Windshield lead times

Mprentiss
Jul 25, 2022

Rank 0

Jul 25, 2022

My 2022 2dr Big Bend was just delivered to the dealer and when they were working on the windshield recall the windshield broke. Has anyone else had this issue and how long did it take for the windshield to come in?
the poacher
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2022

Rank VI

Jul 25, 2022

My 2022 2dr Big Bend was just delivered to the dealer and when they were working on the windshield recall the windshield broke. Has anyone else had this issue and how long did it take for the windshield to come in?

Currently waiting on a replacement after taking a rock. Was told by Safelight 3-4 weeks. Switched to a more local company (after Safelight drug me along... long story). They told me 10 days (getting from a dealer). Unfortunately 1st windshield that came in (10 days) had scratches. So now waiting for new one.

So I guess anywhere from 1-4 weeks would be normal.
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.
Deano Bronc, Mprentiss

Rank V

Jul 25, 2022

was told Friday by my dealership that it is 90 days for one from ford, I told them do not touch my windshield at this time!
Ditchrunner, Mprentiss

Rank 0

Jul 25, 2022

was told Friday by my dealership that it is 90 days for one from ford, I told them do not touch my windshield at this time!

Wow OK thanks

Home, home on the range

Jul 25, 2022

I called about the recall and was told I needed to call the body shop (they own Abra body shop). I left a message over a week ago and no response. Gonna try again tomorrow, but might hold off after reading about them breaking the windshield
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
Mprentiss

Rank 0

Jul 26, 2022

I called about the recall and was told I needed to call the body shop (they own Abra body shop). I left a message over a week ago and no response. Gonna try again tomorrow, but might hold off after reading about them breaking the windshield

Thats crazy man

Rank IV

Jul 30, 2022

Mine was replaced. It was stop/ sale order. Was sent out to autobody place. Dealer said was down the road , but my mileage proved otherwise (50 miles on the odometer). Dealer said stories about waiting for part / waiting for pickup/ process to do about couple of hours to 8 h/ setting time 24 h/ waiting for drop off…my ford app cleared recall 1 week after my car was delivered, BUT dealer held on for almost 5 days… until I just showed up @ dealer on 3rd day of cleared recall notification . Told them I spoke to Ford (chat) & said repair service was complete. Then , it surprisingly was in the back lot. Maybe, different story for ready owned broncos . But, when nothing (no broncos) is on their lot, what else can they use as advertisement. My future sale on an F 150 is questionable after this fiasco.
So, windshield repair should take about a week or less process in an ideal situation. Can only worry, but can’t control time if complications of cracks happen.

Road trip!!!

Jul 30, 2022

I’m on week number 3 of waiting for the replacement for my cracked windshield.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
Deano Bronc, Sdakotabronco

Rank V

Jul 30, 2022

There's no way I'm taking mine in for this recall. If it were for a mechanical safety item then yes, but not for this. If my windshield falls out during an MVA, so let it, I can promise you we'll all have seat belts on anyway. We've also had no leaking issues so, Ford isn't touching it.
2D BL, Sas, 2.7l, High, Silver 10:22pm 7/13/20 Res, 1/31 2/7 2/14 2/28 3/7 build dates
built 3/11/22, delivered 4/16/22

Home, home on the range

Jul 30, 2022

I made an appointment to get mine done. August 18th. They said they will have a replacement in stock just in case something happens. Said will take about an hour to replace, then a couple hours at the dealership to recalibrate the camera and sensors. I guess we'll see.
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
Deano Bronc, SlashRacer

Rank II

Aug 01, 2022

Sorry all, I’m out of the loop. Is this recall for all Broncos I assume?

Home, home on the range

Aug 01, 2022

Sorry all, I’m out of the loop. Is this recall for all Broncos I assume?
I'm not 100% sure. I think the 21 models are ok. I received a letter in the mail for mine. You can check with your dealership to be safe. My Bronco was built the first week of February.
Jruta

Rank V

Aug 03, 2022

I made an appointment to get mine done. August 18th. They said they will have a replacement in stock just in case something happens. Said will take about an hour to replace, then a couple hours at the dealership to recalibrate the camera and sensors. I guess we'll see.
How did it go? I have now been 9 days without my Bronco because they Broke my windshield and the one they had broke while it was being installed. I should have known something was gonna be up when after two days they gave me a loaner.
7/13/20 res - 10/8/21 2nd order - 2/25 VIN - 3/1 In Prod - 3/2 Sticker - 3/7 Blend - 3/18 Shipped - 4/2 Picked up
WT, 4DR, MIC, VB, Lux, Leather, Tow

Rank V

Aug 03, 2022

I'm not 100% sure. I think the 21 models are ok. I received a letter in the mail for mine. You can check with your dealership to be safe. My Bronco was built the first week of February.
Yes thankfully that was one benefit of the first year 6th gen bronco, the windshield recall does not apply to 2021s. Its possible some built in 12/21 might fall into that batch but I never received a recall letter in mail.

I remember the airbag recall last year. Our bronco was one of the first batches built (took delivery 9/8/21) but thankfully the airbag recall was traced back to ONE worker folding airbags wrong during a 2-4 week period of time (very few 2021 broncos affected and ours thankfully wasn't one of them).

The new rear door child safety lock recall we didn't worry about taking it in to diagnose because our family is older now dont use em and after testing child locks ourselves both sides worked fine.

We even had our Ford dealer come to our house for first bronco oil change. Any way we can avoid going to service dept we do lol...mainly bc the wife use to be a service writer and fleet manager at our local Ford dealer. She was awesome at it! In fact, that is where we met in service. But you never know what you're gonna get in service, she has lots of stories, so we avoid it unless absolutley necessary.

Resized_20220223_100813.jpeg
2021Bronco☆2.3☆BL☆7MT☆4D☆A51☆SoftT☆ARRIVED 9/9/21☆SOLD 1/21/23☆NT Supports▪Consults▪Supply's Car Dealers, Vehicle Distributors, and Retail Customers Since 1992
Deano Bronc

Home, home on the range

Aug 04, 2022

How did it go? I have now been 9 days without my Bronco because they Broke my windshield and the one they had broke while it was being installed. I should have known something was gonna be up when after two days they gave me a loaner.
Still have 2 weeks before it goes in. Really hoping they don't break it! I have a backup vehicle so wouldn't need a loaner. Hope yours is home soon!

Rank III

Aug 10, 2022

second full day Bronco in the shop to perform the windshield recall.. I did a message on my Ford app on my phone that Pre-Collision Assist is disabled.. So the are obviously doing something...