Details on Additional Sound Deadening Feature in 2021 Bronco High Package

David
Feb 10, 2021

Rank VI

Feb 10, 2021

Additional sound deadening is a feature of the high package on Bronco and available in the Outer Banks, Badlands, and Wildtrack, and comes standard on First Edition. Some of you have asked about details of the feature and what it actually is. Ford has confirmed to Bronco Nation that the additional sound deadening material is located in the engine bay and is designed to absorb engine noise.

It includes a battery cover,
ASD-3.jpg

insulation on the firewall,
ASD-2.jpg

and a hood liner.
ASD-1.jpg
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
BuckYeah, Ditchrunner
Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2021

Rank VI

Feb 10, 2021

Nice! Thanks for the update. Is it only in the engine compartment, or in the foot wells / side walls / floorboards as well?
ELW, Midnight Blue

Rank VI

Feb 10, 2021

Nice! Thanks for the update. Is it only in the engine compartment, or in the foot wells / side walls / floorboards as well?
This feature seems to be isolated to the engine compartment and is focused on reducing engine noise.
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Midnight Blue, Black&Blue

Rank IV

Feb 10, 2021

Additional sound deadening is a feature of the high package on Bronco and available in the Outer Banks, Badlands, and Wildtrack, and comes standard on First Edition. Some of you have asked about details of the feature and what it actually is. Ford has confirmed to Bronco Nation that the additional sound deadening material is located in the engine bay and is designed to absorb engine noise.

View attachment 8855

View attachment 8854

and a hood liner.
View attachment 8853

Good stuff! Thanks for getting this to us!!
Black&Blue

Rank VI

Feb 10, 2021

Thanks for posting this. I'd been curious what was included with that feature in the high package
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
Black&Blue

Rank 0

Feb 10, 2021

oh good, they put a memory foam mattress in the engine bay lol
Heske007, Black&Blue

Life is a Highway

Feb 10, 2021

oh good, they put a memory foam mattress in the engine bay lol
Just remember, don’t smoke in bed!
Black&Blue, Flattop 1966

Rank 0

Feb 10, 2021

With the tire options on these rigs, I was really hoping it was something along these lines as well. While the engine bay insulation is nice, I figured we'd be picking up a lot of noise from the tires on the roads.
ELW, Midnight Blue

Rank 0

Feb 10, 2021

Hey @David , would you guys please consider doing a quick overview of the speaker systems in the Bronco? We have yet to get firm confirmation on where all the speaker locations are for the B&O system vs the stock system. I understand it's possible to fit more than one speaker into an opening and this very well might be the case for the B&O. However, you could also discuss the material differences of the cones or how Ford worked with B&O to optimize the sound levels given the design of the cabin etc etc. I would REALLY appreciate this as it is one of the main reasons I opted for the Lux package.
RedCo, Airwolf

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Feb 10, 2021

I used the Dynamat Hoodliner most often in my custom builds as it just looks good and reflects a lot of heat from the engine as well . Most customers were surprised at how much noise inside the cabin comes from the engine bay . That big flat hood is a sound amplifier and the factory insulation does a decent job for what it is . I'll use it until it gets worn then install some blingy Dyna mat under there :)

Amazon.com: Dynamat 11905 Hoodliner 32" x 54" x 3/4" Thick Self-Adhesive Sound Deadener: Automotive
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
Black&Blue, Bronc96

Rank V

Feb 10, 2021

Thank goodness for the battery cover, they make so much noise under the hood. All that other insulation is just meh. In all seriousness thanks for detailing this out David, I was curious what Ford had planned for the cost.
Heske007, nic

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Feb 10, 2021

Thank goodness for the battery cover, they make so much noise under the hood. All that other insulation is just meh. In all seriousness thanks for detailing this out David, I was curious what Ford had planned for the cost.

It will be more than "meh" when compared to a trim that doesn't have it . It should be standard though .
The battery covers are generally to help the battery last longer in cold climates and also heat . I'm sure it was just included as part of the under hood pkg from the supplier .
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
Black&Blue, AcesandEights

Rank III

Feb 10, 2021

Best sound deadeners on the market!582A81ED-B953-4446-B5DF-5B958D6BBF14.jpeg
ABQNMBronco, Black&Blue

Rank 0

Feb 10, 2021

Just remember, don’t smoke in bed!

I barley cause a spark in bed, no less smoke :)
tzuercher, SlashRacer

Rank V

Feb 10, 2021

@Rincon beat me to pointing out the obnoxious battery noise others will have to suffer through while us high package snobs bomb down the highway in relative silence, but I bet that hood and firewall insulation actually cuts down way more road noise than most people give it credit for. Think about it, engine, tire, and other noise just resonates off the hood and through the firewall. Thanks @David for the awesome detail as usual!
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow
Bronc96, Nellman

Rank VI

Feb 12, 2021

With the tire options on these rigs, I was really hoping it was something along these lines as well. While the engine bay insulation is nice, I figured we'd be picking up a lot of noise from the tires on the roads.
I put Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my 2018 JKU and was surprised that I had very little road noise from these very aggressive looking tires. I hope the tires that come with the Sasquatch upgrade perform the same...quiet on the highway and great traction off-road.
7/14: Outer Banks, Eruption Green, Lux Package, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Roof Rack, Towing Package, HD Modular front bumper, AUX switches
dvazana, Bronc96

Rank VI

Feb 12, 2021

View attachment 8855

View attachment 8854

and a hood liner.
View attachment 8853
Thanks for the update and photos on the engine sound deadening!
7/14: Outer Banks, Eruption Green, Lux Package, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Roof Rack, Towing Package, HD Modular front bumper, AUX switches
ABQNMBronco, Bronc96

Life is a Highway

Feb 12, 2021

Dang you must have Dumbo ears, those ear plugs are Huuuuuuge :ROFLMAO:
JoergH, dvazana

Rank III

Feb 12, 2021

Best sound deadeners on the market!View attachment 8864

And Emergency Vehicles wonder why no one will move over for them.
Black&Blue, dvazana

Wash Me

Feb 12, 2021

I hope this sound deadener is mouse and chipmunk proof. My 2006 F150 lost it all to the critters . Nesting in my air filter. I now tape moth balls to the firewall. It's a long story !
Res 7/24/20 - 4dr Badlands 2.7- MIC-- High - Hot Pepper- Mod-- 8/12 Blend Date -Del 9/12/22
ABQNMBronco, Soupcook