Champion III

Feb 12, 2021
Viola, TN, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Perry
Member #

As a woodworking enthusiast, I envisioned a rolling, partitioned and padded cart on casters (mine will be a 4dr btw). I could roll it to the Bronco, take off the doors, stow them in the bags and roll them in the shop. My main concern would be 1. messing them up while carrying them and 2. Messing them up while storing them. At least a cart would fix #1.

14U

Rank VI

Don't delete

Mar 3, 2021
Tulsa, OK, USA
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
Cook
Member #

Just my opinion-
I’m not sold on fords bag idea.
I think it’s great for the mic top parts.
But I also recall the big fad years ago, when people were putting bras on the front of their
Vehicles vinyl with soft fabrics on the paint side. They looked fine/great.
But...
Over time, the Fabricut would gather sand and a very disappointing result when you removed it.
The paint was trashed.
I a nut shell
Be VERY careful with using these door bags.

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

Just my opinion-
I’m not sold on fords bag idea.
I think it’s great for the mic top parts.
But I also recall the big fad years ago, when people were putting bras on the front of their
Vehicles vinyl with soft fabrics on the paint side. They looked fine/great.
But...
Over time, the Fabricut would gather sand and a very disappointing result when you removed it.
The paint was trashed.
I a nut shell
Be VERY careful with using these door bags.
Yep, I totally agree. I would never put a dirty door in one of the bags as all that dirt would be left in the bag for the next time. In all reality, probably won't use them at all.

Jmoffroad66

Rank III

Champion III

Mar 22, 2021
Texas, USA
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Manjarrez
Member #

Had the bags for the wife’s wrangler freedom top front panels but not the doors. Would leave the doors off all summer never needed bags. Probably do the same with the Bronco. Built my own rolling storage cart for the top. Going to adapt it for the Bronco.

KennyMac

Rank V

Promoter II

Dec 7, 2020
Alabama, USA
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
MacAllister
HFT makes a surprisingly stable and easily modified bike storage rack.
Screenshot_20210324-173804_Chrome.jpg
They have gone up in price, but still fairly reasonable for what you get. Using 2 of these (and coupons), some 2" c-channel, u-bolts and plumbing insulation and no welding, I made this for a little over $100, holds 4 kayaks with paddles and vests. I've been thinking similar construction for a rolling top and doors rack. With recent material price increases, I expect to be in the $200 range when I build it.

20181004_185824.jpg

20181004_190737.jpg

KennyMac

Rank V

Promoter II

Dec 7, 2020
Alabama, USA
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
MacAllister
$50
Yes, definitely one of the most cost effective ways to tackle this!

JRHopp

Rank IV

Supporter III

Oct 7, 2020
Peoria, IL, USA
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Hopping
For me the bags will be perfect because Illinois weather is unpredictable at best. If I take the doors off it will be for a weekend or day cruise. I'll probably only have the doors and roof off at the same time for about 2 weeks all summer. If I end up keeping my current car or getting a crappy grocery getter I may take everything off for an extended period. I guess we'll see. Either way, I'm going to have to figure out a storage plan. I'll probably utilize a hoist system if they end up off long-term. Most of my free space is in the roof of the garage. My 3rd stall is taken up with lawn mower, snow blower and motorcycle.

Reactions: ResidualGenius

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

$50
I would love to have something like this but have it wall hanging.
Maybe combine it with something like this?
tire-storage-solutions-wall-mounted-tire-rack.jpg