Grab handles and vent caps

Viper385
Nov 17, 2020

Rank III

Nov 17, 2020

Have we heard anything specific on whether or not these will be able to be purchased separately? I am not happy with how Ford is doing these! I know during the video going over interior options the Wildtrak was said to have the blue accent stripes on the grab handles and air vent tabs. I am planning to order the Cyber Orange and to me blue interior accents with the orange just look really ugly. I am pretty sure this won't be something that can be changed at the time of order but I am wondering everyone's thoughts as well as if anyone has seen anything from Ford specifically on this (I know they talk about the Bronco bolts and being able to change things that have these bolts). But again...WHY Ford - similar to what they have done with the FE and only having the Navy Pier interior - they are just making these Broncos look ugly but forcing these type of color combos.
Reidski29, CCDetroit
Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2020

Rank V

Nov 17, 2020

Easy. Just swap with someone that ordered the badlands. There are plenty of them that don't like the orange accents, and some of them might be rockin velocity blue. They would probably jump at the chance to switch.
Cable Guy, KennyMac

Rank III

Nov 17, 2020

Good point - that will definitely be done ASAP once I take delivery.
srick76

Rank V

Nov 26, 2020

Thats my plan also since my WT will be CO
WT 2D High, Eruption Green, 7/24/20 reserv, 2/24/21 order, built, shipping.....

Standing Grumpy Face

Nov 26, 2020

The grab handles have the "bronco bolts" so they are meant to be switched out and customized. I'm sure Ford will offer differnt choices as well as the aftermarket community. And they will be easily ordered from Ford if you want OEM in a different color. Vent caps might not be as easy. But who knows.
KennyMac

Rank IV

Nov 26, 2020

I’m all for swapping you. Planning on a badlands in velocity blue.
Cable Guy, Cooknn

Rank V

Jan 05, 2021

Easy. Just swap with someone that ordered the badlands. There are plenty of them that don't like the orange accents, and some of them might be rockin velocity blue. They would probably jump at the chance to switch.
That fixes his problem, but not others. For instance my Bronco will be white. So naturally I want white accents kinda like what the navy pier has but maybe even whiter than that.

Or the most obvious, the warm tan and black interior of the wildtrak does not lend itself well with the bright blue handles
travisdougan, Gbecker

Rank V

Jan 05, 2021

Have we heard anything specific on whether or not these will be able to be purchased separately? I am not happy with how Ford is doing these! I know during the video going over interior options the Wildtrak was said to have the blue accent stripes on the grab handles and air vent tabs. I am planning to order the Cyber Orange and to me blue interior accents with the orange just look really ugly. I am pretty sure this won't be something that can be changed at the time of order but I am wondering everyone's thoughts as well as if anyone has seen anything from Ford specifically on this (I know they talk about the Bronco bolts and being able to change things that have these bolts). But again...WHY Ford - similar to what they have done with the FE and only having the Navy Pier interior - they are just making these Broncos look ugly but forcing these type of color combos.
I'm getting the Badlands Rapid Red and don't like the orange accents. I would love an all black option. Thinking of using a magic marker to solve this.
travisdougan, Vigor

Rank IV

Jan 05, 2021

I'm getting the Badlands Rapid Red and don't like the orange accents. I would love an all black option. Thinking of using a magic marker to solve this.
I’m hoping the aftermarket options will take off and we will be able to purchase new colors prior to delivery. Gives us something to do while we wait. I’m going Oxford White WT and not a fan of the Area 51 so I’m hoping for a Royal Blue
Vigor

Rank V

Jan 05, 2021

I’m hoping the aftermarket options will take off and we will be able to purchase new colors prior to delivery. Gives us something to do while we wait. I’m going Oxford White WT and not a fan of the Area 51 so I’m hoping for a Royal Blue
I think they did the blue accents with the tan interior in the WT just to F with us
travisdougan, Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Jan 05, 2021

I think they did the blue accents with the tan interior in the WT just to F with us
Of course!!!! Lol. Badlands in CO is the ONLY damn thing that makes sense.
Vigor

Rank 0

Feb 09, 2021

Why is Ford silent on this as so many people seem to have issues with these Items. At least give us confirmation that the AC vent ones come off. Honestly cant pick a color or trim because of the interior choices. The only ones that arent bad are the base ones but you cant get LUX pack items on those.

Rank IV

Feb 09, 2021

Im not a fan of the WT grab handle color either. It is an Area 51. I would prefer a brighter blue so I plan to swap mine out as well. Only time will tell but I’m ready to order them as soon as options are available.

Rank VI

Feb 09, 2021

Easy to switch the handles but the vents may be tricky. Maybe a thin vinyl strip to cover the strip color on the vents? Not currently looking at a pic but if I remember its a strip of color on the adjuster handle right? Obviously a factor replacement would be preferred but if you have to pull the front of the dash off to remove the vent cover that's a PIA.

Rank 0

Feb 09, 2021

Easy to switch the handles but the vents may be tricky. Maybe a thin vinyl strip to cover the strip color on the vents? Not currently looking at a pic but if I remember its a strip of color on the adjuster handle right? Obviously a factor replacement would be preferred but if you have to pull the front of the dash off to remove the vent cover that's a PIA.

They look like they might just be rubber or plastic over the end but it should be a simple answer from Ford at least prior to 3/19.
srick76

Rank VI

Feb 09, 2021

They look like they might just be rubber or plastic over the end but it should be a simple answer from Ford at least prior to 3/19.
Oh yea, that looks like they will pull right off. Great pic BTW IDK how I missed this one.

Wank ER

Feb 10, 2021

That's a pretty damn good looking interior. Like to see this to soothe my other inner Bronco demons.
2021 FE Cactus Grey
Ashlesophia, srick76

Rank IV

Nov 26, 2021

Hi there, brand new to the forum. My wife's Cyber Orange Wildtrak just came in with Blue Grab Handles.
Anyone up for a swap for Orange ones?
2021 Bronco Wildtrak Cyber Orange, 2019 Raptor Perf Blue
1955 Chevy Cameo, (2) 2023 Mavericks (on order)

Rank XXXXXXVVVVVIIII

Nov 26, 2021

you can get inlays from sticker fab and change the to whatever you want
FireOne

Rank IV

Nov 27, 2021

Thanks, I saw that too and am ordering their letters and other, just thought for durability, I would stay OEM on the grip stripes.
2021 Bronco Wildtrak Cyber Orange, 2019 Raptor Perf Blue
1955 Chevy Cameo, (2) 2023 Mavericks (on order)