Dealer demos between KS and AZ late this month?

Broncadonk MKG
Jun 11, 2021

Rank V

Jun 11, 2021

I am driving from KS to Tucson AZ the last weekend of this month. Once I’m there I won’t have any time to go out and about, so I’m really hoping someone knows a dealership along the way who will have a demo. I’m willing to stray a bit from my route, which is more or less west KS, OK panhandle, Albuquerque, southern NM, then Tucson. I might even detour through CO if someone’s dealer is willing to let me stick around a couple hours and stretch my legs.

I’m really, REALLY hoping to see a Bronco in person before my 3 month assignment in AZ. Because, after brief convos with my new dealer, there’s a good chance I will have a build date by the time I wrap up this fall and (the gods willing) I will have delivery in Oct/Nov.
TK1215, Sdakotabronco
Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2021

Rank III

Jun 11, 2021

I was told by my dealer that at some point this month that all Ford dealerships were suppose to receive at least one Bronco for the dealership to use. Which didn't make me happy that they were doing that before building the ones for paying customers. But whatever at this point.
TK1215, 14U

Libations MOD

Jun 11, 2021

I was told by my dealer that at some point this month that all Ford dealerships were suppose to receive at least one Bronco for the dealership to use. Which didn't make me happy that they were doing that before building the ones for paying customers. But whatever at this point.
Agreed there, no reason to get one or two in dealers hands when they can't sell them for 6+ months, new reservations might be a summer 2022, and they can fulfill reservations at this point that were within the first 72 hrs
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
TK1215, 14U

Member 2541 Jerry

Jun 11, 2021

I am driving from KS to Tucson AZ the last weekend of this month. Once I’m there I won’t have any time to go out and about, so I’m really hoping someone knows a dealership along the way who will have a demo. I’m willing to stray a bit from my route, which is more or less west KS, OK panhandle, Albuquerque, southern NM, then Tucson. I might even detour through CO if someone’s dealer is willing to let me stick around a couple hours and stretch my legs.

I’m really, REALLY hoping to see a Bronco in person before my 3 month assignment in AZ. Because, after brief convos with my new dealer, there’s a good chance I will have a build date by the time I wrap up this fall and (the gods willing) I will have delivery in Oct/Nov.
41353777-2B1E-45D8-8168-E86496DE6A9C.png
this has just shown up on my lfd website.
I called and she knew nothing about it.
But is shows in their inventory.
“Possible Dealer Demo” I would guess.
2022 -2door Black Diamond
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
TK1215

Rank V

Jun 11, 2021

I’m as irritated with Ford as anyone here, but allocating dealer demos makes a lot of sense.

-Demo inventory is a drop in the bucket compared to the +/-150,000 orders.

-without demos, the rare few who get their orders before everyone else will be bombarded with requests to check theirs out, aka invade privacy and complicate things for customers.

Just imagine being a reservation holder (like myself) with a 7/14 reservation knowing that you won’t see yours for months, even years, and you cannot test drive one or even look inside one that you see parked in the Walmart parking lot by some lucky b who got theirs well before you did. So you wait in limbo hoping to god that your LFD gets a Bronco in that doesn’t get delivered for whatever reason, and you can make it within the next hour to look at it before someone else buys it.

With the scarce market right now, people are snatching up new inventory within hours of delivery. My dealership (I am a salesman for GM) had an Escalade that literally didn’t last 30 minutes between the time it got off the truck and it was already sold. Now imagine that with a Bronco, which is arguably the most coveted vehicle of the decade.

TLDR: demos will save a lot of headache, and a lot of heartache for a lot of folks.
TK1215, Sdakotabronco

Home, home on the range

Jun 11, 2021

Honestly makes me wonder how many will be stolen. People will make money doing it. With a softtop we're just making it easier.
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
Cliffhanger, TK1215

Rank V

Jun 11, 2021

Anyone heard if Ford has a factory pickup option? Have purchased BMW's and been able to view them coming off the line, QC'd, then prepped. Handed over to me with a bit of fan fare when ready. If Ford had/has such a program, it would be nice to pick it up and drive it back to Florida.
BroncoMontana, TK1215

Moab or bust!!!

Jun 11, 2021

Anyone heard if Ford has a factory pickup option? Have purchased BMW's and been able to view them coming off the line, QC'd, then prepped. Handed over to me with a bit of fan fare when ready. If Ford had/has such a program, it would be nice to pick it up and drive it back to Florida.
Sorry, Ford has no such program.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.

Rank V

Jun 11, 2021

Well it was a good thought
14U, Deano Bronc

Rank II

Jun 11, 2021

Great idea, also like the Corvette in KY. But it seems that if it would be a great idea and help with transportation logistics, then companies wont do it.
‘21 Carbonized Gray
Base, 2.3L, MIC top 2.0

Rank V

Jun 11, 2021

Honestly makes me wonder how many will be stolen. People will make money doing it. With a softtop we're just making it easier.

I doubt it. Most thefts are to send through chop shops for parts or to commit another crime without being seen in your own personal vehicle. Although many parts are interchangeable with other Ford models, there isn’t that kind of black market demand yet. Also, grand theft auto with intention to commit other felonies (if the crook is smart) targets lesser identifiable cars. Aka they’ll steal a 2008 Impala before they steal your Bronco.

Plus with the FordPass app it’s pretty easy to track the vehicle as long as you have it set up. And Ford penalizes dealers for failing to set up a customer account with FP. It’s not like a LoJack or Swat where you just tear a small GPS box out from under the dash, it’s programmed into one of the on board computers.
Sdakotabronco, Cliffhanger

Rank V

Jun 11, 2021

Agreed there, no reason to get one or two in dealers hands when they can't sell them for 6+ months, new reservations might be a summer 2022, and they can fulfill reservations at this point that were within the first 72 hrs
Best reason i can think of is for Ford to figure out the production line and make adjustments so that dealer vehicles have gremlins in them, and customer orders do not (or less).
ResidualGenius