Falken Wildpeaks--What air pressure?

Bronclahoma
Apr 13, 2021

Rank III

Apr 13, 2021

Picked up my Badlands yesterday and I'm thrilled with it. Most of the controls are pretty intuitive. Perused the Quick Reference Guide and it acquaints you with the controls etc. My question is regarding the upgraded Falken Wildpeaks 235/65/17. Tire sidewall indicates 51 pounds max pressure. The tires have 41/42 pounds in them. What pressure people running for hard surface use?
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2021

Rank V

Apr 13, 2021

Picked up my Badlands yesterday and I'm thrilled with it. Most of the controls are pretty intuitive. Perused the Quick Reference Guide and it acquaints you with the controls etc. My question is regarding the upgraded Falken Wildpeaks 235/65/17. Tire sidewall indicates 51 pounds max pressure. The tires have 41/42 pounds in them. What pressure people running for hard surface use?
Go by the label inside of driver’s door: 33 PSI all 4 tires. Tires are sett to a higher PSI for rail shipment. Mine was the same and dealer didn’t catch it when prepping.
benjaminkrawiec, Bronclahoma

Rank III

Apr 13, 2021

Go by the label inside of driver’s door: 33 PSI all 4 tires. Tires are sett to a higher PSI for rail shipment. Mine was the same and dealer didn’t catch it when prepping.
I looked at that and questioned it since there was such a gap between that and max pressure. Amazing they ride as well as they do at 41 lbs.

Rank V

Apr 14, 2021

Agreed, mine rode well with 41 PSI, but I set the pressure to Ford’s specs. They add air before shipping by rail to reduce vehicles shifting during transit. Dealers are supposed to set it to Ford specs before delivery, but a lot of them are forgetting.

Rank VI

Jun 23, 2022

I’ve been fiddling with my pressures and got them down to 35 today. Much better ride than the 43 they were at when I picked it up from the dealer. I haven’t done a chalk test yet though so not sure how it might effect the wear.

Rank V

Jul 07, 2022

FordPass app recommends 33psi and that’s what I run on mine. Vehicles will often have excessively high pressures at dealer due to transit from the factory