First Three Mods?

BuzzyBud
Feb 27, 2021

Rank VI

Feb 27, 2021

Now that the pressure to decide what Bronco model and options to order is over for many of us, what will be your first three modifications?

Unfortunately, we do not know when the aftermarket will be ready. Assuming they are ready and waiting for us, here are my first three. (Of course, like the Bronco exterior color decision, I reserve the right to change my mind often!)

• A better option for mounting my front license plate. I like the shackle mount from Fishbone.
Shackle Mounted License Plate Bracket (fishboneoffroad.com)
  • Assuming we do not have access to the Picatinny Rail for dash-mounted devices, I like the RAM mounts.
RAM Mounts - Mobile Mounting Solutions
  • I like the idea of installing a drop-down table on the rear swing gate and like the one offered by Outback Adventure Products if available.
Outback Adventure Products – Eating on Your Off road Adventures is now a Breeze!

So, there you have it. Who is up next?
jmtseven, TurboS-957
Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2021

Life is a Highway

Feb 27, 2021

1) dash rail system-game time decision on this solution

2) rear storage area rack system-for secure mounting of water, fire extinguisher tools etc.

3) security storage system of some sort. potential rear seat/cargo area decking with compartments below

Plenty of time to research and pick your brains
ChapEJF, Hobgoblin

Life is a Highway

Feb 27, 2021

Believe me @BuzzyBud I am looking over your shoulder at all times! Like so many others the work you do is a great resource
Jakob1972, Bronc96

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Feb 27, 2021

Tires and wheels.
Tear out carpet and replace with rubber mat
Rear seat area platform.
Joined May 29, 2020 Member 546
Jakob1972, Bronc96

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Feb 27, 2021

Rims
Tint/Ceramic Coating
CAI
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics
Jakob1972, Bronc96

Rank V

Feb 27, 2021

At the moment and definetly subject to change:

1) 2" lift
2) aux. lighting
3) roof mounted trail accessories

Isn't it awesome to have such fun things to ponder? Life is good!
Badlands 2dr, Sas, 2.7, Lux, Erupt Grn, Res 8/27/20, MY21-1/29/21
MY22-10/21/21, Sch 8/22/22, Blt 8/29/22, Ship 9/1/22, Del 9/16/22
Jakob1972, Bronc96

Rank VI

Feb 27, 2021

1. Slide out out tailgate, whenever it’s available.
2. Cubs trailer hitch cover
3. Save the manuals sticker on rear glass
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
Speed Devil, Bronc96

Rank V

Feb 28, 2021

A 2" suspension lift higher than what's on the Badlands.

Upgraded front half shafts

37" tires

Teraflex Nomad or Method Trail Series wheels

5.38 gears (getting a manual, so this is right gearing for 37s)

Rear seat delete floor platform from Goosegear

Roof rack of some sort.
TorgSurv, KennyMac

Rank V

Feb 28, 2021

37" tires

Roof rack of some sort.
That’s the most 3 things I’ve ever seen! :)
TorgSurv, KennyMac

Rank V

Feb 28, 2021

My first 3:
Roof rack (likely a Rhino)
Winch/bumper (Warn/ADD combo)
Fog/spot lighting (KC or BD)

Then the rest of my 3 look a lot like @Buckin Bronco. (y)
Bronc96, BuzzyBud

Rank V

Feb 28, 2021

37" tires

Roof rack of some sort.
That’s the most 3 things I’ve ever seen! :)

Some are related. The lift, wheels, half shafts and gearing are for the 37s.
BuzzyBud

Rank IV

Feb 28, 2021

Now that the pressure to decide what Bronco model and options to order is over for many of us, what will be your first three modifications?

Unfortunately, we do not know when the aftermarket will be ready. Assuming they are ready and waiting for us, here are my first three. (Of course, like the Bronco exterior color decision, I reserve the right to change my mind often!)

• A better option for mounting my front license plate. I like the shackle mount from Fishbone.
Shackle Mounted License Plate Bracket (fishboneoffroad.com)
  • Assuming we do not have access to the Picatinny Rail for dash-mounted devices, I like the RAM mounts.
RAM Mounts - Mobile Mounting Solutions
  • I like the idea of installing a drop-down table on the rear swing gate and like the one offered by Outback Adventure Products if available.
Outback Adventure Products – Eating on Your Off road Adventures is now a Breeze!

So, there you have it. Who is up next?
1. Mount my New Hampshire vanity plate to the front (NC only requires a rear plate)
2. Remove the badges.
3. Tires (33” BFG AT KO2)
Psocci3344, Bronc96

Rank III

Feb 28, 2021

More than three because I’ve thought A LOT about this, but in order of sequence:

1. Remove OB tube steps;

2. Remove stickers/badges;

3. Replace Sasquatch fender flares with either base flares or AMB regular-sized flares (haven’t decided yet);

4. Add dark gray Plasti-Dip to wheel rings and rear pony;

5. Add modest, uniform ceramic tint;

6. Add BYOD rail;

7. Add a Boom Horn to auxiliary switches;

8. Add secured storage that levels the rear cargo floor; and

9. Add exterior lighting to auxiliary switches for camping.
Jakob1972, Bronc96

Rank III

Feb 28, 2021

Regarding the front plate, I sent an email to my dealer requesting front plate removal and he ‘unchecked’ that box in system. I had to send him an email stating that basically it’s on me if I get tickets, but this way I avoid those holes in my front bumper and I’ll take my chances with the police (they have better things to do and I know how to talk to police anyway... friendly and respectful).
Bronc96, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Feb 28, 2021

Not really mods but cleaning stuff

Might do lighting and a folding tailgate table on the aftermarket
Build week of 7/26....still....no its 8/16 now
Bronc96, BuzzyBud

Rank V

Feb 28, 2021

Regarding the front plate, I sent an email to my dealer requesting front plate removal and he ‘unchecked’ that box in system. I had to send him an email stating that basically it’s on me if I get tickets, but this way I avoid those holes in my front bumper and I’ll take my chances with the police (they have better things to do and I know how to talk to police anyway... friendly and respectful).
Might that have been Eric @ KMF? Helpful guy!

Thought about that, but my plan is to ditch the bumper for an aftermarket replacement, perhaps allowing me to move the license plate to the side, or alternatively mount it to the winch fair lead.
Steve777468, Bronc96

Home, home on the range

Feb 28, 2021

1. AM bumper front and back
2. AM brush guard
3. AM bumper mounted fog/trail lights

Also new tires/rims, and heated seats sometime before it gets cold again. May just keep tires it comes with. Will have to see it in person
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
65MustangsRock, Steve777468

Feb 28, 2021

I'll enjoy stock for a bit... let ya'll post pics, or listen to you scream "Well that didn't work out so well!", then, I'll figure out what I'm gonna do... :cool:
Sdge, Buckin'

No Ragerts

Feb 28, 2021

I generally start with cosmetic mods and then work up to performance and functional enhancements as needed.

first up:
1- light bar / pod lights up front & in the rear wired to aux switches
2- vinyl graphics (style TBD - still working on designs)
3- interior adjustments up front to accommodate cell phone & in the rear to address recovery & essential gear storage

next up:
4- tune & exhaust modifications
5- winch
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
ATC Enthusiast, TK1215

Rank VI

Feb 28, 2021

Thanks @BuzzyBud for always sharing your research and being an excellent resource to all! This is why I love BN! (y)

My first 3:
  1. Front tag setup for my OBX plate. Love the shackle mounted kit Buzzy shared. ;)
  2. Mirror pod lights, maybe something for front bumper or light bar.
  3. Bartact seat cover for rear seats so my pups can ride. If I change my mind from BL and go BaseManSquatch then covers for front seats as well.
I also am eyeing the Bimini Top for beach cruising and will likely use my FordPass points toward purchase. Some type of lockable storage for rear area is also under consideration. :cool:
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
Rgwinn, bmclain