Here we GO!

Pakrat
Jun 01, 2021

Rank V

Jun 01, 2021

The ripple effect has started and Ford better get their S*#@ together!

Jeep Responds to the Bronco

Jeep has finally responded to complaints and wishes that buyers have been talking about for years. Ford has forced their hand and it is gonna benefit all of us. Started with a bigger engine and now Jeep will offer 35's and other upgrades for MY22 Rubicons. The funny part is Jeep '22 buyers will probable be getting their rigs into their garages before Bronco '21 buyers. I don't expect a mass cancellation of orders...yet, but if you could get an upgraded Jeep before a Bronco would you? I mean we can't even get a build estimate for a reservation that was placed nearly 12 months ago and Ford has decided to throw the reservation system out the window anyhow. Half of the reason I ordered a Bronco over a Jeep was the Jeep shortcomings of small tires, crappy gearing, and an underpowered drivetrain. My patience has it's limits especially when there are options.

Now come on Toyota and Chevy, give me more options!
4DR BL-Cactus Gray - Sas - 2.7 - 10 Spd - Lux - Soft Top
Res 7/14 - Ord 1/20 - VIN 8/26 - Sticker 10/12 - Blend 10/18
Mdeamon, JFord
Last edited by a moderator: Jun 01, 2021

Rank VI

Jun 01, 2021

Nope. I still prefer the look of the Bronco. I'm glad Jeep is finally doing something for their fans because they have been ripping you all off for years. Hopefully this will be good and Jeep will continue to update their outdated platform.
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.
the poacher, DaddyMac

Rank V

Jun 01, 2021

Did they fix the gearing? Do they still have crappy engines? Anyone can slap on bigger tires. Have they tuned the suspension for the 35s? Is the gearing correct?

I think we know the answers to all of these questions.
TK1215, Bronco70

Rank V

Jun 01, 2021

Did they fix the gearing? Do they still have crappy engines? Anyone can slap on bigger tires. Have they tuned the suspension for the 35s? Is the gearing correct?

The engine yes...the 392 is sweet.

I imagine the gearing will have to change. Like has been mentioned many times before, when you have to swap out tires, wheels, and gearing just to bring a Jeep up to par with a Bronco it will cost you near $5k on top of the final Rubicon price. It makes a comparatively equipped Jeep a rip-off. But Ford is forcing their hand. Competition is better for us all. I do agree that Bronco is better looking but unfortunately you can only see it on the internet and not in your driveway and no idea when it will ever arrive.
JFord, TK1215

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Jun 01, 2021

I didnt like the way the clutch engaged in the Jeep, felt like a New Jack, and they should of offered stick with the 2.0t. Driven lots of manuals, and while it takes a min to get used to a vehicle, this would of taken a while to get used to

Don't forget the steering issues as well, and the infamous death wobble.
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics
TK1215, Bronco_Girl

Rank XII

Jun 01, 2021

I've got no dog in this hunt; but noticed I have 99 messages on the forum, and one more gets me "like a trip to Hawaii or something", right?(y)
:giggle:
TorgSurv, TK1215

Rank VI

Jun 01, 2021

I would suggest spending time on Jeep forums, if you really want to know the answers to your questions. Jeep has made changes, leaps and bounds over most of the "issues" people bring up from previous generation Jeeps. Jeep offers how many engine choices in the Wrangler (depending on 2d or 4d):
  • turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine with 270 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque
  • 3.0-liter V6 diesel engine with 260 horsepower and 442 pound-feet of torque
  • 3.6-liter V6 Pentastar with 285 horsepower and 260 pound-feet of torque
  • turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine hybrid/electric with 375 horsepower and 470 pound-feet of torque
  • 6.4-liter V8 engine with 470 horsepower and 470 pound-feet of torque
Jeep offers at least, or better fuel economy depending on configuration.

Jeep has upgraded the suspension and steering several times over the years and the JL is the best yet. I've owned two Jeeps and never experienced death-wobble. I don't know anyone who has, not in a Jeep. I do have steering/suspension issues in my Ford Super Duty, and there is a TSB for "death wobble" for the Ford. Suspension and steering issues are talked about more on Ford forums than they are on Jeep forums.

The Jeep offers the gearing in the t-case, which is better for off road, so your on-road gearing and mileage is optimized (hence the better mpg numbers). The gearing is essentially the same as several of the Bronco trims; however, Rubicon offers a 4:1 t-case. The crawl ratios are within a few percentage points.

Jeep isn't responding to Ford by offering larger tires. The Jeep JL/JT was designed for 35" tires. Even the spare tire carrier on the JL and JT were designed to carry a 35". The Jeep Jamborees, sponsored by Jeep, require 35" tires. This was discussed well over a year ago by Jeep designers and engineers. This was coming whether Ford brought a Bronco to market or not, it was the natural evolution of the model.

The other thing that Jeep did was actually bring to market what they said they'd bring. They said they'd bring a Hemi, and an e-vehicle. They did.

@Pakrat, "but if you could get an upgraded Jeep before a Bronco would you"? I canceled my Badlands order and ordered a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. The order was placed two weeks ago. A few days ago the salesman called me to let me know the Rubicon was scheduled to be built. From time of order, to time of schedule for build was 12 days. I "should" have my Rubicon in another 6 - 10 weeks. We'll see.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
JFord, Hoofnmouth

Rank VI

Jun 01, 2021

This is nice, maybe we should change the name of this forum to JeepNation. :rolleyes:

I sold my Wrangler because of many issues, my daughter sold hers for similar reasons. She actually got a new JL and took it back after one week because it was a lemon, many electrical problems. We both reserved Broncos for the very reason that Jeeps were unreliable.

and that’s why I am here today. My daughter has a build date for this month.

I firmly believe the new Bronco will surpass the Wrangler in many areas.
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red
Bronc96, TK1215

Rank V

Jun 01, 2021

Getting a bit off track here. The point of the post was not to be a Jeep fanboy or hater. Simply saying that the Bronco is forcing change with the competitors and giving us choices. Choices are good. I'm not a diehard Jeep, Ford, Chevy or anything guy myself. Jeep has been resting on it's legacy for far too long without listening to its costumers. These moves by other manufacturers hopefully get Ford focused and not settling for a quick buck. Quality is my main concern with this rollout.
EZAPAR, JFord

Rank VI

Jun 01, 2021

@Rgwinn You're right, it is Bronco Nation, but I don't think that means competition shouldn't be discussed, honestly. If you only want to read the positives of Ford, and don't care whether competitive brands are represented honestly, cool. Don't read my posts.

I've been driving Ford products for 35 years and Jeep products for 23, so I'm familiar with both. Being honest about both, with honest experiences, should be shared, but maybe not here? The truth is, regardless of the brand.
TK1215, Broncadonk MKG

Rank II

Jun 01, 2021

Jeep has finally responded to complaints and wishes that buyers have been talking about for years. Ford has forced their hand and it is gonna benefit all of us. Started with a bigger engine and now Jeep will offer 35's and other upgrades for MY22 Rubicons. The funny part is Jeep '22 buyers will probable be getting their rigs into their garages before Bronco '21 buyers. I don't expect a mass cancellation of orders...yet, but if you could get an upgraded Jeep before a Bronco would you? I mean we can't even get a build estimate for a reservation that was placed nearly 12 months ago and Ford has decided to throw the reservation system out the window anyhow. Half of the reason I ordered a Bronco over a Jeep was the Jeep shortcomings of small tires, crappy gearing, and an underpowered drivetrain. My patience has it's limits especially when there are options.

No will get Bronco
TK1215

Rank II

Jun 01, 2021

Owning a Wrangler JL for two years I will say the Bronco has some big shoes to fill. We here tend to prop the Bronco up on a pedestal, but it's the one that has to prove itself. Not the Jeep. When the day comes that my Bronco arrives it's going to be hard to let my Jeep go.

BTW, I wouldn't wait on Chevy to bring to market anything that can compete with the Bronco, and the Jeep. If the best GM can could do is the new Blazer, Ford and Stellantis (FCA) have nothing to worry about.

Also, I've not had a problem with crappy gearing, or an underpowered engine. The 3.6L six, and the 8 speed transmission work great together on, and off road.
"I think donuts define ones copliness" - Luther "Suitcase" Simpson
Boogeyman1, TK1215

Rank V

Jun 01, 2021

Personally I've never owned a Heep and never will. I really don't care one bit about them. I understand competition is good for innovation. Motors, tires and gears aren't innovations.

He who wants a Jeep buy a Jeep.

I buy Ford, therefore, I chose the Bronco spec'd the way I wanted it, with the availabe options. Maybe someday it will be built.

Until then I'll wait even if I'm slightly annoyed.
Bronc96, TK1215

Rank V

Jun 01, 2021

My hope was that Chevy would have come out with a Blazer similar to the old style. That hope was dashed and a Bronco obsession was born.
Horse with no name...
Race Red Badlands
TK1215, Bronco_Girl

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jun 01, 2021

I've got no dog in this hunt; but noticed I have 99 messages on the forum, and one more gets me "like a trip to Hawaii or something", right?(y)
:giggle:
or something
Boogeyman1, TK1215

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jun 01, 2021

I would suggest spending time on Jeep forums, if you really want to know the answers to your questions. Jeep has made changes, leaps and bounds over most of the "issues" people bring up from previous generation Jeeps. Jeep offers how many engine choices in the Wrangler (depending on 2d or 4d):
  • turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine with 270 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque
  • 3.0-liter V6 diesel engine with 260 horsepower and 442 pound-feet of torque
  • 3.6-liter V6 Pentastar with 285 horsepower and 260 pound-feet of torque
  • turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine hybrid/electric with 375 horsepower and 470 pound-feet of torque
  • 6.4-liter V8 engine with 470 horsepower and 470 pound-feet of torque
Jeep offers at least, or better fuel economy depending on configuration.

Jeep has upgraded the suspension and steering several times over the years and the JL is the best yet. I've owned two Jeeps and never experienced death-wobble. I don't know anyone who has, not in a Jeep. I do have steering/suspension issues in my Ford Super Duty, and there is a TSB for "death wobble" for the Ford. Suspension and steering issues are talked about more on Ford forums than they are on Jeep forums.

The Jeep offers the gearing in the t-case, which is better for off road, so your on-road gearing and mileage is optimized (hence the better mpg numbers). The gearing is essentially the same as several of the Bronco trims; however, Rubicon offers a 4:1 t-case. The crawl ratios are within a few percentage points.

Jeep isn't responding to Ford by offering larger tires. The Jeep JL/JT was designed for 35" tires. Even the spare tire carrier on the JL and JT were designed to carry a 35". The Jeep Jamborees, sponsored by Jeep, require 35" tires. This was discussed well over a year ago by Jeep designers and engineers. This was coming whether Ford brought a Bronco to market or not, it was the natural evolution of the model.

The other thing that Jeep did was actually bring to market what they said they'd bring. They said they'd bring a Hemi, and an e-vehicle. They did.

@Pakrat, "but if you could get an upgraded Jeep before a Bronco would you"? I canceled my Badlands order and ordered a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. The order was placed two weeks ago. A few days ago the salesman called me to let me know the Rubicon was scheduled to be built. From time of order, to time of schedule for build was 12 days. I "should" have my Rubicon in another 6 - 10 weeks. We'll see.

The single biggest thing Jeep did was deliver instead of teasing the masses for 5 years and only letting some of the "special ones" see in person in private showings.
Other things such as engine options, the Bronco doesn't have engine options only transmission options.
nice gauges on dash
Manual 4wd lever
are appealing in the Jeep

I have experienced the wobble, the ball joints get loose. Replace the ball joints when they need it, no wobble.
Ford lured me in with the Bronco , Jeep doesn't excite me enough to buy one right now but that is slowly changing. If the new dealer drops the ball on my new reservation It going to be Jeep time, but don't ask me to wave, I give half a wave. :p
JFord, Hoofnmouth

Gladesmen

Jun 01, 2021

My hope was that Chevy would have come out with a Blazer similar to the old style. That hope was dashed and a Bronco obsession was born.
I thought the same thing when Chevy brought back the Blazer. I am still holding hope that Chevy will come out with a Blazer K5 or just a K5. I don’t think it need to be on a 1500 platform I think they can copy Ford and stick a new body on the Colorado ZR2 Bison and have a pretty good competitor. But I think Chevy is content with just pavement worthy transportation.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
TK1215, Howdy

Rank VI

Jun 01, 2021

I wave with both hands, jazz-hands!
TK1215, Buckin Bronco

Rank II

Jun 01, 2021

HELL NO!! Rubicon’s are PRICEY! 60k + as they are now and will be even more with anything else added. They cannot match or compare what you get with the Bronco for 20k less! Now if Jeep would get smart & bring back the old school Cherokee’s (the nice square ones.. not the newer crappy aerodynamic ones) then we could talk. I know they’re being back the Wagoneer but those also start above 60k so out of my ballpark.
TK1215, Pakrat

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jun 01, 2021

I wave with both hands, jazz-hands!
The Jeep wave is two fingers, no one says they have to be on the same hand. :ROFLMAO:
EZAPAR, 74and84Broncos