Ford site mistake on color? Or not?

ared77
Jul 27, 2020

Rank IV

Jul 27, 2020

Mistake on Ford web site?

Go to Ford, Bronco, and the 360 degree colorizer that they have. Look at Area 51, it looks blue/gray. Then look at Carbonized Gray, it looks green to me. I think that might be a mistake. I would think "Area 51" would be the more green color of the two. What do you think?
Commodore
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2020

Wank ER

Aug 08, 2020

Hear you - the CGI images of the paint can be interpretive as well as "off". Looks like many of the colors will have changes in appearance based upon lighting and viewing angle. Try to get to your dealer and look for Stangs or Rangers with the same colors to better judge. They will also be bringing a few out to view at different dealers.
2021 FE Cactus Grey

Rank IV

Aug 09, 2020

Someone pulled the colors from the Ford PDF with colors and stuck them into photoshop, the Cactus Gray is Gray with a low saturation of Green and Area 51 is Gray with a slightly higher saturation of Blue. Color codes they came up with if you want to look them up are 8d968f for Cactus Gray https://www.color-hex.com/color/8d968f and 65787c for Area 51 https://www.color-hex.com/color/65787c

I'm torn between these two colors, gotta see them in person to make a decision.

Rank II

Aug 09, 2020

Are those available on any current Fords? I went and found Rapid Red on the lot before I settled on it.

Rank VI

Aug 09, 2020

Be careful relying on something like this. I was all in for Area 51 until photos circulated of a completed Bronco Sport in the color. It was a lot more blue then anything else. Sure photos of it are on this form or google it. I can tell you it is not even close to what is showing on the link. I am hoping at time of order some of the sports will be out so we can see the color in person or hell for some of us Broncos will be out and about.
Big Mike

Rank IV

Aug 09, 2020

I agree, the Sport pics I have seen seem way too lavender for my taste. The original reveal videos had a Sport in Area 51 that looked pretty good though so I have high hopes that it just doesn't photograph well and looks great in person. Then again the reveal videos might have all been retouched.
Bsooudi

Rank IV

Aug 09, 2020

Are those available on any current Fords? I went and found Rapid Red on the lot before I settled on it.

I think Cactus Gray is on the '21 Ranger whenever it hits dealer lots.
LoneRanger, pilonfx