Ford Freezes a Bronco for the Holidays

David
Dec 17, 2020

Rank VI

Dec 17, 2020

Recreating old photos is fun. Now, say you had an old photo of a frozen Bronco from 1968 in your archives that seems to have never been used. It’s a cool photo and you just happen to be launching an all new version of the truck from that photo. What do you do?

Well, Ford grabbed Santa, some presents, a super cold testing facility, and a 2021 Ford Bronco and decided to relive some memories. Bronco Nation was there to see it and we made a behind the scenes video showing how it was done. Check it out below.

The TEFP is a big freezer that Ford uses to test the cold weather durability of their vehicles. For example, they freeze them and then shake them to see how the cold affects the fit and finish of their products. The victim for this photo was a Sasquatch Package equipped, 2-Door Outer Banks in Race Red.

According to Ford, the photo that was recreated was originally intended for Ford World, an internal company publication. Ted Ryan, Ford Heritage and Archives manager, found the photo but couldn’t find where it had been used or published. From there, the Bronco team decided that recreating the photo would be the perfect holiday card for the Bronco community. Enjoy our behind the scenes look at this fun and festive call back to Bronco history.

https://community.thebronconation.com/ford-froze-a-bronco-for-the-holidays/

Bronco_Santa's Sleigh_GIF_02.gif Bronco_Santa's Sleigh_GIF_02.gif

Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Dmesser92, Gutter Clown
Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2020

Moab or bust!!!

Dec 17, 2020

Recreating old photos is fun. Now, say you had an old photo of a frozen Bronco from 1968 in your archives that seems to have never been used. It’s a cool photo and you just happen to be launching an all new version of the truck from that photo. What do you do?

Well, Ford grabbed Santa, some presents, a super cold testing facility, and a 2021 Ford Bronco and decided to relive some memories. Bronco Nation was there to see it and we made a behind the scenes video showing how it was done. Check it out below.

The TEFP is a big freezer that Ford uses to test the cold weather durability of their vehicles. For example, they freeze them and then shake them to see how the cold affects the fit and finish of their products. The victim for this photo was a Sasquatch Package equipped, 2-Door Outer Banks in Race Red.

According to Ford, the photo that was recreated was originally intended for Ford World, an internal company publication. Ted Ryan, Ford Heritage and Archives manager, found the photo but couldn’t find where it had been used or published. From there, the Bronco team decided that recreating the photo would be the perfect holiday card for the Bronco community. Enjoy our behind the scenes look at this fun and festive call back to Bronco history.
Great video! What a great idea to recreate the old photo.
I only wish they could have left out the dang masks. One thing that I don't look forward to In the future is looking back at all the pictures of masks everywhere. Once this is over, I'd just as soon forget it.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
SuperMike, Wanted 33

Rank VI

Dec 17, 2020

Great video! What a great idea to recreate the old photo.
I only wish they could have left out the dang masks. One thing that I don't look forward to In the future is looking back at all the pictures of masks everywhere. Once this is over, I'd just as soon forget it.
One value of the mask was that it kept warmth in. That was an extremely cold chamber!!! LOL
Bronco Nation Member #0000
Instagram: bdawson24
TorgSurv, Bronc96

Rank VI

Dec 17, 2020

Great video and a great photo. The temps in that chamber are a typical winter day in Maine. Love it!

I look at the face masks in that picture from a different angle. For me, that picture shows us the symbol of a dark time, while also capturing a spirit that could not be extinguished. Maybe out of our darkest days a rebirth can happen as in the rebirth of the Bronco.

It is my deepest hope that we are all here at this time next year and have fond memories of the spirit that lives on in that picture.
Bronc96, Hobgoblin

Rank VI

Dec 17, 2020

Santa is the only smart one who is wearing a hat in that chamber!

This is a really cool idea, and I love the way it turned out!

I hope that one of the Bronco Nation folks slipped Santa some swag!!! One of these would look really good on his Santa coat...Bronco Nation Patch, or this would look really good on his sleigh...Bronco Nation Vehicle Decal!!!
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
TorgSurv, Bronc96

Rank VI

Dec 17, 2020

Great video and a great photo. The temps in that chamber are a typical winter day in Maine. Love it!

I look at the face masks in that picture from a different angle. For me, that picture shows us the symbol of a dark time, while also capturing a spirit that could not be extinguished. Maybe out of our darkest days a rebirth can happen as in the rebirth of the Bronco.

It is my deepest hope that we are all here at this time next year and have fond memories of the spirit that lives on in that picture.
Well said @BuzzyBud! Covid has caused unfortunate issues with the launch, but for me, at least, the timing has been perfect. Something to be really excited about during these dark days!
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
Bronc96, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Dec 17, 2020

“Another mask plus: fewer release forms to get signed.”

-Bronco Nation Paperwork Guy
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
TorgSurv, Bronc96

Rank III

Dec 17, 2020

View attachment 6509 View attachment 6510

I am impressed with the outstanding job Ford is doing going back to it's heritage with the Bronco, this classic photo recreate is another nice way to do that!
TorgSurv, Bronc96

Trusted and Carefree

Dec 17, 2020

Thats gonna be me when we get one our cold desert nights, going to start the truck in the AM. Thats why you need a heated steering wheel or welder gloves
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco
Bronc96, Deano Bronc

Rank 0

Dec 17, 2020

I live in Maine and would have loved to see them freeze the interior and start the dam thing up. Thats what I go through every winter morning. Can't wait for my BL Bronco to frolic in the POW :p
BuzzyBud, Bronc96

Rank VI

Dec 17, 2020

Freezes, like freezes reservation to order conversion? Now I get why it's taking so long, but nice marketing spin!
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Dec 17, 2020

The masks took all the fun out of it.
P.R. Kid, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Dec 17, 2020

Well said Buzzy! This year has not been the best for many to include myself, however, the new Bronc was definitely the one bright spot for many of us. Here's to the future and hopefully better times around the corner. Until then...we have the great group here at BN to keep things positive! (y)
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
tlowell01, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Dec 20, 2020

The masks took all the fun out of it.
Agree, but if there wasn't any masks used, the internet warriors on Facebook, Twitter, etc would force Ford to make some sort of apology.
Raptor w/ lux package, orange belts. Code Orange.
BN #306
Wanted 33, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Jan 06, 2021

I know many of you have enjoyed watching me freeze. It's -45 here. :eek:IMG_0363.jpeg
Bronco Nation Member #0000
Instagram: bdawson24
Sven, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Jan 06, 2021

I know many of you have enjoyed watching me freeze. It's -45 here. :eek:View attachment 7070
Now that's cold...Yikes! In SC we bust the winter coats out when it hits 50! :ROFLMAO:
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
Gutter Clown, Deano Bronc

Rank 0

Jan 24, 2021

So Jon "Melton" got the freezing assignment to cover lol
Bronc96, Deano Bronc

Bears, Bison and Tourists!

Jan 24, 2021

I know many of you have enjoyed watching me freeze. It's -45 here. :eek:View attachment 7070
We get those temps in my driveway with only mother nature to credit! Although this winter so far has only been -30. Great story and put a stocking hat on next time.lol
2 Dr BL MGV High 2.3 Auto SAS MIC Tow....
7/13/20 res 1/21/21 order
Got my VIN 9/30.....Build week 11/15 Delivered 1/14/22
Gutter Clown, Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Jan 29, 2021

One value of the mask was that it kept warmth in. That was an extremely cold chamber!!! LOL
Yes. I hate taking mine off after work while walking to my car.

Rank IV

Jan 29, 2021

View attachment 6509 View attachment 6510

Been in a mobile chamber once. It was winter at the time and warmer outside but in the trailer there was no wind. Lol
Deano Bronc, Bronc96