Flipping Bronco

Cyraj
Feb 19, 2022

Rank 0

Feb 19, 2022

I ordered on Jan 14, 2022 but decided to try and change my order to a hardtop today (Feb 19, 2022) but was informed it was too late because I already have a VIN and build dat of w/c March 28, 2022.
Assuming I get my hands on my bronco around the first of May, how likely is it I could immediately sell it for a profit and then turn around and order a hardtop (yes, I've accepted waiting into 2023)?

Also, what would be my best options to sell my Bronco?
Bronco2.7, FrankenRodz
Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2022

Libations MOD

Feb 19, 2022

Well, if it was me I would keep it, order what I truly want since you ordered what FMC wanted to build you, and then once that next order is ready sell your current Bronco
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
BroncoFred, the poacher

Rank V

Feb 19, 2022

I ordered on Jan 14, 2022 but decided to try and change my order to a hardtop today (Feb 19, 2022) but was informed it was too late because I already have a VIN and build dat of w/c March 28, 2022.
Assuming I get my hands on my bronco around the first of May, how likely is it I could immediately sell it for a profit and then turn around and order a hardtop (yes, I've accepted waiting into 2023)?

What makes it all right for you to sell for profit and wrong for the dealer to sell with adm?

Honest question.

If you don’t want it, reorder today and let go of this order.
Another option would be reorder then trade/sell it in when your new order comes in.

By flipping it you’re no different than those dealers who sell at an adm in the first place.
meshyf, the poacher

Rank III

Feb 19, 2022

It’s a four door soft top, so you won’t get much over sticker for it anyway. Those can be had all day long.
the poacher, ABQNMBronco

Rank II

Feb 19, 2022

I’d contact Carvana or take it to Carmax and see what they’d give you. Keep in mind that more than likely you’ll have to tag it,pay dealer fees and taxes before you take possession. Depending where you live that could be a few thousand so that will cut into your profit. It’s your vehicle do whatever you want to with it.
OLD HOUND, Darrel

Rank VI

Feb 19, 2022

I figure you'll make a quick $5k - $10k.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Feb 19, 2022

I figure you'll make a quick $5k - $10k.
Somewhat lower after sales tax and capitol gains
OK is 4.5 sales tax plus up to 37% capitol gains for the Feds
FireOne

Rank 0

Feb 20, 2022

Local dealership has a Badlands with Sasquatch and hard top with Lux in their used show room because a guy took his order, drove it for 1 day and brought it back sold it to the dealership at a profit and they’re currently sitting on a $77k listing for said Bronco. You could easily make money in it less than 24 hours later.

Rank II

Feb 20, 2022

It's posts such as this that really make me question why I am waiting around for a vehicle ... My first "order" was taxed with a $10k market adjustment and came complete with a lesson on supply and demand from a snarky 20 year old sales person. No one remembers what happened in 2007-2008 ... Flip Flip Flip ... playing the markets like slot machines. Let's make a "quick $10k" ... "supply and demand" ... I'm stock piling popcorn for the next crash.
Black Diamond - 2DR - Sasquatch - 2.3 Ecoboost - Manual - Eruption Green
Gunninja1, okie4570

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Feb 20, 2022

It's posts such as this that really make me question why I am waiting around for a vehicle ... My first "order" was taxed with a $10k market adjustment and came complete with a lesson on supply and demand from a snarky 20 year old sales person. No one remembers what happened in 2007-2008 ... Flip Flip Flip ... playing the markets like slot machines. Let's make a "quick $10k" ... "supply and demand" ... I'm stock piling popcorn for the next crash.
I recall the 2008 crash and when in spring of 2020 opportunity presented itself I took action. I'm going wait until all the foolishness is over and when the dealers are sweating over trying to move inventory, then I might buy.
Jruta, Gunninja1

Rank II

Feb 20, 2022

I recall the 2008 crash and when in spring of 2020 opportunity presented itself I took action. I'm going wait until all the foolishness is over and when the dealers are sweating over trying to move inventory, then I might buy.

I recently visited two local dealers - no brands mentioned - now selling at MSRP ... no market adjustment and no ridiculous DOC fees. I recall a few months ago visiting an RV lot .... "Supply and demand, $15k over MSRP, better take what you can get, Mmm Hmm" ... Just drove past the lot the other day and it's full of RVs and campers. The local car lots are full of used, over-priced vehicles. Where's the demand? I'm starting to see cracks. People keep spewing this "Supply and Demand" social media - Google-Nomics phrase like it means something. Bronco is overvalued and well played by Ford ... their marketing is remarkable. I came here to rejoice over the new Bronco and instead I'm reading about guys who were assigned Broncos ... my God! Assigned a Raptor and they have no intent on keeping ... Flip Flip Flip.

Well... Ford took $6 billion in bailout in 2008. Maybe they need new jets for their execs ... or perhaps its money for a new EV plant in India. I'll wait with you ... Big 3 bankruptcies will be entertaining.
Black Diamond - 2DR - Sasquatch - 2.3 Ecoboost - Manual - Eruption Green
KennyMac

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Feb 20, 2022

I recently visited two local dealers - no brands mentioned - now selling at MSRP ... no market adjustment and no ridiculous DOC fees. I recall a few months ago visiting an RV lot .... "Supply and demand, $15k over MSRP, better take what you can get, Mmm Hmm" ... Just drove past the lot the other day and it's full of RVs and campers. The local car lots are full of used, over-priced vehicles. Where's the demand? I'm starting to see cracks. People keep spewing this "Supply and Demand" social media - Google-Nomics phrase like it means something. Bronco is overvalued and well played by Ford ... their marketing is remarkable. I came here to rejoice over the new Bronco and instead I'm reading about guys who were assigned Broncos ... my God! Assigned a Raptor and they have no intent on keeping ... Flip Flip Flip.

Well... Ford took $6 billion in bailout in 2008. Maybe they need new jets for their execs ... or perhaps its money for a new EV plant in India. I'll wait with you ... Big 3 bankruptcies will be entertaining.

Most disagree, but I feel after the first wave (2 years or so), demand is going to slow rapidly. People that didn't get a Bronco this time around or canceled will be driving something else so won't be back for a Bronco.At the time when the 2 year lease crowd trades in (dumps) there will be a glut of used Broncos on the market.Selling new Broncos will be difficult.
Jruta, Gunninja1

Wank ER

Feb 20, 2022

OH -ho! Your state can't wait for the double dip sales tax on buying and selling. I'd stay away from anything that isn't 100% determined with my money, sale and transaction procedures. Adding middle people to the process can provide a big whammy to your bottom line and a major unnecessary headache that you don't need.

But, if you have a buyer that covers your end and more. Do it.
2021 FE Cactus Grey

Rank V

Feb 20, 2022

When? How much did gm Chrysler take? How much did the banks take? Remember they get money for free and then multiply that by 900% before the fees and interest rates. Yet they needed money. Have to keep those that make a billion a year in their hedge funds afloat.

Rank V

Feb 20, 2022

I coulda swore Ford didn't take the bail out money but maybe I'm remembering wrong. I also seem to remember a lot of people who started buying Ford for that reason. Either way the bubble will at some point burst and a lot of dealers and others will be eating big losses.
Discusman, BroncoUp

Life is a Highway

Feb 20, 2022

Your statement is not exactly correct. Ford did not take the TARP bailout in 2008. They did lobby Congress to bail out Chrysler and GM because it would protect Ford from the fall out if they failed. Ford did procure a 5.9 billion loan from a different program in 2009 to assist with plans to retrofit factories in five states to build more efficient vehicles. I think GM and Chrysler got something like 80 billion combined from the TARP program.
Hpr367, FireOne

Wank ER

Feb 20, 2022

Your statement is not exactly correct. Ford did not take the TARP bailout in 2008. They did lobby Congress to bail out Chrysler and GM because it would protect Ford from the fall out if they failed. Ford did procure a 5.9 billion loan from a different program in 2009 to assist with plans to retrofit factories in five states to build more efficient vehicles. I think GM and Chrysler got something like 80 billion combined from the TARP program.
What he said.
2021 FE Cactus Grey
FireOne, OLD HOUND

Rank VI

Feb 20, 2022

Get your story straight.
General Motors and Chrysler took the bailout.
They then proceeded to restructure the stock float by giving a third of the equity in the company to the union.
I feel old for remembering that in every detail, but I won't forget it.
One of the major reasons why I won't by a GM or Chevy.
GM took the bailout, not Ford.
Ford had a line of credit so they didn't need the bailout.
That whole time period of too big to fail made me realize that the idea of free market capitalism is a myth.
Bailouts then, bailouts now in Covid.
In true free markets people and companies have to go bankrupt.
P.S. I love my Bronco!
20220207_072610.jpg
Discusman, FireOne

Rank VI

Feb 20, 2022

Also, for the EV plant...
They don't need 6 billion for a plant in India.
Ford is building all electric F150s and batteries just outside of Memphis TN starting in 2025. 6,500 employees. Construction just started about 15 miles east of the metro area off of I-40.
built-ford-tough1508513227331.jpg
OLD HOUND, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Feb 20, 2022

I coulda swore Ford didn't take the bail out money but maybe I'm remembering wrong. I also seem to remember a lot of people who started buying Ford for that reason. Either way the bubble will at some point burst and a lot of dealers and others will be eating big losses.
you are not wrong , your memory is good to go as mine is too
Ford was the only big auto makers that didn't take the money from the feds .
1Five1 Garage, FireOne