Ford Performance 2021 Outer Banks with Lux Walk-Around

Laura
Mar 30, 2021
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Mar 30, 2021

What does a 2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks with Lux look like once it has passed through the hands of Ford Performance?

Matt runs over the details in this video and brings awareness to some of the accessories available in the Ford catalog. Of course, there will be tons of other aftermarket options coming, but seeing these may spark your imagination toward your own build.

The Rapid Red body has been accented with gloss and matte black, for aesthetics and function. The team chose to use contrasting MIC Air Design fender flares, instead of the body-matched standards. Bedlined rock rails and a set of rocker guards have been installed, as well as a pair of Rigid lights and a light bar. A Bestop soft top covers the Bronco, and the heavy-duty modular bumper has been used on the front. The tow package, with its 3,500 lb. capacity, has been added, and also not standard are the 17” Method wheels, designed for low-pressure gripping, dressed in 33” Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ tires. Inside, leather Roast seats are tucked under seat covers.

Watch the walk around for more exterior and interior details. One thing to note: this is an early build and the leather seats are manually adjusted, leather seats will be power adjusted in production models.

Convo starter: What are you looking forward to using the MOLLE system for? I never mounted my Maglight to the passenger footwell with the clips I got as planned – because, well, lazy – and I could see a good use for it there, even though the floor between the seat and door HAS worked for all these years.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
Steve777468, Luvbug
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 06, 2021

Rank VI

Mar 30, 2021

Steve777468, Bronc96
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Mar 30, 2021

Yeah, that's a good one. For awhile, that wasn't something I carried :oops: Then I got smarter.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Steve777468, Bronc96

Home, home on the range

Mar 30, 2021

I usually have a small box of first aid type stuff somewhere in the vehicle. Not a lot of stuff just band-aids, triple antibiotic ointment, alcohol swabs, and hydrocortisone cream.
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
Steve777468, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Mar 30, 2021

Sometimes the most important contents in our first aid kit are for our 4 legged companions.

Pet Supplies : Adventure Medical Kits Adventure Dog Series Heeler First Aid Kit (Pack of 2) : Amazon.com
2ndGenBroncoOwner, Bronc96

Home, home on the range

Mar 30, 2021

If the dogs come along I make sure to bring guaze pads, vet wrap, and needle nose plyers (used to have a dog that was a magnet for porcupines)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
Steve777468, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Mar 31, 2021

I recently picked up some of the Mountainsmith water bottles that have a Velcro strap that can be used to affix it to the molle grid. Picked up some bottles for them as well.

The bottle holder is on clearance at REI.com outlet and the bottle is a double walled insulated bottle from Prometheus Design Werks.

1617151820370.jpeg

Attachments

broncoCrzy, Gutter Clown

Rank VI

Mar 31, 2021

Not sure what I will use the Molle system for but I ordered rapid red so it gave me some good ideas of what I can do to my wildtrak. The bronze wheels and hood wrap aesthetically I thought were sharp.
21 Wildtrak, Rapid Red, MIC, Tow, Lux, side steps, Built 12/21 delivered 3/22
Gutter Clown, ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Mar 31, 2021

What does a 2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks with Lux look like once it has passed through the hands of Ford Performance?

Matt runs over the details in this video and brings awareness to some of the accessories available in the Ford catalog. Of course, there will be tons of other aftermarket options coming, but seeing these may spark your imagination toward your own build.

The Rapid Red body has been accented with gloss and matte black, for aesthetics and function. The team chose to use contrasting MIC Air Design fender flares, instead of the body-matched standards. Bedlined rock rails and a set of rocker guards have been installed, as well as a pair of Rigid lights and a light bar. A Bestop soft top covers the Bronco, and the heavy-duty modular bumper has been used on the front. The tow package, with its 3,500 lb. capacity, has been added, and also not standard are the 17” Method wheels, designed for low-pressure gripping, dressed in 33” Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ tires. Inside, leather Roast seats are tucked under seat covers.

Watch the walk around for more exterior and interior details.

Convo starter: What are you looking forward to using the MOLLE system for? I never mounted my Maglight to the passenger footwell with the clips I got as planned – because, well, lazy – and I could see a good use for it there, even though the floor between the seat and door HAS worked for all these years.
I ordered a 2-door OBX/SAS/Rapid Red and am pretty excited to see this video. I think the hood is very cool in matte black and I especially like the Bronco letters and tire beauty rings in matching Rapid Red.
7/14: Outer Banks, Eruption Green, Lux Package, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Roof Rack, Towing Package, HD Modular front bumper, AUX switches
TK1215, Gutter Clown
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Mar 31, 2021

I ordered a 2-door OBX/SAS/Rapid Red and am pretty excited to see this video. I think the hood is very cool in matte black and I especially like the Bronco letters and tire beauty rings in matching Rapid Red.
The non-reflective hood is sweet. I can't wait to get under some of these and peek around. I'm into exterior details more than interior, gives me more to talk about with my dad. He was giving me some good stories on some these features the other day (the hood release, axles, etc.).
ATC Enthusiast, Gutter Clown

Rank VI

Mar 31, 2021

The non-reflective hood is sweet. I can't wait to get under some of these and peek around. I'm into exterior details more than interior, gives me more to talk about with my dad. He was giving me some good stories on some these features the other day (the hood release, axles, etc.).
Are there concerns about the Bronco hood release? I owned two Jeeps and although I never upgraded the hood latches, I was always mindful if I saw hood flutter that I would have to upgrade.
7/14: Outer Banks, Eruption Green, Lux Package, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Roof Rack, Towing Package, HD Modular front bumper, AUX switches
Gutter Clown
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Mar 31, 2021

Are there concerns about the Bronco hood release? I owned two Jeeps and although I never upgraded the hood latches, I was always mindful if I saw hood flutter that I would have to upgrade.
No, it works great. Just make sure of its position before you start driving :p By eliminating the second latch, if someone pulls the release twice, popping the hood, but doesn't shut it before driving, they may be sad at the outcome. Lincolns saw some smashed windshields that way.
TK1215

Rank VI

Mar 31, 2021

No, it works great. Just make sure of its position before you start driving :p By eliminating the second latch, if someone pulls the release twice, popping the hood, but doesn't shut it before driving, they may be sad at the outcome. Lincolns saw some smashed windshields that way.
Great points, Laura!
14U, TK1215
OBXBroncoGuy

Mar 31, 2021

IF you, @David or the rest of the team run across a 2D cyber orange OB with Lux, tow, 2.7, roasted leather, Could you please take pictures for me?? Just to tie me over till May..or till I get the darn thing. The other colors are nice, but really wish you guys can show more of the cyber
David, Laura

Rank 0

Apr 13, 2021

I might have missed it, but did he talk about any suspension mods to fit the 295/70r17 tires?

Rank V

Apr 13, 2021

Sometimes the most important contents in our first aid kit are for our 4 legged companions.

Pet Supplies : Adventure Medical Kits Adventure Dog Series Heeler First Aid Kit (Pack of 2) : Amazon.com

I like to make sure that my buddy Bruin is Molle enabled too. He carries his own water and first aid when we go on our adventures.

Attachments

2021 Bronco First Edition - Lightning Blue - Black Interior - 4-door
Also in the Driveway: 2020 Ford Expedition Platinum, 2019 Ford Edge Titanium,
Deano Bronc, Sdakotabronco

Rank V

Apr 14, 2021

I suspect many Bronco owners will opt for a light bar placed at the top of the windshield. Especially those owners who engage in high-speed desert runs. Besides, it can look wicked cool.

However, before you set your heart on that placement location, you might want to look at the following video from “Last Line of Defense”. I advanced it to 7:36 where Mike begins talking about his two light bars with the pros and cons. Keep in mind, Mike’s wind deflector helps with reflections which some owners may not have.

To aid in flushing out the issue of reflections off the dash, hood, or other aftermarket attachments on your front bumper, I have attached a second video. Hope this helps.

@BuzzyBud - that would tie in with the matte black Vinyl wrap on the hood of the Ford performance build.
2021 Bronco First Edition - Lightning Blue - Black Interior - 4-door
Also in the Driveway: 2020 Ford Expedition Platinum, 2019 Ford Edge Titanium,
Soupcook, BuzzyBud

Rank 0

Apr 15, 2021

Watch the walk around for more exterior and interior details. One thing to note: this is an early build and the leather seats are manually adjusted, leather seats will be power adjusted in production models.

Question - Did you have to do a lift or any other modifications to fit those nice 17” wheels and 33’s on the OBX ?
Lakesinai