2021 Bronco Sport and won't be able to test drive one anytime soon. I'm 4'9" and was wondering if any other drivers on here were on the short side and could tell me about the comfort and safety driving one. I've been trying to find sources but most reviewers are average height.
Laura
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2021

Rank V

Oct 13, 2021

You DO know you’re in the full size Bronco section of the app…right?

Rank VI

Oct 13, 2021

You'll be fine withe the sport. Just get one with the power adjusted seat and steering colomn. It would have been nice if they included the adjustable pedals in the sport likr the ones in my superduty.
2021 4 door Badlands Sasquatch, Rapid red. 2.7, high package. Reserved on 07-19-2020, ordered 01-20-2021, delivered 12-05-2021
LCshorty

Rank 0

Oct 13, 2021

I didn't. My bad.
You DO know you’re in the full size Bronco section of the app…right?
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Oct 13, 2021

I didn't. My bad.
Would you like me to move it for you? There are members who have both a Sport and Bronco, but you may get more eyes if I do.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
LCshorty

Rank 0

Oct 13, 2021

Would you like me to move it for you? There are members who have both a Sport and Bronco, but you may get more eyes if I do.
I'd appreciate it!
Laura

Rank 0

Oct 14, 2021

I am 5'7" so not short but I find the gas pedal (at a comfortable sitting position in the seat) to be a little bit stretch and at times my boot hits just the very end and falls off. Never had this issue with any other vehicle so it might just be me trying to find the right seat position.. but I also like to sit a bit higher so that my arm is at a right angle when resting it on the arm rest (top of the inside door) and in this position is where it just seems more of a stretch to reach the gas pedal.. no issue with the break pedal as it seems to be more forward.

I would just advise you to do a long test drive one at your local dealer, my dealer allowed me to take it for about 2 hours for testing around the city.
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Oct 14, 2021

And I don't consider myself too short either at 5'6", but I did find myself wishing the seat raised a little higher for off-roading, where you really want to see over the dash as much as you can. I would raise it to the max but still find myself boosting myself forward to see my line.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s

Rank V

Oct 18, 2021

If only the front camera could be turned on all the time. . .