Delays causing issues

onemoremile88
Oct 15, 2021

Rank 0

Oct 15, 2021

I went to a local dealer and provided information on what I wanted in a 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands. I initialed the order and provided a $1,000 deposit. I did not get a purchase/sales contract so I have an idea of the final cost, but we do not have a signed contract. No discussion of financing, trade-in, and no delivery date was even estimated.

I got a "build date" notice. Then another notice...build date slipped. I am becoming concerned that the completion and delivery will come much later and I need to get it sooner.

Since I have no purchase contract, no agreed on price, no delivery date, no method of payment, and no payment due date, does this dealer have any basis for not refunding the deposit if I later decide the timeframe is getting way too long?

Appreciate your help in advance.
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2021
OBXBroncoGuy

Oct 16, 2021

I went to a local dealer and provided information on what I wanted in a 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands. I initialed the order and provided a $1,000 deposit. I did not get a purchase/sales contract so I have an idea of the final cost, but we do not have a signed contract. No discussion of financing, trade-in, and no delivery date was even estimated.

I got a "build date" notice. Then another notice...build date slipped. I am becoming concerned that the completion and delivery will come much later and I need to get it sooner.

Since I have no purchase contract, no agreed on price, no delivery date, no method of payment, and no payment due date, does this dealer have any basis for not refunding the deposit if I later decide the timeframe is getting way too long?

Appreciate your help in advance.

Hi and welcome to BN!

They either told you it was non refundable or they told you it was. If it was non refundable, you will lose the money, or try and take it all to court