Just noticed at night, when putting my car in drive or reverse that whole section does not light up

tsmendenhall
Nov 12, 2022

Rank IV

Nov 12, 2022

Seems like it should and maybe it is just a cost cutting thing. I have verified with other bronco owners same thing.
check it out at night. Granted you usually need not look😶
Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2022

Rank VI

Nov 12, 2022

What whole section?
GeoBig, BuckYeah

Rank V

Nov 12, 2022

Happens all the time with mine, too. I will say that it sometimes is so dim when driving, you can't see it, it will then randomly go bright. This, plus the fact that the the airplane ceiling lights arn't worth squat, which makes any lighting in the evening impossible.

Another very odd thing, if you put an mp3 stick in the computer to listen to tunes, the radio computer/software is so weak when you try and scroll through the songs/list too quickly it will actully seize the computer and turn the radio funtion off. It is like it is all too much for the thing to handle, so it just stops working, period. I really do fear in 5 years what will happen to the electroncs in this thing.
jimFish

Rank III

Nov 12, 2022

I, for one, would like to know what this post is about. What does "that whole section does not light up" refer to?
Cornwelltoolman, Eninty

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

Nov 12, 2022

Really. What the heck are you guys talking about?
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
Cornwelltoolman, Eninty

Rank V

Nov 12, 2022

I, for one, would like to know what this post is about. What does "that whole section does not light up" refer to?
I’ve seen this mentioned somewhere else.! I’m thinking it’s people who actually have to look at the stick, with the tip of their tongue sticking out of the corner of their mouth, to shift gears.! 🤣 These people think those letters should be illuminated on the console..! Never mind that they are displayed on the instrument panel.! LOL.!
F ederal O wnership R espectfully D eclined
Cornwelltoolman, dover157

Rank VI

Nov 12, 2022

I’ve seen this mentioned somewhere else.! I’m thinking it’s people who actually have to look at the stick, with the tip of their tongue sticking out of the corner of their mouth, to shift gears.! 🤣 These people think those letters should be illuminated on the console..! Never mind that they are displayed on the instrument panel.! LOL.!
That’s exactly why I ordered three pedals, keeps those kind of people from driving my Bronco 😂
22 Black Diamond 2dr non sas w tow and roof rails.
jd-ford-hd, radar3d

Rank VI

Nov 12, 2022

Except the instrument panel displays what gear the manual transmission is in, even reverse...

Again, WTF is this thread really about?
Really confusing when it tells me I’m in “C”.

Rank VI

Nov 12, 2022

Really confusing when it tells me I’m in “C”.
That’s “Speed of Light” gear.
Really fast.
radar3d, dover157

Rank VI

Nov 12, 2022

That’s “Speed of Light” gear.
Really fast.
If I combine that with the 4L setting will I get ludicrous speed? I’ve always liked plaid.

Nov 12, 2022

We need a new forum section called “Incoherent Threads With Extremely Long Titles.” 😜
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
MarkPS, ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Nov 12, 2022

If I combine that with the 4L setting will I get ludicrous speed? I’ve always liked plaid.
Yes, I just tried it.

Plaid_Ludicrous_Speed.gif
MarkPS, BuckYeah

Life is a Highway

Nov 12, 2022

I discovered that at night, when my vehicle is turned off in the garage, with the overhead lights off, it’s dark
Mikes2021Bronco, Deano Bronc

Life is a Highway

Nov 12, 2022

I discovered that at night, when my vehicle is turned off in the garage, with the overhead lights off, it’s dark
And I am very scared of the dark. so I usually put a nightlight on….🤣
jimFish, Deano Bronc

Nov 12, 2022

And why does wipers speed up then go slow back to rain can't see Pittsburgh watermelon. Because rain is wet.

The next Word Salad competition starts at 2 pm sharp. :geek:
jimFish, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Nov 12, 2022

And why does wipers speed up then go slow back to rain can't see Pittsburgh watermelon. Because rain is wet.
Be careful.
If you say that three times, you will summon frankgoss...
MarkPS, Deano Bronc

Nov 12, 2022

Be careful.
If you say that three times, you will summon frankgoss...

"That that that" Is that what you mean? 😆
Deano Bronc, TK1215

Rank V

Nov 15, 2022

A knee-jerk algorithm initiated auto reply…? And now deleted.! I like it anyway.! Love me some Ford Motor Company.!

Attachments

F ederal O wnership R espectfully D eclined
Mikes2021Bronco, Deano Bronc

Libations MOD

Nov 15, 2022

Right like WTF lets notice that the notice isn't being noticed buy yet talk about the notice that isn't really noticed, you know that notice
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
frdfan, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Nov 25, 2022

BuckYeah
Been a while since I was on. Regardless of the really funny, hold my stomach, knee slapping, cunning and cutting responses, the OP is saying that the light set up in the dash and radio go dark to the point they are just about gone when driving, so, you can't see/read any of the data. It has happened to me four or five times.

Oddly, always, after a few minutes it will go back to normal. It's as if it goes into energy saving mode and dims all the dash and radio lights.

As I noted, this, along with the completly worthless, airplane style mini overhead lights, make it impossible to see anything in the cab at night while driving.

That is what he is talking about. And if that is what he wasn't talking about, that is what I am talking about.

Pork
tsmendenhall, jimFish