Ford increasing prices in a shady Build and Price update

Calgecko
Dec 21, 2020

Official unofficial BN Photographer

Dec 21, 2020

for months, people have been asking about the pricing on the 2.7L upgrade, and whether the automatic transmission was part of the pricing for the engine, and we've been told "yes", that's part of the price - today, in an update to Build and Price - if you select the 2.7L engine, you now also get charged an additional $1595.00 for the automatic transmission. I swear, Ford is trying to push our buttons to see how far they can push us before we bail.
Reservation: 7/20/20 | MY '21 order: 2/1/21 | MY '22 order: 10/22/21 | Blend 8/5, built 8/8, 'built' status 8/27, in my driveway 10/12/22
Auto Photographer in Sacramento CA:
www.instagram.com/photographybymarkbrooks
Chief1301, broncoCrzy
Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2020

Rank VI

Dec 21, 2020

Why is that shady? They've been saying it was getting updated.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
DRWright

Official unofficial BN Photographer

Dec 21, 2020

They've confirmed numerous times that the price for the 2.7L included the transmission being an auto. They've talked about the B&P getting updated with different top options.
Reservation: 7/20/20 | MY '21 order: 2/1/21 | MY '22 order: 10/22/21 | Blend 8/5, built 8/8, 'built' status 8/27, in my driveway 10/12/22
Auto Photographer in Sacramento CA:
www.instagram.com/photographybymarkbrooks
DRWright, Chief1301

Rank VI

Dec 21, 2020

Actually most people assumed that the lack of price for the auto transmission was a glitch, this was expected
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red
DRWright

Rank V

Dec 21, 2020

Bullshit. The automatic was included in the Sasquatch package, It was also included in the 2.7 engine. Now it's an additional $1600 separately. That is on a 2 door. Did not even try it on a 4 door where it is not a option,and included. So it is included in 3 packages AND an additional $1600 as a stand alone? The same base build I had for the last coupla months went from just under $40,000 to $42,300. This is a vehicle I want, not one I need. They better get their shit figured out...
'21 AMB Basesquatch 2 Door. 2.7. 569 days from reservation to delivery
bronco11, Chief1301

Rank V

Dec 21, 2020

Check this one out. Base Squatch, nothing else.

2021 Bronco
BASE
SUMMARY
Print
EXTERIORS4Edit
  • Shadow Black
    $0
  • 17" Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum, Beadlock Capable Wheels
    $0
  • LT315/70R17 Mud-Terrain (M/T) Tires
    $0
  • Top – Hard Top, Molded-in-Color (MIC)
    $0
INTERIORS4Edit
  • Black Onyx
    $0
  • Cloth Seats
    $0
  • Storage Bag - Front Row Top Panels (for On-Vehicle Storage)
    $0
  • SYNC®4 with Enhanced Voice Recognition and LCD Capacitive Touchscreen with Swipe Capability
    $0
  • SYNC®
    $0
  • SiriusXM® With 360L
    $0
POWERTRAINSS4Edit
  • 2.3L EcoBoost® Engine
    $0
  • 10-Speed SelectShift® Automatic Transmission
    $0
  • Advanced 4x4 with Automatic On-Demand Engagement
    $0
  • Rear Locking Differential
    $0
  • 4.7 Locking Rear Axle Final Drive Ratio
    $0
PACKAGESS4Edit
  • Standard Package
    $0
  • Sasquatch™ Package
    $4,995

Reserve a Bronco
PRICING SUMMARY
  • BASE MSRPS1
    $28,500
  • OPTIONSS4 & ACCESSORIESS8
    + $8,980
  • DESTINATION CHARGESS17
    + $1,495
  • TOTAL MSRPS16
    = $38,975
  • ESTIMATED NET PRICES5
    = $38,975

• MONTHLY PAYMENTS6
    $662
Squatch is now $8,890? Figures don't lie, but liars can figure.... This is cut and pasted directly from build and price, as is....
'21 AMB Basesquatch 2 Door. 2.7. 569 days from reservation to delivery
BigSteveO

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Dec 21, 2020

This nonsense is going to go down in automotive history as a bigger flop than the Edsel. I can't get the B&P tool to even load after I fought with it over zip code for 5 minutes.
Friends of mine keep giving me a hard time about the delays, are now convinced there is fatal flaw they are trying to fix. ( which is bs) but people are losing confidence in F.

Road trip!!!

Dec 21, 2020

I just ran my Badlands build and it came up with the same price its always been.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
lowmpg, BuzzyBud

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Dec 21, 2020

I just ran my Badlands build and it came up with the same price its always been.

Yeah my Badlands is the same as it's been for months . High as a MF . LOL
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
Witchdoctor68, JFord

Standing Grumpy Face

Dec 21, 2020

I just did both of my builds over again. The Big Bend came out $100 lower and the Black Diamond came out $125 lower. Both had the 2.7/auto.
BuzzyBud, SlashRacer

Rank 0

Dec 21, 2020

I just redid the two builds I am going back and forth between - a Wildtrak and a Badlands. Both are the exact same as they have been for a while. Both have the auto and the 2.7. Not sure what is going on with the OP's builds. Maybe he posted something on a Jeep forum and Ford is charging him extra. LOL, JK.
Mdburkett, Jakob1972

Moab or bust!!!

Dec 21, 2020

for months, people have been asking about the pricing on the 2.7L upgrade, and whether the automatic transmission was part of the pricing for the engine, and we've been told "yes", that's part of the price - today, in an update to Build and Price - if you select the 2.7L engine, you now also get charged an additional $1595.00 for the automatic transmission. I swear, Ford is trying to push our buttons to see how far they can push us before we bail.
Yep, my Badlands build did the same. They charged the extra $1595 for the auto. I was already over my "soft" budget, now I am way over.:(
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Chief1301, Calgecko

Rank VI

Dec 21, 2020

I didn’t even realize there was an issue. Just rebuilt what was going to be my Badlands and indeed the price went up. Spoke with my wife. We’re gonna do Outer Banks with Sasquatch and leather trimmed seats now. As well as 2.7 w/ Auto. The tube step will be nice. Actually pretty happy with this decision.
BroncoStoked, Jakob1972

Rank IV

Dec 21, 2020

Why is that shady? They've been saying it was getting updated.
Yes that is true but when asked directly this specific question the CEO even said “yes and it’s a steal of deal” (or something to that effect.). Personally I was always getting the 2.3 manual but I can totally sympathize with everyone upset about this.
BroncoStoked, Hobgoblin

Rank IV

Dec 21, 2020

I redid all 3 builds I had printed out before. I only had a 2.7 engine in the BL build I did.

My BD with 2.3 auto non-sasquatch came in $1595 higher than before.
My OBX with 2.3 auto non-sasquatch came in exactly the same.
My BL with 2.7 auto came in $1435 higher than before.

The OBX has always been auto trans only so I'm guessing it was priced into the option package since you start with mid package and automatic as standard.
I went and checked BB. Before it gave you the auto with mid package. Now the mid package increase is $3040 so it is pricing in the automatic transmission.

So in short it looks like they corrected the math where they were not charging for the automatic with mid package but now the automatic is an independent upcharge.
Chief1301, Bronc96

Rank V

Dec 21, 2020

Seems like everyone is feeling similar to how I felt back in July when they said you couldn't get the v6 or Sasquatch with manual. At least you guys only have to pay $1600 to get your dream config. Mine is straight up impossible for some reason. Like asking for lettuce tomatoes and pickles on a cheeseburger and the fry cook saying "no, condiments are only available on the double patty burgers. It's impossible for us to put tomatoes lettuce and pickles on your single patty cheeseburger. If you don't mind waiting a year, we might be able to put ketchup on the bun". Yeah I know my analogies are weird
BroncoStoked, Chief1301

Rank VI

Dec 21, 2020

Mmmm, cheeseburgers.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
Gottahavabronco, Chief1301

Rank VI

Dec 21, 2020

Seems like everyone is feeling similar to how I felt back in July when they said you couldn't get the v6 or Sasquatch with manual. At least you guys only have to pay $1600 to get your dream config. Mine is straight up impossible for some reason. Like asking for lettuce tomatoes and pickles on a cheeseburger and the fry cook saying "no, condiments are only available on the double patty burgers. It's impossible for us to put tomatoes lettuce and pickles on your single patty cheeseburger. If you don't mind waiting a year, we might be able to put ketchup on the bun". Yeah I know my analogies are weird
Well, you can get manual + sasquatch, you just have to wait until 2022.

The frustrating part is that Ford released such a glaring error in its B&P algorithm. Its not like the A/T and v6 engine are obscure options unlikely to have much take, so you would think the alpha and beta testers would have picked up on the error. There was no way Ford was going to offer a transmission upgrade for free (although as a staunch fan of the MT, it seems like moving to the AT is a downgrade that Ford is charging for, but I digress).

I just hope that people are able to process the change and work it into their builds and budgets!
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
Bronc96, GaryB2220

Rank VI

Dec 21, 2020

Yeah, my build went up $1600 as well. No biggie, I decided to go non-Squatch, so I'm still a tiny bit below what I originally planned.
Raptor w/ lux package, orange belts. Code Orange.
BN #306
Bronc96, Jakob1972

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Dec 21, 2020

Squatch is now $8,890? Figures don't lie, but liars can figure.... This is cut and pasted directly from build and price, as is....
I saw the same thing. Package is $4995, plus $1595 for auto, but now it's an extra $2390 with no explanation of the extra cost. If the new numbers are correct, I will definitely be going non-sasquatch. I'll just swap in the lift, lockers, and advanced 4x4 later.
Bronc96, JFord