Does first Edition mean .... First produced?!?

JT_2110
Dec 16, 2020

Rank 0

Dec 16, 2020

I have a first edition reservation, does that mean that or have any bearing on my Bronco being one of the first ones produced? I’m assuming it would.... but I’ve learned in this process not to assume
Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2020

Rank IV

Dec 16, 2020

Don't believe First Edition is first produced. It's basically a special edition fully loaded. Advertised as having the best of all the other models combined in one.
14U, Boogeyman1

Rank VI

Dec 16, 2020

I have a first edition reservation, does that mean that or have any bearing on my Bronco being one of the first ones produced? I’m assuming it would.... but I’ve learned in this process not to assume
"First Edition" is best understood as a "Trim Level", usually its an exclusive first year production trim that can be limited by number (the Bronco in this case 7000). It's also common to be a top trim level model or a package in a trim level. Land Rover for example called the first top trim exclusive model to the Defender this past year "Launch Edition". The difference is that the Land Rover Launch Edition was not limited in numbers. The Bronco for example in FE trim has only 7000 units.

As for FE's being built first.......well, thats to be seen especially given previous emails from Ford stating that one could take the FE and Wildtrak models as "Late Availability" if you wanted to wait for the Painted Black Hardtop. :unsure: If you're confused, so are a lot of us.:LOL: I get the impression Ford is :poop: itself as to figuring out how, what, and why with anything Bronco at the moment.

Personally I'm not completely blaming Ford nor justifying them either. It seems any outdoor focused industry (oddly enough) has been crippled by supply chains from Motorcycles, Watercraft to RV's. So many different things are "Backordered" right now that I'm sure launching a popular product has got to be a nightmare. Don't get me wrong, I'm not here to say its okay that Ford's information about launch keeps changing however I could see how the phone rings with another person saying....."Oh, yeah, that thing.....we cant get that for another two months".:LOL:

I have the feeling I'm getting a FE in 2022......and I'm personally okay with it. If I'm paying that much for something I'd like (and hope) its built right the first time. Time will tell as they say. Good luck with the wait everyone.(y)
A big square Lightening Blue FE with puffy tires.....and a CB antenna for good measure! ;-)
D190065, Jakob1972

Rank V

Dec 16, 2020

I was told by a Ford person that the FE would be produced first, then Wildtrak, Badlands.... and so on. The email that came out yesterday also alluded to that happening potentially as well. But as always with this deal, wait and see and who knows what will happen in the end.
2D BL, Sas, 2.7l, High, Silver 10:22pm 7/13/20 Res, 1/31 2/7 2/14 2/28 3/7 build dates
built 3/11/22, delivered 4/16/22
Rgwinn, vintage

Rank VI

Dec 16, 2020

According to our Q&A with Ford, these are the primary factors regarding build order: Ford will schedule orders based on reservation time stamps, vehicle option constraints, and dealer allocation.

That said, orders have not been submitted and the production schedule hasn't been made yet so, it's still up in the air to a certain degree.
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Deano Bronc, Broncofly

Rank IV

Dec 16, 2020

I was told by a Ford person that the FE would be produced first, then Wildtrak, Badlands.... and so on. The email that came out yesterday also alluded to that happening potentially as well. But as always with this deal, wait and see and who knows what will happen in the end.
I could see this happening. As the FE is the most expensive model yielding the highest profits. They might do a batch of FE'S first with the mic gray top, then another batch later when the Black Mod top is available. As a FE reservation holder this would definitely work for me.
okie4570, Broncofly

Rank VI

Dec 16, 2020

One thing to remember here is that the first 3500 FEs would all be day 1 reservations so, yes, they'll be early in the build order. It will be interesting to see where the second batch of FEs fall.
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
TheBluePariah97, KennyMac

Rank IV

Dec 16, 2020

One thing to remember here is that the first 3500 FEs would all be day 1 reservations so, yes, they'll be early in the build order. It will be interesting to see where the second batch of FEs fall.
How do know what batch your in. I thought they over sold the first 3500 and just doubled the number to keep everyone that reserved one the first night happy. I may be wrong, as it's happened once before. Lol
Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Dec 17, 2020

They have to be able to keep the assembly plant running and all parts of the vehicle are set up on a rate and flow from suppliers that are for expected long term demand. Suppliers can't instantly tool up new factories to add capacity as these things take months to years to setup. They may be able to add overtime or shifts for some flexibility but there is a limit. As mentioned in the video they can only make so many sasquatch vehicles per month and only so many 2.7 engines and so on for every available option. They have to produce vehicles in a mix so that they don't run out of parts. The planning involves setting up the build order to agree with material constraints as well as demand.
Thane, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Dec 17, 2020

Would make sense if they produced the higher end models first. Why wouldn't Ford and the dealerships want to get the most coin in the bank as fast as possible. Would you produce a $28K truck before a $60K truck with waiting buyers. I mean why waste limited parts on lower end models. As a buyer I'd want to cancel and wait if my top end rig was months behind a base rig. Either way it unfolds, Ford is gonna leave some disappointed.
4DR BL-Cactus Gray - Sas - 2.7 - 10 Spd - Lux - Soft Top
Res 7/14 - Ord 1/20 - VIN 8/26 - Sticker 10/12 - Blend 10/18
vintage

Rank 0

Dec 20, 2020

According to our Q&A with Ford, these are the primary factors regarding build order: Ford will schedule orders based on reservation time stamps, vehicle option constraints, and dealer allocation.

That said, orders have not been submitted and the production schedule hasn't been made yet so, it's still up in the air to a certain degree.

Yes, this is what I heard too, but with all the FirstEditions being ordered within the first hour all the time stamps should be similar, and it should be the only trim to have that be the case

Rank VI

Dec 21, 2020

Meh. I am not sure if I want "First Produced". Reasons are simple, I want my painted modular top (which is late availability) and I am not sure I want to be the Guinea Pig as everyone comes back post-COVID. I am okay with them figuring it out on the other models FIRST!

1608567545332.png
I wasn't there...
Deano Bronc

Rank II

Jan 19, 2021

I have no idea if FEs will be produced first. But FEs are the only model they absolutely know how many to build and what the build spec is. One exception is the Tops and the Black leather seats will cause a later build. So they know they need 7000 2.7 motors and other goodies to build the First Editions. I don't believe they will all be built at once. It looks like a little less than half will wait for the black seats and mod top. It will be easy for Ford to mix 3500 FEs in with rest of the Bronco line and keep it moving. 60,000 to 72,000 Broncos will be built this year. 10,000 to 12,000 per Month. Production of MY2022 starts in December.
Just a guess.
Rgwinn, Broncofly

Rank VI

Jan 19, 2021

Production is based on time stamp so if there is say a wildtrak the is an earlier time stamp and an FE the wildtrak goes first if it’s got all its options available. First edition is just a limited production number of a special trim setup. Nothing about getting built ahead of the others.
14U

Rank VI

Jan 19, 2021

Not only Day 1, but within the first 6 hours 3500 FE’s were reserved. I know because when I finally got in at 3am EST they were gone.

Rank VI

Jan 19, 2021

Not only Day 1, but within the first 6 hours 3500 FE’s were reserved. I know because when I finally got in at 3am EST they were gone.
I actually think there are more than 3500 day one FE reservations. They announced pretty quickly the expansion of the number and that they were sold out, so my bet is that the number is more than 3500 and less than 7000 (some FEs were held back for dealers, promos, etc.). With the goof-up in the reservation system, it does not take much of a leap to draw the conclusion that the FE was oversold day one.
I wasn't there...
Cooknn

Rank VI

Jan 19, 2021

I actually think there are more than 3500 day one FE reservations...
Well, I know there are 3500 ahead of me :confused: I guess those west coast pipes (internet backbone) work better than what we have here in Southwest Florida. I saw a lot of CA reservations on a printout shared here that were all within moments of the system going live. For me it was not happening.
SierraHotelBronco

Rank VI

Jan 19, 2021

Well, I know there are 3500 ahead of me :confused: I guess those west coast pipes (internet backbone) work better than what we have here in Southwest Florida. I saw a lot of CA reservations on a printout shared here that were all within moments of the system going live. For me it was not happening.
Those bits do seem to flow better some places than others! For me, it does not matter. I want a shadow black top, so "late availability"!!!
I wasn't there...
Cooknn

Rank 0

Jan 21, 2021

I am guessing the First Editions will all be 2021 models?
Rgwinn

Moab or bust!!!

Jan 21, 2021

I am guessing the First Editions will all be 2021 models?
According to Esteban they will be.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Rgwinn