How about the SEMA build quarter panels!?

GToddC5

Rank V

Supporter III

Jul 14, 2020
South Jersey
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Nonya
Member #

I'm more than excited about the ease in changing quarter panels! In fact, seeing the SEMA build pushed me back to 2-door, cargo space be damned! While the 4-door does have removeable rear quarters, I don't see as many cool offerings without being much more intrusive. For instance, changing to squared off panels on the 4 door, would require a new door panel, at minimum. With the rear door removed, the body frame would still have a round feature, and you'd be stuck with half a new profile panel showing. Someone may feature some panel trickery that extends to the body frame, but it would only work without the rear door, or you'd need to buy a newly designed door to match the profile. That's easily twice the cost compared to modifying a 2-door. The 2-door is where it's at, I think. I gotta have those SEMA fenders and doors! Thoughts?

1605970562621.png

David

Administrator
Staff member
Super Moderator

Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

I hadn’t realized the relative ease of switching out body parts. The fenders are particularly easy to pop off and don’t require any tools. The modular front bumper is pretty easy to work with as well. A lot of potential for the aftermarket.

Garemlin

Rank VI

Super Supporter III

May 20, 2020
Clayton, Delaware, DE, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Walt
Member #

I see a wide body option in the future. On top of that I'm sure there will be companies that make composite fenders. Cheaper, lighter and less worry of scratches and dents. I'd be all about running a set of matte black composite fenders on the regular.

Broncolife365

Rank IV

Champion II

May 20, 2020
Knoxville, TN, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Hamilton
Member #

This looks amazing! Can’t wait to get with some of our aftermarket teams and put one together!

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: JFord

gibsBRonCO

Rank V

Supporter III

Mar 21, 2020
Cuchara, CO, USA
Member #

It's going to be interesting how this develops. I hope Ford has these available soon. Really adds to the retro look. Also the aftermarket possibilities are unlimited - A 2021 LUBr?? Baja prerunner fenders? Or simply nicely molded-in flares?

Reactions: JFord

JFord

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 18, 2020
California, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Ford
Member #

I really like the idea of the molded in flares. Bolt on quarter panels seems like such a no brainer now. I wonder if Ford has a patent pending for the idea.:ROFLMAO: