Mason, OH, USA
m.youtube.com
First Name
Milton
Last Name
Hughes
Member #

Hey everyone,
I just finished installing these SS3s SAE approved Pods and they are awesome!

I had to trim a smig but piece of cake!

I’ll post a link to the installation video this weekend.

Attachments

Diode Dynamics

Rank III

Super Supporter II

Aug 27, 2021
St.Louis, Missouri
www.diodedynamics.com
First Name
John
Last Name
C
Hey everyone,
I just finished installing these SS3s SAE approved Pods and they are awesome!

I had to trim a smig but piece of cake!

I’ll post a link to the installation video this weekend.
Awesome job! Thanks for sharing your installation and feedback, Milton!

John C.
Diode Dynamics

R11

Rank IV

Champion III

Oct 17, 2020
Virginia
www.basequatch.com
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Menna
Member #

Nice work dude! Been wondering about the bumper cover, hadn't looked at it, but hoped it popped off.

Picked up their SS3 fogs during the July 4 sale, so I might have to raise you an install on the base version of the non mod bumper, which doesn’t have spots for the fogs…or wiring!

What did you use to round out the factory hole? Dremel? I'm thinking maybe a hole saw might give me a good 'perfect-ish' circle since I have to start with no opening, at least in the cover. (Maybe there's a hole in the covered section...we'll see!)

@Diode Dynamics, do you happen to know whether one of your oem up fitter switch harness (which I enjoyed using on ditch lights) will reach to both fog locations?

Diode Dynamics

Rank III

Super Supporter II

Aug 27, 2021
St.Louis, Missouri
www.diodedynamics.com
First Name
John
Last Name
C
Nice work dude! Been wondering about the bumper cover, hadn't looked at it, but hoped it popped off.

Picked up their SS3 fogs during the July 4 sale, so I might have to raise you an install on the base version of the non mod bumper, which doesn’t have spots for the fogs…or wiring!

What did you use to round out the factory hole? Dremel? I'm thinking maybe a hole saw might give me a good 'perfect-ish' circle since I have to start with no opening, at least in the cover. (Maybe there's a hole in the covered section...we'll see!)

@Diode Dynamics, do you happen to know whether one of your oem up fitter switch harness (which I enjoyed using on ditch lights) will reach to both fog locations?
Hey there!

If you are referring to our OEM Auxiliary Switch Dual-Output Wiring Harness, all specifications are included on our dimensional diagram included on our listing for reference. We do offer DT extensions as well.

dd4056_aux_oem_switch_harness_dual_diagram.jpg

Please, feel free to let me know if you have any other questions!

John C.
Diode Dynamics

Reactions: Deano Bronc

MhughesJr

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Apr 1, 2021
Mason, OH, USA
m.youtube.com
First Name
Milton
Last Name
Hughes
Member #

I used a Dremel with a sand paper end on speed 3 to sand out the spots I needed to fit the fogs.
Send me a picture of the back side of your bumper where the fog would be.

R11

Rank IV

Champion III

Oct 17, 2020
Virginia
www.basequatch.com
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Menna
Member #

I used a Dremel with a sand paper end on speed 3 to sand out the spots I needed to fit the fogs.
Send me a picture of the back side of your bumper where the fog would be.
Nice, I see there are holes in the bumper, under the cover! Hadn't bothered to look yet until yesterday.

IMG_6876.jpeg

Reactions: ChapEJF

MhughesJr

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Apr 1, 2021
Mason, OH, USA
m.youtube.com
First Name
Milton
Last Name
Hughes
Member #

Nice, I see there are holes in the bumper, under the cover! Hadn't bothered to look yet until yesterday.

View attachment 17767
I would mark it from the back and then pop the cover of or just order the covers from a big bend bronco at your dealership. You are also going to need the 8 tap in screws for the fogs and the wire harness.

Reactions: R11