Dec 27, 2021

Rank V

Dec 27, 2021

jodie.o, Big Mikel
Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2021

Rank VI

Dec 27, 2021

Very cool. Well done
Wildtrak, hot pepper red, mic, Lux, tow...Totally worth it!!
Bronco Rex, Coach1

🗻🏔️🏜️38°33'14.1"N 109°32'04.7"W🏜️🏔️🗻

Dec 27, 2021

Looks pretty nice, however it looks like it would take up a lot of room in your garage. I think I would prefer the hooks and pulley system that is bolted into the joists of your garage, and when it is lifted it will stay somewhat out of your way. I have seen one of these work in a garage and it was rather easy to use and convenient to store the top out of the way.
However:
Still not too bad for convenience!
*632* Days to get A 2021 - 2022 -
2023 Big Bend - 2 Door 2.3L Velocity Blue, Squatched, Mid package, Running Boards, Roof Rack, and Engine Block heater.
Fstfrd00, Cheeselog

No Ragerts

Dec 27, 2021

Very nice @vzqhsg
What’s the storage plan in the garage? Ceiling mounted hoist? Or just leave it on the dolly?

If just the dolly may I suggest a tie down strap over the hard top to keep it fastened down to mitigate against any potential accidents.
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
BuckYeah, BroncOitis

Rank 0

Dec 29, 2021

I like it! But, not going to worry about it till spring. Thanks for sharing...

TopLift has something very similar.
BuckYeah, Bschurr
OBXBroncoGuy

Dec 29, 2021

Nice job. Only thing I would do is add a little more padding to the other areas, just in case, but really nice. Sadly, no garage for now nor anywhere I could store it, besides not having a hardtop to begin with..
BuckYeah, Bschurr

Rank 0

Dec 29, 2021

That's totally wicked!! That has inspired me to build one for my wife's Jeep and my Bronco...Nice job.
BuckYeah, Bschurr

Rank III

Dec 29, 2021

I will definitely be getting a lift for removing my Bronco’s Top…but, will wait to find out if my Bronco will even go into my Garage, with the Sasquatch Package and Roof Rack…
BuckYeah, Bschurr

Rank V

Dec 29, 2021

Very cool. Well done
That is sweet
Bschurr

Rank III

Dec 29, 2021

I think I saw on the website that it is for the 4 door only. Anyone have any leads on it being usable for a 2 door?

Rank III

Dec 30, 2021

I think I saw on the website that it is for the 4 door only. Anyone have any leads on it being usable for a 2 door?
There are Jeep Top Hoist Kits on Amazon, that are mounted to your Garage Ceiling…
BuckYeah, Bschurr

No Ragerts

Dec 30, 2021

There are Jeep Top Hoist Kits on Amazon, that are mounted to your Garage Ceiling…
For anyone interested in a fun project, there are lots of DIY options for lifts, hoists and storage dollies on the interwebs. These solutions are fun because you can adapt the design to your specific environment/space and really make it your own - just like @vzqhsg has
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
Porkchop4464, BuckYeah

Rank V

Dec 30, 2021

I’m gonna DIY a hard top storage. Hand winch, pulleys, and some straps and hang it in the garage.
Porkchop4464, Kraken

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

Dec 30, 2021

Most practical use of an Erector Set I've ever seen! :oops:
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
WhiskeyCity, Porkchop4464

Rank V

Dec 30, 2021

My Super Duty's fiberglass topper gets suspended from the garage ceiling and the truck backs under it for normal parking. Admire your ingenuity, your grasp on geometry and your Unistrut choice.!
F ederal O wnership R espectfully D eclined
Bschurr, BuckYeah

Moab or bust!!!

Dec 30, 2021

For some reason my stud finder does not find the studs on the ceiling. I was going to hang bikes from the ceiling but I couldn't find the studs.
Anyone else have that issue? I have 2 different stud finders and neither one worked. The garage attic has plywood on the floor so its no help going up there.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Bschurr, BuckYeah

Rank III

Dec 30, 2021

How much does the top weigh?
dallascajun

Rank V

Dec 30, 2021

Wow, very nice. Where can I get one?
Bronco Nation Member #4410
22my | Outer Banks | Carb Grey | 2.7L V6 | MIC | LUX | Tow

Rank V

Dec 30, 2021

Nicely done. Wonder how many adjustments it took to get the insertion depth right. I already have ceiling pulley systems at the main house, holding old longboards, so one of those will just get modified for me. I like this rack style (the commercial offering is a bit pricey), but like many I just don't have a convenient place to store a tool like this at the house or the shop.
95 Eddie 5.8 Windsor 2021? nope, 2022?, wait 2022.5 HOSS3.0 equipped WildTrak/LUX/Leather/MIC. 7/14 RES
BroncOitis, BuckYeah

Rank V

Dec 30, 2021

Nicely done. Wonder how many adjustments it took to get the insertion depth right. I already have ceiling pulley systems at the main house, holding old longboards, so one of those will just get modified for me. I like this rack style (the commercial offering is a bit pricey), but like many I just don't have a convenient place to store a tool like this at the house or the shop.
There is a commercial one of these?
Bronco Nation Member #4410
22my | Outer Banks | Carb Grey | 2.7L V6 | MIC | LUX | Tow