How about the SEMA build quarter panels!?

GToddC5
Nov 21, 2020

Rank V

Nov 21, 2020

I'm more than excited about the ease in changing quarter panels! In fact, seeing the SEMA build pushed me back to 2-door, cargo space be damned! While the 4-door does have removeable rear quarters, I don't see as many cool offerings without being much more intrusive. For instance, changing to squared off panels on the 4 door, would require a new door panel, at minimum. With the rear door removed, the body frame would still have a round feature, and you'd be stuck with half a new profile panel showing. Someone may feature some panel trickery that extends to the body frame, but it would only work without the rear door, or you'd need to buy a newly designed door to match the profile. That's easily twice the cost compared to modifying a 2-door. The 2-door is where it's at, I think. I gotta have those SEMA fenders and doors! Thoughts?

1605970562621.png
Reserved 7/14/20 - Ordered Converted 1/19/21: 2 Dr Cyber Orange Badlands w/ 2.3L, 7MT, MGV, High, Tow
Tentative Build Date - Week of 11/15/21
Toys: 1971 FJ40 - 1989 Toyota Pickup - 1998 C5 vert
JFord, LoneRanger
Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2020

Rank VI

Nov 21, 2020

I hadn’t realized the relative ease of switching out body parts. The fenders are particularly easy to pop off and don’t require any tools. The modular front bumper is pretty easy to work with as well. A lot of potential for the aftermarket.
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
JFord, gibsBRonCO

Standing Grumpy Face

Nov 21, 2020

I see a wide body option in the future. On top of that I'm sure there will be companies that make composite fenders. Cheaper, lighter and less worry of scratches and dents. I'd be all about running a set of matte black composite fenders on the regular.
JFord, LoneRanger

Rank V

Nov 21, 2020

The modularity possibilities are pushing me to decide on my final color choice, black. :P
BN # 526
Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch 4 DR MIC HIGH
Fstfrd00, JFord

Standing Grumpy Face

Nov 21, 2020

The modularity possibilities are pushing me to decide on my final color choice, black. :P

Or white. White with a black top, fenders and grille. Yeah I can see that.
JFord

Rank V

Nov 21, 2020

This looks amazing! Can’t wait to get with some of our aftermarket teams and put one together!

Attachments

Josh Hamilton
JFord

Rank VI

Nov 21, 2020

This looks amazing! Can’t wait to get with some of our aftermarket teams and put on together!

I can’t wait to see a full time lapse of one of these being transformed.
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Broncolife365, JFord

Rank VI

Nov 23, 2020

It's going to be interesting how this develops. I hope Ford has these available soon. Really adds to the retro look. Also the aftermarket possibilities are unlimited - A 2021 LUBr?? Baja prerunner fenders? Or simply nicely molded-in flares?
2022 Bronco BadSquatch, 1974 Bronco Ranger, 1976 Bronco Crawler, 1978 Bronco Custom
JFord

Rank VI

Nov 23, 2020

I really like the idea of the molded in flares. Bolt on quarter panels seems like such a no brainer now. I wonder if Ford has a patent pending for the idea.:ROFLMAO: