Nov 13, 2020

Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
rwhite.ok, Midnight1
Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2020

Moab or bust!!!

Nov 13, 2020

My wife and I spent many nights in the back of our Excursion on the way or at the racetrack.
I know there are areas around the country that don't have mosquitos but I do not live in one of those. My wife would go nuts if we tried to sleep in the back with the top open. haha
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
joe76, bdawson24

Rank VI

Nov 13, 2020

My wife and I spent many nights in the back of our Excursion on the way or at the racetrack.
I know there are areas around the country that don't have mosquitos but I do not live in one of those. My wife would go nuts if we tried to sleep in the back with the top open. haha

Yeah, as a guy from a mosquito infested state, I’d say sleeping in the back with the top off strikes me as a bit...aspirational. Nice to have the room though.
bdawson24, Bronc96

Rank VI

Nov 13, 2020

Here’s what excites me about this though, I’ve got two boys that need somewhere to rack out when we’re on our family adventures. Currently, I’m figuring that I’ll put them in the truck while the Mrs. and I stay in a ground tent or RTT. These boys are growing fast so it’s nice to see plenty of room to spare.
bdawson24, Jakob1972

Rank VI

Nov 13, 2020

I love sleeping in my tent, but my dog is jumpy when he hears the sounds of coyotes or raccoons. This coming summer if he does not calm down, into the Bronco he goes. I will bring along his dog bed with the hope he likes that arrangement. As a last resort, we both sleep in the back of my 2-door. Cozy?!
SuzHansen, Bronc96

Rank II

Nov 13, 2020

I would never dream of sleeping in a partially opened vehicle in today's world, especially here in Arizona. Both animals and ill-intended individuals would be an issue. I had to sleep in my Xterra several times this year when hurricane chasing because I wanted to avoid hotels / COVID. Its just long enough to lay flat with everything closed except for small openings in the windows. I'm 5'-11." I believe the Sport is about 5"-7" too short and there are still questions about the rear seats folding flat. It's possible the front seats will move forward to compensate. This will all need to be confirmed.
Chief1301, LoneRanger

Rank IV

Nov 13, 2020

I wonder how easy it would be to remove the front passenger seat, or maybe just the front passenger seat back. That way one could extend the sleeping length to the dash. I did that in my Jeep JKU. Course the passenger seat air bag dash warning light stayed lit. Just removing the seat back might be easier and safer.

Rank II

Nov 13, 2020

It's obvious Ford is getting some feedback about the Sport and Big Bronco length and "sleeping" or they would not be addressing this issue, including a lot of pictures showing the top tent with the scary ladder. I'll bet the Sport grows 6-7 inches in the future like Pinocchio's nose. :)
Bronc96, BuzzyBud

Rank V

Nov 14, 2020

56E41D41-3931-4F38-9058-A35C1BB3C6D4.jpeg
BN #702
Utah.bronco on IG
AzBronc, KennyMac

Rank VI

Nov 14, 2020

Yeah, as a guy from a mosquito infested state, I’d say sleeping in the back with the top off strikes me as a bit...aspirational. Nice to have the room though.
I am with you on this one. Down in the Carolinas that endeavor might be short lived...love the idea though! :)
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
Deano Bronc

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Nov 14, 2020

I am with you on this one. Down in the Carolinas that endeavor might be short lived...love the idea though! :)
Just make a bug screen from tent mesh material that you can stretch over the top and tuck down under the end of the extendable tailgate.
Bronc96

Rank VI

Nov 14, 2020

Just make a bug screen from tent mesh material that you can stretch over the top and tuck down under the end of the extendable tailgate.

That could be cool. Something magnetized that’s easy to get off and on. You couldn’t stick it to the body since it’s aluminum but the pillars take a magnet and you might be able to get to something sticky on the undercarriage.
Bronc96, Deano Bronc

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Nov 14, 2020

That could be cool. Something magnetized that’s easy to get off and on. You couldn’t stick it to the body since it’s aluminum but the pillars take a magnet and you might be able to get to something sticky on the undercarriage.
Maybe I need to make a prototype and get a patent!
Gbecker, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Nov 14, 2020

Now that's an idea! I like it!
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue

Rank VI

Nov 14, 2020

Do it, I'd buy one.
Raptor w/ lux package, orange belts. Code Orange.
BN #306
Bronc96, BuzzyBud

Rank IV

Nov 15, 2020

Velcro?
Deano Bronc, Bronc96

Rank 0

Nov 17, 2020

Double check the accessories section. You might be able to camp with top removed in any Mosquito infested areas if you buy the Top, Soft Mesh (Bimini) - Throw-In, Four-Door listed for $399. I just saw this earlier today for the first time. Not sure how long it will hold up after installing and removing several times I would expect to make some tears in the mesh but it is available. It also only covers the top so if you keep the doors on you just need to worry about the rear.

Rank VI

Nov 17, 2020

Super stoked the wife and I can sleep in the back of our 4 door! This is one of the main reasons we are going 4 door over 2. Glad the dimensions were posted as well so that We can buy an air mattress ahead of time and know how much room we have to work with!
Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Nov 20, 2020

I still like tent camping but surely see advantages to the big back end.
TXArchitect - 1719
[O=BRONCO=O]

Rank VI

Nov 20, 2020

Is there some sort of attraction to sleeping in your vehicle that I'm missing? I mean its cool in concept, but by the time you accessorized the experience so that its comfortable and you're protected from insects, wouldn't it just be easier to have an inexpensive tent and and an air or foam mattress?
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115