Ford Pushing MY23

ahammett
Jul 29, 2022

Rank V

Jul 29, 2022

I ordered my Bronco in Oct 21 for MY22. It’s 4DR SquatchTrak with Luxe package. Originally I had a hard top and tow package, but at Fords suggestion I removed them.

I’ve been growing ever impatient. When I ordered I was told 6-12 months and were approaching month 10.

My dealer provides next to zero insight as they’re getting nothing from Ford. So I’ve been following up with Ford via chat and the Bronco “support line”.

when pushing the chat rep she kept asking me if the dealer had asked about switching my order to MY23. She kept telling me the bank opening dates haven’t been released, but I know the dealer has them as I’ve seen the list. I told her I wanted to speak with someone, actually talk not via chat so she referred me to the “support line”.

I called them yesterday and he told me if I do not get a production date in the next two to three weeks my Bronco probably isn’t getting made this year and he suggested ordering a MY23.

Their Instagram account provided no help. They dodged the question. But said they would send me a shirt for my patience. I figured it was futile but I’m getting desperate here.

Anyone else hearing the same? How many are switching and how many are going to stick it out in hopes of getting their order?
ChickasawNDN, DorkV8er
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2022

Rank VI

Jul 29, 2022

There's another thread saying they are not pushing anyone, and in another thread someone else already told they were being pushed. So, the answer to the question is...there is conflicting information. You can be assured though, you'll know in time, but not based on your timeline.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
the poacher, SuperMike

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

Jul 29, 2022

Well, 10 months is still within your 6-12 month window. You're going to have to order a MY23 if you don't get a build date before August 15th. Look at as an opportunity to weight their new options and colors. Of course, I don't know what your price protection status is, so you may have to shell out a little more for any big changes to your existing order. Crossing fingers for you, either way.
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
Bronco Hueso, the poacher

Life is a Highway

Jul 29, 2022

I reserved a year before you ordered and placed my second order when you did your first. There is a very good chance I will be bumped to a MY 23. Expect nothing less and be pleasantly surprised if your not. Kinda just the way it is

Rank VI

Aug 02, 2022

Am I the only one starting to worry about the order banks re-opening in 2 weeks? It feels like last year we already knew what to expect and what the process was going to be at this point. I mean, SURELY we'll get some type of communication (but I'm not holding my breath). I don't trust my dealer at all regarding communications. @Laura , have you guys heard anything about what the re-order process for 2023 will be?

Life is a Highway

Aug 02, 2022

Am I the only one starting to worry about the order banks re-opening in 2 weeks? It feels like last year we already knew what to expect and what the process was going to be at this point. I mean, SURELY we'll get some type of communication (but I'm not holding my breath). I don't trust my dealer at all regarding communications. @Laura , have you guys heard anything about what the re-order process for 2023 will be?
Well we already know about price protection for the early reservation and order holders, pre 3/16/21. And the build guides will be released either just prior to or at the same time as they open it up for submitting yours orders. If it is like last time there will be a period of time between MY22 last pull for build and first pull for MY23 builds. You will have time to know if you are getting pulled or if you have to resubmit your order for MY23.
Deano Bronc

Rank V

Aug 02, 2022

If you get pushed to 23 I would add back the things you removed and get what you really want.

Rank VI

Aug 02, 2022

You are not the only one starting to worry. However, a dealer I have been speaking with told me Saturday that the order banks now open in September. He sent me a screenshot of what they received from Ford, showing all of the order bank open dates.

My concern is that if we do not get pulled for a MY22 build and have to reorder a MY23, how that is going to work. I am hearing a lot from dealers that we have to submit an entirely new order versus how Ford did it last year. If this is the case, I sure hope Ford has a way to prioritize those of us that already had an order in the system versus those that are brand new orders.
2022 | Badlands | Carbonized Grey | 4 Dr | 2.7 L | Lux | Leather Trim | Mod Bumper | Soft Top
Order: 3/4/22 | Build: 9/23 | Arrival: 10/17 | Purchased: 10/18 | Delivered: 12/9/22
SuperMike

Rank VI

Aug 02, 2022

You are not the only one starting to worry. However, a dealer I have been speaking with told me Saturday that the order banks now open in September. He sent me a screenshot of what they received from Ford, showing all of the order bank open dates.

My concern is that if we do not get pulled for a MY22 build and have to reorder a MY23, how that is going to work. I am hearing a lot from dealers that we have to submit an entirely new order versus how Ford did it last year. If this is the case, I sure hope Ford has a way to prioritize those of us that already had an order in the system versus those that are brand new orders.

If I remember correctly, last year order banks for MY 22 didn't open until September or October. And I vaguely remember scheduling being pulled into September or October as well. My build was pulled middle of August. I also wouldn't expect Ford to prioritize reservation dates like everyone hopes they will. Yes your reservation date will be a factor, but that's just one of many, then you go into Dealer Allocation and Buildability.

And for anyone who's been in the game for 6 months or so, all I can say is get in line. It took mine 16 months from time of reservation (day 2), and we STILL have people waiting since July 2020 on their vehicles. You have the choice, like everyone else has, remove constraints if you really want it quicker (possibly). You can always go to cars.com or autotrader or any other search and find a ton of Broncos that A-holes flipped, probably never had any intention of keeping it but to make a quick buck. Anyways, I digress :rolleyes:
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.
Bronco Hueso, 210superair
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Aug 02, 2022

Not yet; it's been different for us this time around.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
Norderwurm, SuperMike

Rank V

Aug 02, 2022

If you get pushed to 23 I would add back the things you removed and get what you really want.

At this point I’m fine with getting my 7/20/20 reservation push to a 2023 and if so I switch from an OBX to an Everglades as my Bronco will be spending 6+ months each year in SW Florida starting in the fall of 2023. Maybe I’ll have it by then.
Bronco Hueso, mbelding0512

Rank V

Aug 02, 2022

I honestly have no idea what to expect, or when to expect it. I have the very unfavorable situation of having put my reservation in back in May of '21 (See dates below), but having my dealership SIT ON IT and NOT place my order until the MY'22 banks opened, because THEY had no allocation. :mad: Of course, they did not TELL ME when I went in to place my order that they had no more allocation for MY21 and that they weren't allowed to put in more, they just said it would be a month or so. So they took my $1000 and basically tied me up with it, since changing dealerships is like moving Mt. Rushmore. So despite my May reservation, my actual order didn't 'officially' go in until last October, when MY22 opened up. And even then I had to nag them for 3 days to get it done.

As I've noted many times, this was originally NO big deal for me, because this was not supposed to be my primary vehicle. But when my Taurus engine blew last November (at 90k miles), it became more urgent. But even then, I refuse to modify my order to benefit Ford so they can push more out. You sold it to me -- build it!

If I get pushed to a MY23, then fine... whatever. JUST BUILD IT PLEASE. The only/major issue I'll have is if I see big reductions in features or if my selected paint color goes away. Then I'll be PO'd.
Wildtrak ⁞ 4 DR ⁞ HOSS 3.0 ⁞ Area51 ⁞ Lux+Leather ⁞ Tow ⁞ MIC+Sunrider Top ⁞ Res 5/11/21, Rec'd 9/30/22
HeyDobby, TK1215

Rank V

Aug 02, 2022

TOTALLY AGREE...I AM
the poacher

Rank V

Aug 02, 2022

I'm definitely feeling it for the folks with the long long reservation dates back into the late 20th c. it seems. Those that have stuck it out have to be pulling their hair now, especially when they see delivery of similar builds with reservation dates in Feb. of 22. This actually give me there oct grief cause the I say to myself, "well maybe I'll be getting pulled soon as well". That's a cruel trick to play on yourself.

I've been wanting a Bronco for 10 years (more really, but the last 10 especially), and with the 6th generation, I'm waiting to get the EXACT one I want. My dealer said I'd probably be getting a MY23 so I've been warned, and have set my internal clock to not expect to hear a damn thing till probably after November of '22, best case. I've posted all of this before, and nothing has changed my mind yet.

At some point I will reach out to my dealer, and ask questions, but at just 5 months in, I'm not getting antsy (much), and won't call or email him till the 8-9 month anniversary. I'd ask the questions about their time estimates based on their current vehicle delivery rate, shed some light on my place in your allocation line pretty please, and what's my realistic timeline expectation of getting my vehicle ??
2Dr Badlands, manual, 322A, Iconic Silver, baby seal leather seat covers, reserved 2-24-22, stickered/blend date 9/30/22
JIOxfordWhite, the poacher

Rank V

Aug 02, 2022

EXACTLY WHAT I JUST DID
the poacher, Marmot

Grumpy Young Man

Aug 02, 2022

I hope ford continues to only let unfulfilled order holders to have a chance to order the Braptor.

Rank VI

Aug 02, 2022

Not me. I hope they go to the highest bidder. We live in a capitalist society, so money talks!
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
LoneRanger, Oldhippie

Rank V

Aug 03, 2022

All I can say is, worth the wait...
giphy.gif
BuckYeah, Marmot

Rank III

Aug 03, 2022

Was told today by sales guy at Landmark that i have price protection for my 11/15/21 order. in an email. on record. but he definitely seems prepared to push to MY23.
SittinWaitinWatchin.'22 Outer Banks 4D Velocity Blue Outer Banks LuxSquatch
05 Escape LTD-RIP 86 Bronco II&97 Explorer

Rank V

Aug 03, 2022

I hope ford continues to only let unfulfilled order holders to have a chance to order the Braptor.
Seems if they can't build a bronco in 2 yrs how much fast is a new build .?