Dealer allocation

Senamonster
Feb 14, 2021

Rank III

Feb 14, 2021

My dealer told me that since I order before September that I would be guaranteed a MY21.

I don’t really believe that!

I also asked what number in line I was at the dealer to understand where I was on the list. They said allocation had nothing to do with your order delivery.

Of course these answers came after I converted my reservation.

Any thoughts on my situation?
Bronc96, PSUTE
Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2021

Rank VI

Feb 14, 2021

My dealer told me that since I order before September that I would be guaranteed a MY21.

I don’t really believe that!

I also asked what number in line I was at the dealer to understand where I was on the list. They said allocation had nothing to do with your order delivery.

Of course these answers came after I converted my reservation.

Any thoughts on my situation?

Is your watch still on your wrist? ;)
BroncoBill, Slownstddy

Rank III

Feb 14, 2021

I better check!
Slownstddy, Steve777468

Gladesmen

Feb 14, 2021

Unfortunately no one really knows. There are a lot of variables. That said I doubt if you ordered after July you will see a MY21. I could see some later July orders coming in MY 21 but a lot of things would have to work in their favor, like a bunch of folks waiting for MY22 or having the deadly six and you have none but that will be very unlikely. I’m expecting mine in a year or so.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Rydfree, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Feb 14, 2021

It does seem unlikely that “before September” would guarantee a MY21, but I suppose until Ford plans it’s production schedule in May, we don’t actually know.

I think one of the biggest lessons learned from Ford in this roll out is that enthusiast forums are a MUCH better place for accurate information than their dealers, which I’d imagine is a wee, tiny bit of a problem.
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
Bronc96, DeepCreek

Rank III

Feb 14, 2021

I was hoping that the dealer would give some better info my timestamp says July 14. I told them that i wanted to change some options if I was going to get a MY22.

Rank VI

Feb 14, 2021

Another factor that Ford has stated will influence the distribution is geographic areas where competitive vehicles are plentiful. I assume the competitive vehicles will be Jeep, Land Rover, and 4Runner. We do not know how this factor will play out, but it may be a component of dealer allocations. If that happens, I would expect dealers in states such as Colorado could have slightly higher dealer allocations.
Bronc96

Gladesmen

Feb 14, 2021

Well a 7/14 really depends on the dealer allocation. If the dealership has an allocation of 80 Broncos but there were 150 orders to the dealership on 7/14 then 70 folks will be MY22 assuming the 80 all opt for MY21s. This is where if you are on the bubble like 81-83 you might bet bumped up if there are some hold outs.
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Bronc96, Gutter Clown

Gladesmen

Feb 14, 2021

Another factor that Ford has stated will influence the distribution is geographic areas where competitive vehicles are plentiful. I assume the competitive vehicles will be Jeep, Land Rover, and 4Runner. We do not know how this factor will play out, but it may be a component of dealer allocations. If that happens, I would expect dealers in states such as Colorado could have slightly higher dealer allocations.
The dealership my brother is using (Jordan) and the dealership I am using (Boerne) are both getting 80 units Jordan has 450 orders and Boerne has 430. I bet the other 4 dealerships in the area have a similar allocation. There are tons of Jeep’s and Toyota’s in these parts. So there are going to be a lot of us waiting.
BrandiC, Bronc96

Rank VI

Feb 14, 2021

I was hoping that the dealer would give some better info my timestamp says July 14. I told them that i wanted to change some options if I was going to get an MY22.

I suspect most buyers will not have a clear understanding of where they fall within the MY21 allocation for their chosen dealer. Keep in mind, the allocation figure dealers were given in January was preliminary and could be adjusted up or down based on the percent of reservations converted to orders.

The best I could obtain from my dealer is the initial allocation figure and the current (as of 02/11/21) conversion percentage. What I could not obtain was where my date/time stamp fell within the reservations previously converted. From my knowledge of WBDO, I do not see an easy method for dealers to obtain that figure.

Like yourself, I have a 7/14 reservation and I may not get an MY21 Bronco.
Bronc96, Deano Bronc

Rank III

Feb 14, 2021

I was hoping that the dealer would give some better info my timestamp says July 14. I told them that i wanted to change some options if I was going to get an MY22.

I suspect most buyers will not have a clear understanding of where they fall within the MY21 allocation for their chosen dealer. Keep in mind, the allocation figure dealers were given in January was preliminary and could be adjusted up or down based on the percent of reservations converted to orders.

The best I could obtain from my dealer is the initial allocation figure and the current (as of 02/11/21) conversion percentage. What I could not obtain was where my date/time stamp fell within the reservations previously converted. From my knowledge of WBDO, I do not see an easy method for dealers to obtain that figure.

Like yourself, I have a 7/14 reservation and I may not get an MY21 Bronco.

That is my concern too! Just place the order a wait.
Steve777468, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Feb 14, 2021

That is my concern too! Just place the order a wait.

Yes, this is still part of the rollercoaster ride. Until our Broncos are in the driveway, we will have moments of concern. The good thing is knowing we did the best we could with the factors within our control. Actually, I would wager we did better than most due to the knowledge we gathered from Bronco Nation.
john seaman, Bronc96

Rank III

Feb 14, 2021

I completely agree, Bronco Nation has been a great place to find out the finer details.
ATC Enthusiast, Bronc96

Rank IV

Feb 15, 2021

The best news will come in May. Before that is all speculation as allocations are not set in stone and can get shifted around.

Allocations are the #1 determining factor if you are getting a 21MY or not. #2 if you chose any of the 6 Deadly sins. #3 If you chose any late availability items.

Dealerships cannot receive more units than their allocations. Like someone said before if your dealership has 200 conversions and all are July 14th time stamp and only 100 allocations, than 100 of those will be pushed to 22MY.

But I see Ford taking allocations from Paul to give to Sally, if Paul's reservation time stamps are newer and Sally has more time stamps closer to first day.
Bronc96, BuzzyBud

Feb 15, 2021

Too many variables and too many dealers making assumptions and promises OUT OF THEIR control, really. At this point, everything is just empty talk. We consumers, truly won't know where we stand until the Order Bank closes next month and Ford does a "shake down" of ALL of the orders. Only then, with time stamps, dealer allocations, etc., will we have a better idea IF you'll be a certain 21MY or possibly later.

At this point, dealership's should stick to "under promising & over delivering" - rather than the opposite where they are just setting their customers up for more frustration and disappointment.
ATC Enthusiast, Bronc96

No Ragerts

Feb 15, 2021

Is there a master list that illustrates how many allocations a specific dealership has or do I just ask my sales person? And assuming that I have to ask, how do I know the answer is factual?
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
Jakob1972, BuzzyBud

Rank IV

Feb 15, 2021

Is there a master list that illustrates how many allocations a specific dealership has or do I just ask my sales person? And assuming that I have to ask, how do I know the answer is factual?
I asked my dealership. I don't believe there is an actual list for the public.
BuzzyBud, Bschurr

Rank 0

Feb 15, 2021

What's considered "The 6 Deadly Sins"? I assume some late availability options?

Rank VI

Feb 15, 2021

Sasquatch
Wildtrac
Lux package
2.7l engine
2 door
Leather trimmed interior

the items are not considered late availability, but Ford has indicated that there could be supply constraints of them, which could cause a delay in vehicles ordered with them.
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
Jakob1972, Bronc96

Rank IV

Feb 15, 2021

First 6 points are the 6 deadly sins. After that are late availability items. Email sent to all reservation holders from Ford.

Attachments

ATC Enthusiast, Bronc96