Habitat Pop Up Roof Concepts

REKLAS
May 09, 2022

Rank 0

May 09, 2022

I haven't seen anything like this yet for the new Bronco but am really hoping there are companies out there working on something like this that replaces the hard top and is an integrated pop up habitat RTT that is low profile while driving but when camping, you're able to stand up inside and cook, while having a sleeping area out of they way. They make these for jeeps and other trucks so hopefully eventually we'll see some for the Bronco as well.

Closed.
BroncoHabitatClosed.jpg

Opened Up.
BroncoHabitatOpen.jpg
Laura, TEEDEE
Last edited by a moderator: May 09, 2022

Rank VI

May 09, 2022

Ursaminor is working on a B30!

Not nearly as large as the one you depict above, but similar concept.
2021 badlands, 2.3, MT, rapid red, soft top
Laura

Rank VI

May 09, 2022

I haven't seen anything like this yet for the new Bronco but am really hoping there are companies out there working on something like this that replaces the hard top and is an integrated pop up habitat RTT that is low profile while driving but when camping, you're able to stand up inside and cook, while having a sleeping area out of they way. They make these for jeeps and other trucks so hopefully eventually we'll see some for the Bronco as well.

Closed.
View attachment 35486

Opened Up.
View attachment 35487
Here's link to a video of a WIP top.
ResidualGenius

Gladesmen

May 09, 2022

Closed.
View attachment 35486

Opened Up.
View attachment 35487
That is a nice concept. I bet you could make one of these yourself. I am going to make an RTT for my Boreas teardrop Clone I am building. There are a few folks out there that have some youtube videos on DIY RTTs. You already have a heck of a rendering.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery

Rank VI

May 09, 2022

All Terrain had something like that, but Ursa Minor, although smaller, is probably better.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole

Rank 0

May 09, 2022

Yeah you guys are right, I may not have drawn it accurately and the scale is a bit off on the concept I made, but the idea what that It is suppose to be similar to this style...

JeepHabitat.jpg
Habitat Truck Topper.jpg
Habitat inside tent.jpg
Habitat_Goose_Gear_Tacoma_Desk-0067_zpsyidphwbo.jpg
Dye Beard 77, Jakob1972

Rank III

May 09, 2022

From my understanding, the biggest issue a lot of companies are facing with the Bronco is it's limited weight capacity. The highest weight capacity RTT I've seen so far was a static weight of like 450lbs, and this includes two people. I would assume you'd need some form of rigid framing system that incorporates into the actual frame/body of the Bronco for structural rigidity? Either way, it would be rad!
2022 2023 Badlands 4D | Shadow Black | MIC | 2.7L | Sasquatch | Lux Package | MOD Bumpers | Order Date: 10/19/21

Rank VI

Aug 23, 2022

I have had a GFC Superlite for quite some time sitting in my office, I have a soft top and have been waiting on Gobi to come out with their rack. (Ships this month to me).

It is a wedge style tent, no longer in production, but I did find one at Inspired Overland that is only 110lbs I believe, so the weight rating it good for static and dynamic on the Bronco.

https://www.inspiredoverland.com/rooftop-tent
LR48