DSS or D6?

ChanceA51BD
Mar 01, 2022

Rank 0

Mar 01, 2022

I've been going back and forth on this for days. I searched and read all I could find. I like the Go Rhino DSS and D6 steps. We have a 4 Door Black Diamond, non-SAS. It's got the regular fenders and black steel wheel with stock tires (for now). I may go up to 33 in the future at some point, but probably still keep the stock wheel.

I'm concerned the DSS isn't a big enough step, but the D6 will be too big. I'm 6' and will probably not use it getting out. Will the D6 be in my way or overpower the rest of the aesthetics? My wife and kids would use it as a step. Practicality > looks. We need to get in and out, and I can hopefully use the steps to protect the paint more from slung rocks and other doors.

Any advice? Any pictures of a stock black diamond with either? Profile or looking down the side?

I'll also be selling the stock rock sliders, and I'm in the Houston Area.
2021 4-Door Black Diamond, Area 51, 2.7L, Soft-top, Mid Package, Towing
SIDJake
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 01, 2022

Rank VI

Mar 02, 2022

I've been going back and forth on this for days. I searched and read all I could find. I like the Go Rhino DSS and D6 steps. We have a 4 Door Black Diamond, non-SAS. It's got the regular fenders and black steel wheel with stock tires (for now). I may go up to 33 in the future at some point, but probably still keep the stock wheel.

I'm concerned the DSS isn't a big enough step, but the D6 will be too big. I'm 6' and will probably not use it getting out. Will the D6 be in my way or overpower the rest of the aesthetics? My wife and kids would use it as a step. Practicality > looks. We need to get in and out, and I can hopefully use the steps to protect the paint more from slung rocks and other doors.

Any advice? Any pictures of a stock black diamond with either? Profile or looking down the side?

D6 has removable stirrups if you want them and are large enough to help prevent rock chips from tires. Love them, even after almost 5 months.

Attachments

BTilbury

Rank 0

Mar 02, 2022

D6 has removable stirrups if you want them and are large enough to help prevent rock chips from tires. Love them, even after almost 5 months.
Thanks. I saw your rig during my search. I think it looks great on the SAS configs and size appropriate. What I can't find is enough pictures of the D6 on non-SAS.
Bt_ostate

Rank VI

Mar 03, 2022

Thanks. I saw your rig during my search. I think it looks great on the SAS configs and size appropriate. What I can't find is enough pictures of the D6 on non-SAS.
Sorry I couldn't be more help.:confused:

That's a terrible idea, when do we start?

Mar 03, 2022

These look like a great solution! Did you install them yourself? If so, how difficult was it?
4 Door BadSquatch | Soft-top | Velocity Blue | 2.7 Auto | Towing | Lux | Leather

Rank VI

Mar 03, 2022

These look like a great solution! Did you install them yourself? If so, how difficult was it?
The stirrups just bolt into preexisting holes and are pretty straight forward and easy to install.

The boards themselves are a bit more difficult and really require two people to make it easiest.

Standing Grumpy Face

Mar 03, 2022

Have you looked at the RB20s?? I have them on my Gladiator and love them. I plan on running them on my Bronco when I get it.

A463B42D-2796-4E28-BEF0-554426AF247E.jpeg

Rank VI

Mar 03, 2022

Have you looked at the RB20s?? I have them on my Gladiator and love them. I plan on running them on my Bronco when I get it.

View attachment 30396
There was an issue with the brackets not being strong enough and the boards bending. Has been posted on this site and go rhino was trying to come up with a redesign, but hadn't as yet.

Standing Grumpy Face

Mar 03, 2022

There was an issue with the brackets not being strong enough and the boards bending. Has been posted on this site and go rhino was trying to come up with a redesign, but hadn't as yet.

Wow hadn't heard that. Mine are super strong. I'll have to monitor that when the time comes.
Bt_ostate

Road trip!!!

Mar 03, 2022

I have the ZRoadZ rails/steps on my bronco.

E540C8B5-2587-4479-812B-83DD7570E819.jpeg5789710F-8D3E-4EEB-9624-376DBB5BAA4E.jpegB7686F13-927C-4432-A666-6B48A875D30F.jpeg8CE94CA8-DFCD-4CA1-933E-8AF0646737F3.jpeg16FFB680-384F-421B-B1F2-19EFA920854C.jpeg
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
JDWeevil, Hobgoblin

Standing Grumpy Face

Mar 03, 2022

Kinda like those. How's the slip factor when they are wet?

Rank 0

Mar 03, 2022

View attachment 30396
I did. Those might be in 3rd place. But like someone just mentioned, there were bracket problems.

Road trip!!!

Mar 03, 2022

Kinda like those. How's the slip factor when they are wet?
There is a tiny bit of texture to the finish on them, so they are not completely smooth. If you zoom in on these pics you can see it. I was debating on putting a rhino liner paint on them, but not sure if it’s needed. They do make getting in and out of the bronco much easier.

3C6100C2-4B86-4E55-AC52-480712BB6FB6.jpegC31F10E2-FBA8-4C5B-8DEE-A67F14A46BC7.jpeg
Garemlin

Standing Grumpy Face

Mar 03, 2022

There is a tiny bit of texture to the finish on them, so they are not completely smooth. If you zoom in on these pics you can see it. I was debating on putting a rhino liner paint on them, but not sure if it’s needed. They do make getting in and out of the bronco much easier.

View attachment 30405View attachment 30406

I've seen people put strips of grip tape on running boards that tend to be slick.
SlashRacer, Deano Bronc

Road trip!!!

Mar 03, 2022

I've seen people put strips of grip tape on running boards that tend to be slick.
My OCD would kick in if the tape didn’t look good. :ROFLMAO:
lalalee, JDoc92

@elwood.bronco.blues

Mar 03, 2022

Guy on the Bronco6G forums put the D6 on a nonSAS BL.

Guy on the Bronco6G forums put the D6 on a nonSAS BL.

Screenshot_20220302-231423_Chrome.jpg
Follow Jake & Elwood's adventures on Instagram @elwood.bronco.blues

2022 BL 7MT High pkg in Velocity Blue | Ordered 2-25-2022 | Delivered 9-8-2022

@elwood.bronco.blues

Mar 03, 2022

Sorry for all that nonsense. Wouldn't let me post a link.
Follow Jake & Elwood's adventures on Instagram @elwood.bronco.blues

2022 BL 7MT High pkg in Velocity Blue | Ordered 2-25-2022 | Delivered 9-8-2022

Standing Grumpy Face

Mar 03, 2022

My OCD would kick in if the tape didn’t look good. :ROFLMAO:

I saw one guy do it and he took the time to cut the tape to perfectly match the boards. Looked like they came that way. And also looked like a ton of work. LOL
Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Mar 05, 2022

I like the clean look without any flaps or running boards / sliders…
But the snow/ice/slush is an issue…

can someone comment on the effectiveness of boards/sliders on keeping slush from building up on door handles, doors, and rear flares?
2021 badlands, 2.3, MT, rapid red, soft top
mluntoho

Rank 0