Ford Perimeter Plus

Forditude
Mar 04, 2022

Rank IV

Mar 04, 2022

I ordered the Perimeter Plus directly from Ford and took the Bronco to the dealership to have it installed. Dealer has been great - Accessories manager said the part I ordered was the right part but it didn’t fit. After coordinating with FOMOCO, the dealer said they ordered an additional adapter harness and when I brought the Bronco back a second time, the install went great. Took a couple of hours as no one is really familiar with the Bronco yet (I guess]. The alarm works really well and it someone bumps the truck I also get an alert on my Ford Pass App.

Bonus, I now have remote start on my Base Bronco from the keyfob (I was using Ford Pass previously) .

Kudos to Northside Ford for honoring the $50 install advertised online and for working with Ford to get the install right.

P/N: ML3Z-19A361-A

Attachments

Cactus Gray, 4Dr, Basesquatch, Mod Bumper, Aux Switches, Roof Rack: Reservation: 13 JUL 21 / 1st Order: 12 JUL 21 / 2nd Order: 21 OCT 21 / Build: 13 JAN 22 / Shipped: 20 JAN 22 / Delivered: 2 FEB 22
emkayw, LR48
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 04, 2022

No Ragerts

Mar 04, 2022

Glad you got it worked out & thanks for posting the details so others can learn from you findings!
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
AD BRONCO, Hobgoblin

Rank VI

Mar 04, 2022

That is great information. Glad to see more accessory information coming into the forum. Will watch this thread for more updates!

Rank IV

Apr 30, 2022

It might be a dumb question! But, will the perimeter alarm protect the tires from been removed?

Rank IV

May 03, 2022

It might be a dumb question! But, will the perimeter alarm protect the tires from been removed?
I don’t think so except to say that it’s pretty sensitive...any bump on the outside of the Bronco sets off the alarm and pings me on my Ford App.
Cactus Gray, 4Dr, Basesquatch, Mod Bumper, Aux Switches, Roof Rack: Reservation: 13 JUL 21 / 1st Order: 12 JUL 21 / 2nd Order: 21 OCT 21 / Build: 13 JAN 22 / Shipped: 20 JAN 22 / Delivered: 2 FEB 22
AD BRONCO

Rank IV

May 03, 2022

I don’t think so except to say that it’s pretty sensitive...any bump on the outside of the Bronco sets off the alarm and pings me on my Ford App.
Thanks for replying! Do you have to activate or automatically turns on when you lock it?

Rank IV

May 09, 2022

The system arms when you hit the lock button. It also comes with a window decal if that matters to you and there is an LED kit you can add as well to indicate the vehicle alarm is active.

Hope this helps.
Hobgoblin, AD BRONCO

Rank III

Jul 12, 2022

I ordered the Perimeter Plus directly from Ford and took the Bronco to the dealership to have it installed. Dealer has been great - Accessories manager said the part I ordered was the right part but it didn’t fit. After coordinating with FOMOCO, the dealer said they ordered an additional adapter harness and when I brought the Bronco back a second time, the install went great. Took a couple of hours as no one is really familiar with the Bronco yet (I guess]. The alarm works really well and it someone bumps the truck I also get an alert on my Ford Pass App.

Bonus, I now have remote start on my Base Bronco from the keyfob (I was using Ford Pass previously) .

Kudos to Northside Ford for honoring the $50 install advertised online and for working with Ford to get the install right.

P/N: ML3Z-19A361-A

I just got this alarm and they said they set it to the most sensitive but it didn’t matter what I did to the rig it wouldn’t alert me. I think they turned it down instead of up lol. I turned the button quite a few revolutions and finally got it to beep if I hit the fender or tried to open the door.

I have a few questions if you don’t mind.

Am I turning the right button? Does it ever stop turning? I want it as sensitive as I can get it but don’t want to break it or strip it out.

Attachments