Don't delete

Dec 1, 2021
Southeast Michigan.
First Name
Henry
Last Name
Bobek
Member #

Looks pretty nice, however it looks like it would take up a lot of room in your garage. I think I would prefer the hooks and pulley system that is bolted into the joists of your garage, and when it is lifted it will stay somewhat out of your way. I have seen one of these work in a garage and it was rather easy to use and convenient to store the top out of the way.
However:
Still not too bad for convenience!

Bschurr

Rank V

Don't delete

Jan 28, 2021
NY, USA
First Name
Barry
Last Name
Schurr
Very nice @vzqhsg
What’s the storage plan in the garage? Ceiling mounted hoist? Or just leave it on the dolly?

If just the dolly may I suggest a tie down strap over the hard top to keep it fastened down to mitigate against any potential accidents.

OBXBroncoGuy

Rank VI

Promoter II

Feb 20, 2021
Virginia
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Damba
Member #

Nice job. Only thing I would do is add a little more padding to the other areas, just in case, but really nice. Sadly, no garage for now nor anywhere I could store it, besides not having a hardtop to begin with..

jessparol

Rank III

Advocate II

Oct 30, 2021
Milford, pa
First Name
Jess
Last Name
Parol
Member #

I think I saw on the website that it is for the 4 door only. Anyone have any leads on it being usable for a 2 door?

Bschurr

Rank V

Don't delete

Jan 28, 2021
NY, USA
First Name
Barry
Last Name
Schurr
There are Jeep Top Hoist Kits on Amazon, that are mounted to your Garage Ceiling…
For anyone interested in a fun project, there are lots of DIY options for lifts, hoists and storage dollies on the interwebs. These solutions are fun because you can adapt the design to your specific environment/space and really make it your own - just like @vzqhsg has

jd-ford-hd

Rank III

Advocate III

Oct 5, 2021
Tennessee
First Name
Den
Last Name
Den
My Super Duty's fiberglass topper gets suspended from the garage ceiling and the truck backs under it for normal parking. Admire your ingenuity, your grasp on geometry and your Unistrut choice.!

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

For some reason my stud finder does not find the studs on the ceiling. I was going to hang bikes from the ceiling but I couldn't find the studs.
Anyone else have that issue? I have 2 different stud finders and neither one worked. The garage attic has plywood on the floor so its no help going up there.

Chaos

Rank V

Don't delete

Feb 9, 2021
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Wiersema
Nicely done. Wonder how many adjustments it took to get the insertion depth right. I already have ceiling pulley systems at the main house, holding old longboards, so one of those will just get modified for me. I like this rack style (the commercial offering is a bit pricey), but like many I just don't have a convenient place to store a tool like this at the house or the shop.

Big Papa

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Aug 31, 2021
Lantana, Texas
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Gillespy
Member #

Nicely done. Wonder how many adjustments it took to get the insertion depth right. I already have ceiling pulley systems at the main house, holding old longboards, so one of those will just get modified for me. I like this rack style (the commercial offering is a bit pricey), but like many I just don't have a convenient place to store a tool like this at the house or the shop.
There is a commercial one of these?