Ford Updates FAQs on the Bronco Site - Dealer Selection Cutoff Moved to 19MAR

David
Dec 15, 2020

Rank VI

Dec 15, 2020

This morning Ford updated the Bronco FAQ page with information, reflecting the Bronco Nation Q&A that we posted last night. You can find the new FAQ page at https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/reservation-information/#faqs

Updated FAQs are below:

Reservation FAQs

Will my configuration from Build & Price be sent to my dealer?

No. Bronco reservation holders should use the Build & Price tool to support their upcoming order consultation. Recommend printing and saving a copy to share with your dealer during ordering process.

What is a reservation?

A reservation lets you be among the first to order a new Bronco from Ford with a refundable Reservation Deposit. It is not an actual order and does not guarantee delivery.

What steps are required to complete my reservation?

Go online and select your preferred configuration, create a Ford Account, select your preferred dealer and enter your credit/debit card details and address. A confirmation receipt will be sent to the email address you provide. *

What is a Ford Account and why do I need one?

A Ford Account lets you sign in to the Ford website to save and manage your personal and reservation information. You need to create a Ford Account to reserve your Bronco. Reservations can also be tracked in your Ford Account at owner.ford.com/. *

How much will it cost to reserve a Bronco?

Reservations cost $100 for each model.

Is the $100 reservation fee refundable?

Yes, reservation fees are refunded with reservation cancellation.

Will reservations be fulfilled in the order placed?

Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received using timestamp, however, actual delivery may vary based upon a number of factors including vehicle model and configuration selected, part constraints, and the number of Bronco vehicles your dealer will receive.

When will customers be able to convert their reservations to order?

Order conversion process will now begin in mid-January and run thru March 19, 2021. Customers should expect their selected dealer to schedule an order consultation to complete their configuration, agree on selling price, and place the order.

Can I select any Ford Dealer?

Only Ford Dealers that are eligible and have activated online reservations can be selected. The eligible dealers will be provided based on your ZIP code, or you can enter the name of your preferred Ford Dealer and be matched to them.

Will you share my reservation information with my dealer?

Your reservation information will be shared with the dealer you select at the time of reservation. Please see our privacy policy at ford.com/help/privacy for additional information.*

Can I make changes to my reservation?

You will be able to make changes and complete your Bronco configuration at the time you place your order.* The order conversion process will now begin in mid-January and run through March 19, 2021. Customers should expect their selected dealer to schedule an order consultation to complete their configuration, agree on selling price, and place the order.

Can I cancel my reservation?

Yes. You can cancel your reservation at any time and receive a full refund.* You can do this in your account at ford.com. If for some reason you can’t process the cancellation online, you can contact a Ford Customer Experience Representative at 800-392-3673 (Ford U.S.). After canceling, allow seven to 10 business days for the reservation deposit to be credited to your original form of payment. Once you progress from a reservation to an order with a dealer, however, cancellation requests would be at that dealer’s discretion.

What happens to the reservation deposit once I order?

See your dealer for details. The reservation deposit should be credited or refunded based on customer preference.

When will I take delivery of my vehicle?

Bronco deliveries begin summer 2021 and will extend through 2022 calendar year. We anticipate some customers will receive a 22MY Bronco. Actual delivery times will vary based on reservation timestamp, vehicle model and configuration selected, part constraints, and the number of Bronco vehicles your dealer will receive. In May 2021 you will receive an estimated delivery window based on final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos.

Am I buying this vehicle directly from Ford?

No. The purchase agreement will be between you and the dealer, not you and Ford.

Can I make additional reservations and can I transfer my reservation?

Up to two reservations per account. Your reservation number is assigned to you, but can be transferred to a member of your household at time of order placement.

What happens if my order is not built in 21MY?

Due to the high number of Bronco two- and four-door reservations, deliveries may extend into the 2022 calendar year. We anticipate some customers will receive a 22MY Bronco. In this scenario, customers will work with their dealer to replace their 21MY order but will have access to any product improvements for 22MY. Their reservation timestamp will remain with their order.

Can Customers update their dealer selection for their reservation?

Customers may reach out to Ford Customer Support at (800) 334-4375 for assistance in updating their dealer selection through March 19, 2021. In changing dealers, there will be no impact to a customer's reservation ID, vehicle details, or the associated timestamp.

I already changed my dealer once, can I update my dealer selection again?

Yes. Customers may reach out to Ford Customer Support at (800) 334-4375 for assistance in updating their dealer selection through March 19, 2021. In changing dealers, there will be no impact to a customer's reservation ID, vehicle details, or the associated timestamp.

Is the 2021 Bronco two-and four-door launch delayed into Summer? What happened to “Spring 2021”?

Yes, given the COVID-19 pandemic, customer deliveries of the new Bronco will now begin next summer.

I thought the order conversions were beginning in December. Now I understand it’s mid-January, meaning customer orders will be even later. Why the delay? And will it delay vehicle deliveries?

Given the COVID-19 pandemic, Bronco ordering will now start in mid-January, with customer deliveries now starting next summer.

Will orders be built in the order that reservations were received?

Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received, based on final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos. Due to the high number of Bronco two-door and four-door reservations, deliveries will extend into the 2022 calendar year.

Will I be able to convert my reservation to order on Ford.com?

No. Process of placing your formal order is handled by your selected dealer. Your Ford Dealer will begin reaching out to you in mid-January to schedule an order consultation and take your order.

DISCLAIMER:

*By completing the Reservation Process, you are not ordering or purchasing a vehicle. Participation in the Program does not guarantee you vehicle delivery. Your Reservation does not guarantee a set price for the Vehicle.

Product FAQs

Why can’t I get a painted hardtop roof at launch?

Due to unprecedented demand and to ensure a smooth and high-quality launch, we are making the painted hardtop a late availability feature for 21MY. Build & Price will be updated at that time.

What roofs are now standard for the Bronco two-door and four-door First Edition, and Wildtrak series?

First Edition and Wildtrak will come standard with a Carbonized Gray molded-in-color hardtop.

Why isn’t the Sasquatch manual transmission available in the Build & Price?

As mentioned in our announcement, Sasquatch expanding to manual transmission-equipped Bronco models will now be a 2022 model year option. Build & Price will be updated at that time.

Why do certain models prohibit some accessories?

We have a Bronco for every customer. Many Bronco accessory items can be added during or after vehicle delivery at the dealer. We engineered Bronco for maximum off-road capability and GVWR restrictions may limit combinations of certain accessories.

Has the delay to Summer 2021 enabled the late-availability Sasquatch package and manual transmission configuration to catch up?

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the entire Bronco production launch schedule shifted, now pushing the manual transmission Bronco models with available Sasquatch package into 2022 model year.

Is Navy Pier interior option still available for Bronco 2- and 4-door First Edition?

Yes. The all black interior is an incremental option. Navy Pier is still available.
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
vintage, Chief1301
Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2020

Rank VI

Dec 15, 2020

Important to note here that dealer selection cutoff has been pushed to March 19th.
vintage, Bronc96

Rank I

Dec 15, 2020

So lets say I convert my reservation by 3/19 and it turns out that my Bronco will not be built till 22 and they add new options for that year say painted tops will I be able to take advantage of this?

Rank VI

Dec 15, 2020

So lets say I convert my reservation by 3/19 and it turns out that my Bronco will not be built till 22 and they add new options for that year say painted tops will I be able to take advantage of this?

Per our Q&A with Ford that was published yesterday, your order can be edited by your dealer until it is scheduled for production.
vintage

Rank III

Dec 15, 2020

Directly from the above FAQs:

What happens if my order is not built in 21MY?

Due to the high number of Bronco two- and four-door reservations, deliveries may extend into the 2022 calendar year. We anticipate some customers will receive a 22MY Bronco. In this scenario, customers will work with their dealer to replace their 21MY order but will have access to any product improvements for 22MY. Their reservation timestamp will remain with their order.
Deano Bronc

Trusted and Carefree

Dec 15, 2020

FWIW- I changed my dealer to the one Im gonna use yesterday. It was a super easy process- just called the number and Ford took care of it. The new dealer called me about 30 seconds after I got the confirmation email (one of the reasons I chose them).
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco
Pakrat, Bronc96

Rank VI

Dec 15, 2020

I did not reserve till Oct 30th so I am sure mine is a MY22 now. Maybe it can come with a colored hard top? maybe Mansquach? We shall see . . . .;)
TXArchitect - 1719
[O=BRONCO=O]
Bronc96, Deano Bronc

Trusted and Carefree

Dec 15, 2020

I did not reserve till Oct 30th so I am sure mine is a MY22 now. Maybe it can come with a colored hard top? maybe Mansquach? We shall see . . . .;)
Im in the same boat. I've made my peace with it. And Im going to get the White Hard Top (y)
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco
BroncoTamara, Bronc96

Rank VI

Dec 16, 2020

Im in the same boat. I've made my peace with it. And Im going to get the White Hard Top (y)
Me too, going Velocity Blue and now might be able to pair with the white top. Rewards come to those who wait! :)
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
Gottahavabronco, SKetelaar

Road trip!!!

Dec 16, 2020

Actual delivery times will vary based on reservation timestamp, vehicle model and configuration selected, part constraints, and the number of Bronco vehicles your dealer will receive.

Key wording right there. Also known as Dealership allocation. Check with your dealership and ask them how many Bronco deliveries they will be allowed per month/quarter.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
vintage, BuzzyBud

Rank V

Dec 16, 2020

Key wording right there. Also known as Dealership allocation. Check with your dealership and ask them how many Bronco deliveries they will be allowed per month/quarter.
Not sure if it is better that your dealer is to get a bunch of Broncos or if yours is one of only a few. Small orders might get that dealer put at the end of the line. Ideas?
Cactus Gray 4D WT LUX MIC Mod Bumper
7/14/20 reservation, 1/26/21 order, 10/21/21 re-order, 8/22/22 delivery
769 DAYS!!

Road trip!!!

Dec 16, 2020

Not sure if it is better that your dealer is to get a bunch of Broncos or if yours is one of only a few. Small orders might get that dealer put at the end of the line. Ideas?

Everything is speculation. Only Ford knows how many each dealer will be allocated.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
Deano Bronc

Rank V

Dec 16, 2020

"Your Reservation does not guarantee a set price for the Vehicle."
I found some vids on youtube done by a guy from a dealer in Pell City, AL who said reservation holders were locked into MSRP, which had given me hope. We'll see what happens at my dealer during order conversion next month, but if they try to pull anything but, I'll be calling around and willing to drive or fly. The potential for dealer markup based on high demand is apparently real.
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow
BuzzyBud, Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Feb 19, 2021

"Your Reservation does not guarantee a set price for the Vehicle."
I found some vids on youtube done by a guy from a dealer in Pell City, AL who said reservation holders were locked into MSRP, which had given me hope. We'll see what happens at my dealer during order conversion next month, but if they try to pull anything but, I'll be calling around and willing to drive or fly. The potential for dealer markup based on high demand is apparently real.

My dealer told me what I’ll be paying is MSRP, taxes, registration fees, delivery and doc fees. No dealership markup i personally asked about that and recorded down the employees name to ensure that on pick up.
Deano Bronc, KennyMac

Rank V

Feb 19, 2021

My dealer told me what I’ll be paying is MSRP, taxes, registration fees, delivery and doc fees. No dealership markup i personally asked about that and recorded down the employees name to ensure that on pick up.
That's great, I happily accepted the same deal at my dealer. Some folks are getting charged more, some getting better deals, but MSRP is still a deal given current demand. There's a good sticky poll on the subject.

https://community.thebronconation.com/forums/threads/are-you-happy-with-your-final-price.2999/
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow

Rank IV

Feb 19, 2021

That's great, I happily accepted the same deal at my dealer. Some folks are getting charged more, some getting better deals, but MSRP is still a deal given current demand. There's a good sticky poll on the subject.

https://community.thebronconation.com/forums/threads/are-you-happy-with-your-final-price.2999/

I lied my invoice says $2,200 less then msrp
Deano Bronc, KennyMac