Goodyear Territory MT

SlashRacer
Jul 07, 2020

Road trip!!!

Jul 07, 2020

Looks like the new tire is a Goodyear Territory MT. The tread pattern is not the same as the Goodyear Wrangler Territory. Or did they redo the Wrangler Territory? Notice the Bronco emblem on the center cap.
48047FC8-58F2-4F35-8D10-249F21D696C3.png
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 07, 2020

RedNexican X Apalacian American: Goofyness!

Jul 07, 2020

tooooooo big. decrease the photo size 50% lol
Calgecko, PSUTE

Road trip!!!

Jul 07, 2020

tooooooo big. decrease the photo size 50% lol
2B49D30D-C6CA-40C5-A55A-3F48DDC07DD7.png
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.

Rank VI

Oct 12, 2020

A YouTube video which discusses the new Goodyear 35s. Brace yourself, this is a podcast over 45 minutes long!! Since many potential owners have expressed interest in swapping out the MT for AT tires, more specifically the BFG K02, I thought this video would be helpful.

From this podcast you will learn how tires typically have a designation such as, AT or MT. The tires Ford has designated for the Sasquatch package are the Goodyear Wrangler Territory MT tires. (Note the word Wrangler will not appear on the sidewall, but they live within the Wrangler family of 7 available tires) Goodyear wants the consumer to understand their Territory MT tire is a Maximum Traction tire not a Mud Terrain tire.

Like the 2021 Ford Bronco, we will benefit from independent testing of the Goodyear Wrangler Territory MT tires. This video clarifies how tire design (Think Dupont Kevlar in the sidewall.) needs to work in conjunction with the vehicle design. Fascinating stuff!

vintage, Slownstddy

Rank IV

Oct 12, 2020

The new good year looks like an all terrain tire to me not a mud? I'll probably switch to another tire after I wear those out.
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands (reserved, ordered with note for My22)
Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Oct 12, 2020

The new good year looks like an all terrain tire to me not a mud? I'll probably switch to another tire after I wear those out.

Over the years I have had good luck with a variety of different tires on different Ford vehicles. Up until now I never really understood the reason for the variety. An Explorer with Goodyear Duratrac, an F150 with Hankook and a Raptor with BFG.

The video helped me gain an appreciation for how an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) works with the tire companies to design a tire specific to that vehicle weight, suspension, purpose, etc. If the Bronco Badlands is designed for rock crawling, I suspect you would be seeking a tire which incorporates the more expensive Dupont Kevlar. The Kevlar will be needed in the tread and side walls to prevent rock punctures and tears. In a way, our tires could define our experience driving a Badlands.
SlashRacer, Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Oct 13, 2020

I had Goodyear Wranglers with Kevlar sides on my Colorado Z71 and it got a flat from the front tire picking up a nail and throwing it into the sidewall of the rear. Because they are limited production tire I had to wait 4 days while on vacation to get a new tire.
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands (reserved, ordered with note for My22)
BuzzyBud

Rank V

Oct 14, 2020

Anyone else still annoyed at Goodyear for their Social justice crap?

Not even sure if I would buy from them again.
B-ron-co, Slownstddy

Rank V

Oct 14, 2020

I, for one, am glad the MT supposedly stands for multi-terrain. This takes away some early concerns I have had of excessive road noise and street compatibility. I will see a healthy mix of dd and off-road, and love the impact of Sasquatch on the 4 door.
Deano Bronc, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Oct 15, 2020

I, for one, am glad the MT supposedly stands for multi-terrain. This takes away some early concerns I have had of excessive road noise and street compatibility. I will see a healthy mix of dd and off-road, and love the impact of Sasquatch on the 4 door.
MT actually stands for “maximum traction” according to Goodyear
PC Austin, IBleve

Rank VI

Oct 15, 2020

Hoping they do get and add the 3PMSF
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red
BuzzyBud

Rank IV

Oct 16, 2020

For those gen6 enthusiasts located in the high mountains, colder latitudes or plan to frequent snow country - like me you are rooting for these treads to display the snow flake symbol on the sidewall.

BFG KO2 have proven worthy in rain and snow here in the (West coast) Northern Sierra mountains ( spikes not allowed) and are rated for mountain/snow usage (Snow flake rated).
Snow here is dry, unlike for say - the NE/ East coast regions where a dedicated snow tire proves optimum. My boss (Wife) approves of the lower noise output of K02 as well.

I’d imagine 35” snow rated tire options are limited... all more reason to root for this 315 m/T Goodyear to be awarded snow flake rating.

Attachments

Rgwinn, IBleve

Rank VI

Nov 19, 2020

If these tires do not get the 3 Peak Snowflake rating, I will have my friendly local dealer exchange them for KO2's before I drive my new Bronco off the lot.
Khayze427, Deano Bronc

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Nov 19, 2020

yup still annoyed, was annoyed before, I've put 2 sets on my 150, they don't last, switching to KOs
Deano Bronc, AcesandEights

Rank VI

Nov 19, 2020

Thanks for your experience report. I have had Goodyear MT/R & BFG KM2. Much prefer the KO2 tires on J--p Rubicon. Something to badger my salesman about at order time.

Rank VI

Nov 19, 2020

Im getting another brand on mine. Anyone wanna make a realistic offer for the goodyears thier putting on it?
2021 4 door Badlands Sasquatch, Rapid red. 2.7, high package. Reserved on 07-19-2020, ordered 01-20-2021, delivered 12-05-2021

Rank V

Nov 19, 2020

Im getting another brand on mine. Anyone wanna make a realistic offer for the goodyears thier putting on it?
When mine wear out, going with Coopers...
'21 AMB Basesquatch 2 Door. 2.7. 569 days from reservation to delivery
Slownstddy