Dealer gouging is real.

MamaDoc
Aug 07, 2021

Rank 0

Aug 07, 2021

Do the order sheets mean nothing as far as price goes? We printed and signed our order sheet even had it notarized and now at the 11th hour the dealer states there’s a $10k adm. I assumed if there was a markup, they would’ve added that to the order sheet at which time we would have turned it down and went with a different dealer. But here we are.

Attachments

KJC76, Mountainwiitch
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 07, 2021

Rank II

Aug 07, 2021

No, they are not “legal” documents guaranteeing price. It’s a little late now, but I would have asked about markups at the time of your order. Another option would have been to request to take care of the financing at that time to get the out the door price. And get the out the door price in writing.

The one thing I have learned after buying a few cars is…nothing is set in stone until you sign the papers and walk out the door with the keys in your hand.
SierraHotelBronco, Gunninja1

Pitter Patter Let's Get At 'Er!

Aug 07, 2021

i got this same sheet but when i spoke with my dealership my sales guy told me there wouldn't be any markups for reserving a bronco.
Big Bend| 4DR | Hardtop | Velocity Blue | Mid Package | Black Onyx Intr | Sasquatch.
Built -
4/19/22 | Delivered - 7/18/22
UpNOver, Deano Bronc

Formerly True

Aug 07, 2021

That was one of my first questions. Was there going to be a mark up my dealer said they were only marking up First Edition and Wildtrack orders by 5-10k. I asked again and he didn't change his answer so I guess I got a good dealer.
MamaDoc

Rank III

Aug 07, 2021

Dealers decide what goodwill is worth, 10k? 5k? It is very easy to see why they would trash their reputation with you, as sleezy as it is.
Ford ignore's the fleecing, passing the ill will onto dealers.

Ford is the only actor that could remedy this, they started the Bronco hype train, signed up 200K fans, strung up delivery with understandable delays, then Ford is nowhere to assist reservation order holders being rampaged for dealer profit defeating the reservation system.

At least Tesla's reservations are fixed price/no dealers. This is the future, can't come quick enough, and I will pay more to support it.
Shadowblade, 1Five1 Garage

Rank II

Aug 07, 2021

My dealer told me they will not charge over msrp. However, he did say if Ford raised the msrp they’d have to honor that. But he guaranteed and wrote on my order that they would not raise the price as a dealer.
DanO1138, smknjoe

Rank V

Aug 07, 2021

These horror stories are concerning. I’m waiting until next fall to put an order in. I want to see the redesigned 4 Runner and what progress is made on the Bronco tops and ordering.
MY22 Badlands, Eruption Green, Sasquatch, 2.7, Lux. Res. Date 5/27/21, Ordered 10/15/21, On Ice Mountain…
StrictlyBroncos, MamaDoc

Rank VI

Aug 07, 2021

$10k markup to risk your reputation in a cutthroat business like selling cars? Maybe some will try to get away with it, but most won't.

You need to have a folder with every email, window sticker,, step of the process etc... In case something like this happens.

When your Bronco gets built, Ford sends the email to YOU notifying you that the vehicle you specced out and had the pleasure of putting $100 down and sent to the very dealership trying to screw you, will be shipped soon. In that same email it will give you an approximate window of delivery.

Visit your salesman the week before it shows up and finalize your trade etc.. so you can have your financing squared (cashiers check or financing) the following week.

If things get squirelly with numbers you have all of your paperwork and can try to use the reason of no mentions of markup until that moment and the promise from Ford Motor Company to freeze prices.

If they don't budge be prepared to go to your local media outlets with a "consumer been wronged story". Consumer advocates are around in most markets in TV, radio and print. This doesn't even include social media.

Does any dealership want the honest truth of a consumer ordered vehicle at what is considered a standard price (msrp), hoodwinked by a shady salesman at the 11th hour? I think not.

Remember dealerships make their money in the service department. Salesmen make it on the cars that end up in that same department. They have been crushed with all of the covid mess (inventory, etc...) There will definitely be some bad actors out there, but there is no way the owners of these dealerships would risk their reputation for a little extra coin. Not worth it imo.

Tits
JetsetterAZ, Shadowblade

Rank 0

Aug 07, 2021

$10k markup to risk your reputation in a cutthroat business like selling cars? Maybe some will try to get away with it, but most won't.

You need to have a folder with every email, window sticker,, step of the process etc... In case something like this happens.

When your Bronco gets built, Ford sends the email to YOU notifying you that the vehicle you specced out and had the pleasure of putting $100 down and sent to the very dealership trying to screw you, will be shipped soon. In that same email it will give you an approximate window of delivery.

Visit your salesman the week before it shows up and finalize your trade etc.. so you can have your financing squared (cashiers check or financing) the following week.

If things get squirelly with numbers you have all of your paperwork and can try to use the reason of no mentions of markup until that moment and the promise from Ford Motor Company to freeze prices.

If they don't budge be prepared to go to your local media outlets with a "consumer been wronged story". Consumer advocates are around in most markets in TV, radio and print. This doesn't even include social media.

Does any dealership want the honest truth of a consumer ordered vehicle at what is considered a standard price (msrp), hoodwinked by a shady salesman at the 11th hour? I think not.

Remember dealerships make their money in the service department. Salesmen make it on the cars that end up in that same department. They have been crushed with all of the covid mess (inventory, etc...) There will definitely be some bad actors out there, but there is no way Owners of these dealerships would risk their reputation for a little extra coin. Not worth it imo.

Tits
Not that it matters because we all work hard for our money and should be treated equally like a valued customer, being in the medical field and having an overwhelmingly shitty year and really looking forward to this vehicle as a reprieve from the horrors of my daily routine, I saw this as a glimmer of appreciation for myself and a treat. Too bad Ford motor company doesn’t feel the same about their customers as we’re apparently all just reservation numbers.
Ditchrunner, Deedra

Libations MOD

Aug 07, 2021

Do the order sheets mean nothing as far as price goes? We printed and signed our order sheet even had it notarized and now at the 11th hour the dealer states there’s a $10k adm. I assumed if there was a markup, they would’ve added that to the order sheet at which time we would have turned it down and went with a different dealer. But here we are.
That's far from any legally binding document
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Thane

Rank 0

Aug 07, 2021

i got this same sheet but when i spoke with my dealership my sales guy told me there wouldn't be any markups for reserving a bronco.
Same with me, my dealer sent me 'no mark ups' in email... I made sure of that after reading every one's post. March order date.. No sign of being built in sight.. I ordered the unicorn (2 dr Wildtrak).. Good luck!

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Aug 07, 2021

These horror stories are concerning. I’m waiting until next fall to put an order in. I want to see the redesigned 4 Runner and what progress is made on the Bronco tops and ordering.
By next fall the gouging nonsense will be over.

Rank 0

Aug 08, 2021

That's far from any legally binding document
I don’t believe I stated it was any legally bound contract. Just merely pointing out the deception of not including the markup on the order as it would be very easy to do that and we could have made the order elsewhere. There’s a reason state attorney generals have employees taking complaints about deceptive business practices from automotive dealers. Crazy I know.
Deano Bronc

Rank V

Aug 09, 2021

I signed the same form to place an order with my LFD at MSRP. I have faith they will honor the deal. If not, then game on.
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow
TitsLaRue, glamosaurus

Rank VI

Aug 09, 2021

I signed the same form to place an order with my LFD. If they renege on the deal at delivery and don't honor MSRP, I will loose my mind. I hate lawyers, and don't want to take that route, but I have an antique firetruck I will park in their showroom. Then I will need a lawyer.
If my dealer trys to rip me for 10k adm than neither of us will benefit as I will have to take it for another test drive. For some scientific experiments in physics before I pay...

:ROFLMAO:
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.
MonkeyBoy1969, LR48

Rank 0

Aug 09, 2021

My dealer told me they will not charge over msrp. However, he did say if Ford raised the msrp they’d have to honor that. But he guaranteed and wrote on my order that they would not raise the price as a dealer.

Luckily Ford has extended price-protection for standing orders. If anyone tries to tell you the MSRP has changed they are lying.
LR48

Rank II

Aug 09, 2021

Luckily Ford has extended price-protection for standing orders. If anyone tries to tell you the MSRP has changed they are lying.
Even an order just placed on 8-7? If so- that’s great to know!

Road trip!!!

Aug 09, 2021

If my dealer trys to rip me for 10k adm than neither of us will benefit as I will have to take it for another test drive. For some scientific experiments in physics before I pay...

2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
Bronc96, Sdakotabronco

Rank V

Aug 09, 2021

Even an order just placed on 8-7? If so- that’s great to know!
The cut off for price freeze was some time in March I believe. I’m sure someone will supply the exact date. Mid September 2022’s will be available to order. Not sure why they are even taking orders for 2021’s right now or since March for that fact. There is no way they will fill the order and all will need to submit a new order for 2022 and maybe even 2023 at the rate things are going.
MY22 Badlands, Eruption Green, Sasquatch, 2.7, Lux. Res. Date 5/27/21, Ordered 10/15/21, On Ice Mountain…
14U

Gladesmen

Aug 09, 2021

Yeah and put it on Youtube and when it goes viral you will make enough to buy a Bronco from another dealership. :ROFLMAO:
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
RobCo, LR48