Fire Extinguisher Holder

BuzzyBud
Dec 02, 2020

Rank VI

Dec 02, 2020

Part1

I want to share a plan I have for carrying a fire extinguisher in my Bronco. Many off-road training centers require drivers to carry an ABC fire extinguisher, 2.5lbs minimum which is easily accessible.

Although it might have been easier to arrive at a solution after taking delivery of my Bronco, I was up for the challenge. Luckily, I had access to many great photos which help me identify a place for the extinguisher and holder.

Within the Jeep community, the most common place is on the rear roll bar. Since I plan to opt for the Lux package with the B&O speakers, that classic location may not work well for me. The rear seat shoulder safety belts may also limit usable space as shown in the pictures below.
2021-Bronco-NYSE-13.jpg

2021 Ford Bronco Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner 3.jpg

Another location which we saw is attached to the fold-down table on the rear swing gate. I suspect many potential owners may opt for this location. Although I like the idea of purchasing a fold-down table, it may not be available when I take delivery. Also, my 2-door trunk space will be at a premium and I prefer to reserve that space for other gear.

2021-Bronco-NYSE-17.jpg

2021-Bronco-NYSE-18.jpg
pilonfx, Slownstddy

Rank VI

Dec 02, 2020

Part 2

After researching websites in Canada, (Roll Bar and Head Rest Fire Extinguisher Mounts (The Original) | NB Expeditions Inc.) I located a Head Rest fire Extinguisher Mount. The pictures on the website looked promising and an order was placed. (Keep in mind, it is simply a holder and some may consider it overpriced, but that tends to be the case for specialty items.)

Fire E Holder 2.jpg

Fire E Holder 1.jpg

In the pictures below, you see the mount (minus the NBX logos) attached to the front seat passenger headrest. It was easy to install and works for me. Over the next few weeks, I will continue my test of concept to determine if any downsides to this idea surface. So far so good.

Fire E Holder 6.jpg

Fire E Holder 4.jpg
SuzHansen, pilonfx

Rank V

Dec 02, 2020

The closer to the front seats, the better. I don't want to be running around to the back of the truck to get an extinguisher in an emergency.

Also consider one of the Element extinguishers that will probably fit in the Bronco's glovebox or door pockets.
TorgSurv, Bronc96

Rank VI

Dec 02, 2020

Like this option. Like to have the extinguisher real close at hand. Will watch for any follow up comments you might have. thanks
BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Dec 03, 2020

Close with easy access is priority. Another good tip Buzzy, thanks for sharing! (y)
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
Slownstddy, Rgwinn

Rank VI

Dec 03, 2020

Good thinking @BuzzyBud
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red
BuzzyBud

Rank IV

Dec 04, 2020

These style quick release mounts work really well to secure it and remove it quickly

https://www.offroadanonymous.com/product/offroad-quick-release-fire-extinguisher-mount/
Scarydog, 4dtrkman

Rank VI

Dec 04, 2020

I have a similar quick release holder from another company. Recommend it
4dtrkman, Sven