Full Resolution Shots of the MAD Bronco Sport

David
Nov 20, 2020

Rank VI

Gladesmen

Nov 20, 2020

Man the Sport is looking really good. Love the trailer.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
BroncoinIdaho77, bdawson24

Rank VI

Nov 20, 2020

Love the light bar. Some details I notice; color-matched Bronco logo on grille, yellow tow hooks, custom black wheels (lift?), fender flares, door moldings, canopy, and roof top storage.
TXArchitect - 1719
[O=BRONCO=O]
BroncoinIdaho77, bdawson24

Rank VI

Nov 20, 2020

They did do a lift. The SEMA video covers some of the mods in a little more depth.
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram

Rank VI

Nov 20, 2020

They did do a lift. The SEMA video covers some of the mods in a little more depth.
I missed the video yesterday, is there a link somewhere to view? Thank you.
TXArchitect - 1719
[O=BRONCO=O]

Moab or bust!!!

Nov 20, 2020

I missed the video yesterday, is there a link somewhere to view? Thank you.
The Bronco is towards the end.
The graphics between the actual builds were mostly computer generated stuff and was used more than I would have liked. Still worth watching.

2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
gibsBRonCO, JFord

Rank II

Nov 21, 2020

I just spoke to the guy in charge at MAD (Chris) and he's going to sign-up here soon and answer questions.
MattH88, SlashRacer

Rank VI

Nov 21, 2020

I just spoke to the guy in charge at MAD (Chris) and he's going to sign-up here soon and answer questions.
That’s awesome!
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
SlashRacer

Official unofficial BN Photographer

Nov 22, 2020

Honestly, they made that Sport REALLY appealing - and we know it's very capable from the testing videos we've seen... My only reason for not being interested in one is the tiny little engine .. if they had offered it with the 2.3, I'd probably be interested
Reservation: 7/20/20 | MY '21 order: 2/1/21 | MY '22 order: 10/22/21 | Blend 8/5, built 8/8, 'built' status 8/27, in my driveway 10/12/22
Auto Photographer in Sacramento CA:
www.instagram.com/photographybymarkbrooks
SlashRacer

Rank II

Nov 22, 2020

Yes, the engine size is a concern. With all the highway driving I do, I'd be maxing out the Sport a lot. I'm told Ford has tweaked the 2.0 turbo and transmission to some degree - different than the Escape. How this translates to acceleration and torque is still an unknown. As noted before, I'm still mystified why there has been no mention of highway handling and acceleration on the Sport anywhere -- it's all been 100% about off-roading. Again, odd.

I'm suspecting they will make a Bronco Sport ST at some point. Ford likes to make ST versions of popular vehicles. Put a 2.7 in a "Raptor Sport" and add a tuned suspension... I'd mop the Ford factory floors free for a year! The problem right now is HP and torque. With all the hybrid and electric cars coming out, they can produce an insane amount of torque, so people are expecting a 2021+ vehicle to motivate when needed. The bad thing is a lot of people don't know how to drive with added torque in wet or lose gravel.
JFord, Calgecko

Rank 0

Nov 22, 2020

Hello to all the Bronco Nation members,

To Cyclone Cowboys thread crazy busy but once we got back today and my staff told me we had hundreds of emails I emailed as many back as possible today.

I did get a response from Warren i.e Cyclone Cowboy that informed me of all the interest in our build I replied.

I have been in Detroit and out on locations for several weeks with the MAD Bronco Sport and busy working on new projects.

Please ask away on this, I should be able to respond in a day depending on projects and locations we are working.

I will respond to a few questions

4Wheel Parts Lift and Level
At the current time the Prototype lift which in the 2nd generation based on our testing and driving the vehicle limited amount of time on and off-road.

I have provided many aspects of what we wanted out of this kit.

Ability to adjust front strut for alignment which was the first change that was made to the 2nd gen.

1" front and rear equally

Front
2 piece adjustable front space that goes between strut hat and Strut tower with extended length bolts.

Rear
2 spacers lower under spring with custom lower shock extension bracket and extra Bolt.

We were successful at alignment,
FYI If you go to the alignment shop they most likely will not have specs in the computer yet best to have aligned at a dealer or old school with new school alignment techniques.

We aligned ourselves.

The next question will be how did it drive. Awesome retained O.E. movement and comfort levels

Tire Size this 245/65R17 mounted on a 17x8 wheel with a plus 35 min with no fender flares now I am a perfectionist at the fitment of wheels and tires along with partners to have a custom wheel and offsets made. +35 is great with O.E. fenders

I test fitted 3 tire sizes with the 1" lift and my offset the 245/65R17 fit and did not rub at all driving off-road in Sedona not once this is a 29.5 OD MAX FYI the more aggressive K03 will rub

The tires on those marketing vehicles you see and mention on OE wheels will rub period.

If you purchase the Air Design fender flares +38mm is better and if you can stagger event better but most people do not go the extend I do on fitment.

James T is correct the hardest part was determining the correct level lift as we have a trailer load and we had to emulate the weight in the Cargo area and receiver to come with a 1/4 higher rear end once the cargo, roof, and trailer loads were done. Remember I did this in 3 weeks with no trailer and cargo along with roof gear. It worked out perfect

Any direct emails please again send them to [email protected] be patient.

I know everyone is excited to get their Bronco Sports and worth the wait.

We are extremely happy with the Bronco Sports capabilities, size, comport inside and performance of the 2.0L Badlands.

Best
Chris Mangum
MAD Industries
We are now Arizona based companyMAD Bronco Sport Trail 1.jpg
Broncobuster, TXArchitect

Rank 0

Nov 22, 2020

Hello I see a couple questions about the Engine.

We have the 2.0L in Badlands I ran the Bronco Sport all day in AZ was about 85 degrees the highs.

Most of the day I had the BOREAS Trailer I honestly was blown away, did not feel that almost 2000lb the way I have it set up

FYI the Boreas Camper trailer has independent suspension very very well build trailer.

The Bronco Sport was great on the trail in many different terrains I used Crawl was amazing the film drew fond a location I did not even know about.

That my location I go all the time, normally drive my Raptor and Expedition the found a trail that said no vehicle pass this point (Only ATVs) so I could not even fit in my full size. I was concerned as MAD Bronco Sport as going to be picked up by reliable in 2 days the film crew begged me so I did it. FYI We had a permit so Ranger let us give it go.

The section was narrow and step very step with drops had smooth rock and loose also I went thru the first time and said dam this thing is bad as they all go excited so I did it 6 times remember if I hit or scratch something I am screwed it worked out and I honestly love the Bronco Sport.

I mentioned on the Q&A when you hit a certain departure degree the front camera comes on by itself and shows the way so Cool
JohnWayne

Rank II

Nov 22, 2020

Thanks so much. The rims on the mod. also look great. I am so glad there is a resolution for the lift.

The other big question that everyone has been asking is about highway driving. How is the acceleration, breaking and handling on the highway?

Rank 0

Nov 22, 2020

Also notice in some of the areas we had a 4 person film crew with cinema cameras inside as shown in the photo above not empty testing at all.

Plus that area was the most challenging as they wanted to catch in on film you can see in some of the show I am driving and the display shows the terrain in front of the Bronco Sport

Plus loaded cargo with fridge and gear

Rank 0

Nov 22, 2020

Cyclone I have only driven 5 miles on the highway the transportation company could not get back in Sedona due to restriction so I drove on a side street to fire road.

Note the 4 Wheel technician who was very experienced along with my Son drove it during the installations to test the ride quality along with hitting dips etc as part of 4 wheel parts development

Braking was very good on the Sport and 2.0L runs great you get on it and it moves, very fun to drive.
CycloneCowboy

Rank II

Nov 22, 2020

Here is the chase vehicle concept. I did change back to black as everyone thought it looked like school bus. :)
I also plan to change the side steps to some with more clearance.

Ford-Bronco-Storm-Chasing-Concept-sm.jpg
Broncobuster

Rank 0

Nov 22, 2020

Looks great I agree with side steps plus no location to mount FYI with the unibody construction especially in the center

The front bar I was told Bronco Sprot accessory team is working on a front bar that mounts to the tow hook point.

you will also need to mount the light to some type of roof rack system like a Lock n Load as the Bronco you saw early with the light bar had tabs mounted to the roof rails I would not do that.

We took the headliner down and removed the roof-rail on the driver side drilled under and the base of the rail statically not to hit airbags or wiring that part was time-consuming the mounting was only 30 min on Lock N Load and it is solid.

I don't know how you can mount the RotopX on the side absolutely no area to mount you could make a plate if you have a Lock N Load and custom fab with the correct degree to site and align with the side to fit tight powder coat and would be sick plus removable.
CycloneCowboy

Rank VI

Dec 01, 2020

Here is the chase vehicle concept. I did change back to black as everyone thought it looked like school bus. :)
I also plan to change the side steps to some with more clearance.

View attachment 5781
Totally agree with removing the side steps.
Bronco Nation Member #0000
Instagram: bdawson24

Rank IV

Apr 26, 2021

Yes, the engine size is a concern. With all the highway driving I do, I'd be maxing out the Sport a lot. I'm told Ford has tweaked the 2.0 turbo and transmission to some degree - different than the Escape. How this translates to acceleration and torque is still an unknown. As noted before, I'm still mystified why there has been no mention of highway handling and acceleration on the Sport anywhere -- it's all been 100% about off-roading. Again, odd.

I'm suspecting they will make a Bronco Sport ST at some point. Ford likes to make ST versions of popular vehicles. Put a 2.7 in a "Raptor Sport" and add a tuned suspension... I'd mop the Ford factory floors free for a year! The problem right now is HP and torque. With all the hybrid and electric cars coming out, they can produce an insane amount of torque, so people are expecting a 2021+ vehicle to motivate when needed. The bad thing is a lot of people don't know how to drive with added torque in wet or lose gravel.
I took mine on a short highway run (180 miles) yesterday and it rode like a dream. I have the 1.5L and it has surprised me. I wouldn't say its a powerhouse but the peppy little engine has a lot of go! 20210426_101539.jpgThe best part was the 33mpg!
JohnWayne, Deano Bronc

Rank 0

Aug 30, 2021

20210830_112721.jpg20210830_112745.jpg20210830_112559.jpg
MikeA2315, Jakob1972